Performance Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Scripting is good, it's stable, and customer service is responsive
  • "Scripting with the solution is good."
  • "The solution needs to improve reporting. Currently, there is not enough automation involved with the feature. For example, there should be an automatic way of saving reports."

What is our primary use case?

I am using the solution for load, endurance, and performance testing.

What is most valuable?

Scripting with the solution is good.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to improve reporting. Currently, there is not enough automation involved with the feature. For example, there should be an automatic way of saving reports. I have also found the recording should be improved too. When you are entering a launch in the controller the recording request should be inside it. Lastly, if they could make the technology better in terms of speed, this would help us.

I have been using the solution for two months.

Apache JMeter
December 2022
Learn what your peers think about Apache JMeter. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

When I compared this solution to others there were variations in the response times but it is stable.

We have used the current solution process for approximately 400 users.

The customer service is quite good. They get a lot of people requesting support but even under those conditions, they are still efficient at responding.

I have previously used NeoLoad.

The setup is easy, it is not that complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Apache Jmeter.

I rate Apache JMeter an eight out of ten.

Fatih Mehmet HARMANCI - PeerSpot reviewer
Software Testing Services Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Free and not difficult to set up, but it is difficult to test APIs and model a test
  • "We are using it just for load testing. We are using its free version, and it is scalable."
  • "Modeling a test is difficult. If you don't have much knowledge, you won't be able to do it easily. Testing APIs is also difficult."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for load testing. We test other companies' programs.

What is most valuable?

We are using it just for load testing. We are using its free version, and it is scalable.

What needs improvement?

I am not satisfied with this solution. Its UI side is not so easy to use for beginners. It should be easier.

Modeling a test is difficult. If you don't have much knowledge, you won't be able to do it easily. Testing APIs is also difficult.

For JSON, you can use tools such as JSONBuddy, but they are difficult to get in JMeter. It should be easy to get JSONBuddy from the website. I have to use BlazeMeter only to get JSONBuddy.

It has been about five months.

It is not so stable.

It is scalable.

Their support is fine. There are not many Apache documents, but you can find other documents on the web.

It is not so difficult.

We are using the free version.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of 10.

Apache JMeter
December 2022
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SrinivasPakala - PeerSpot reviewer
Director Consulting Expert at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Great features, reliable over the years, with accuracy in overall performance

What is most valuable?

The distributed load testing is very good and the ramp-up. When we come out with the right ramp-up plan, it can be converted into Apache JMeter script very well. This accurately simulates how many of our transactions need to be triggered.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see exceptions improved. The initial setup is complex and needs to be upgraded. It would be great to have additional protocols other than HTTP, HTTPS, and APIs.

I have been working with Apache JMeter for the past seven years.

The stability is good and I am not finding any issues.

We are not having any problems with the scalability of Apache JMeter

Technical support is very good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup is complex.

Apache JMeter is a free tool.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Apache JMeter a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
DevOps Engineer at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Simple setup, reliable, and good online community available
  • "Apache JMeter is stable."
  • "In Micro Focus LoadRunner we can go from the UI and we can configure it. There is no such feature in Apache JMeter. There should be UI-based recording history or logs."

What needs improvement?

In Micro Focus LoadRunner we can go from the UI and we can configure it. There is no such feature in Apache JMeter. There should be UI-based recording history or logs.

I have been using Apache JMeter for one year.

Apache JMeter is stable.

I have found Apache JMeter to be scalable.

Since Apache JMeter is open source there is no vendor support, you have to use the online communities available.

I have used Micro Focus LoadRunner previously and it is better features than Apache JMeter. However, it is not free.

The initial setup was easy for Apache JMeter.

Apache JMeter is a free open source solution and it is why we are using it.

What other advice do I have?

For those who do not want to spend money on tools then this solution would be a good choice. This is the best solution in the open-source category.

I rate Apache JMeter an eight out of ten.

Consultant at Capgemini Invent
The solution is open-source, easy to install, not user-friendly
  • "The new version of the solution is stable."
  • "The solution is not user-friendly, there is no framework for autocorrelation or parameterization."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for the solution is to test web applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that the solution is open source.

What needs improvement?

There are a lot of areas in this solution that can use improvement. The solution is not user-friendly, there is no framework for autocorrelation or parameterization.

I have been using the solution for a little over one year.

The new version of the solution is stable.

The initial setup is straightforward as long as you do not require an advanced setup, which can be difficult. The basic setup takes only one hour.

The solution is open-source.

What other advice do I have?

I give the solution

The only support available for the solution is online because it is open-source and does not come with technical support.

To anyone that is thinking of using the solution, I suggest you familiarize yourself with regular expression.

Hemant Chaudhari - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Consultant Specialist at HSBC India
It's easy to configure and adjust our virtual users, but we have performance problems with higher loads

What is our primary use case?

We use JMeter for performance testing. Our testing team has 50 to 60 people.

What is most valuable?

JMeter lets us generate virtual users and T-load, per our requirements. It's easy to configure and adjusting the virtual users according to the DPS we want to achieve.

What needs improvement?

It should be easier to combine multiple scripts. If you have multiple scripts, you need to write a new script to combine those scripts. The virtual user generator is slow.

We've been using JMeter for six months.

With an on-premises deployment, we run into some performance problems when we have a high load. It's not that stable if we increase the scripts or the load. But that could be something in our environment.

JMeter is an on-premise solution, so it has limited scalability. We are looking for a cloud-based solution that is scalable and elastic.

What other advice do I have?

I rate JMeter six out of 10.

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
Is widely used and has free plugins and features

What is our primary use case?

We use it to measure the performance of the system and for balancing.

What is most valuable?

We like that Apache JMeter has different features and different plugins and that they are free of charge.

We also like that lots of people use it. So, if we happen to get stuck at some point, then we can search for solutions on Google and find them.

What needs improvement?

Report generation needs to be improved. It is quite difficult to get to.

We've been using Apache JMeter for two years.

It is quite stable.

It is a scalable solution.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate Apache JMeter at nine. I would recommend it for medium-sized businesses.

RABBAHMahmoud - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Technical Architect at RABBAH SOFT
Function testing solution that is straightforward to setup and offers stable performance
  • "The most valuable feature of this solution is being able to launch many requests and scheduling simulating human interactions with the application."
  • "If JMeter could integrate with the EPM solution, it would be great. It could also be improved by offering more integrations for security. For example, most applications are secure with OpenID Connect protocols."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is being able to launch many requests and scheduling simulating human interactions with the application. There are some other plugins for monitoring and collecting data for JMeter but we don't use them.

What needs improvement?

If JMeter could integrate with the EPM solution, it would be great. It could also be improved by offering more integrations for security. For example, most applications are secure with OpenID Connect protocols.

I have been using this solution for more than 10 years.

This is a stable solution.

We previously used Katalon.

The initial setup is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

Download our free Apache JMeter Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: December 2022