We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Information Technology Project Support at a construction company with 501-1,000 employees
Great protection and encryption with very good anti-viral applications
  • "The solution has a great VPN."
  • "The dashboards lack sufficient information."

What is our primary use case?

We have several use cases for SafeGuard, primarily for its security features. We also use it for the VPN and plan filtering. We are customers of Sophos and I'm head of information technology product support.

What is most valuable?

Sophos SafeGuard offers one of the best VPNs I've seen. The solution is very good in terms of securities because all information is protected and encrypted with very good anti-viral applications. It's wonderful.

What needs improvement?

The dashboards currently lack sufficient information. For example, when we want to look for accessibilities we have to go in-depth and then run the scripts and only then access what we're looking for. It could all be available in the reports and save a lot of time. I want to be able to know who is using what, to check visibilities.

I've been using this solution for two years.

The stability is good.

Scalability depends on the parameters. The solution is scalable it's just a question as to what level. It will be different for every situation.

We are happy with the technical support team because they are accessible locally.

The initial setup is straightforward. We had some assistance initially but after we received guidelines from the technical team, it was easy. Anyone can do it with a couple of hours of training.

Licensing is reasonably priced, particularly when you compare it to a solution like Semantic which is more expensive. Sophos is an affordable product.

What other advice do I have?

SafeGuard is good for medium to large size organizations.

I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
Amrendra Roy
System Administrator at GeoEnpro Petroleum Ltd
Good protection, stable, scalable, and the support is helpful
  • "It's the best solution on the market."
  • "It's a good product, but some are not happy with the boot BCN, and the point-to-point VPN requires the best protection."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to protect our devices in a data center environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the protection. It offers many different areas of protection such as trade and virus protection.

It's the best solution on the market.

What needs improvement?

It's a good product, but some are not happy with the boot BCN, and the point-to-point VPN requires the best protection. Better internet protection is required.

We are currently using Sophos XG 210.21 but it expires in August, so we are looking at the Next-Generation Firewall.

We are using the latest version of SafeGuard.

It's a stable solution. We have no issues with stability.

We can expand the product when we have the requirements to do so. For now, we have not explored this area.

We have 150 users in various roles using this solution in our organization.

The technical support is great. They are very good, and helpful.

The initial setup was complex.

It took two months to deploy.

Initially, we started to implement this solution but required some help from support.

Licensing is on a yearly basis and the pricing could be better.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others because it's a very good product.

We are satisfied with SafeGuard and I would rate it a ten out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Sophos SafeGuard. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,322 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Owner at a marketing services firm with 1-10 employees
A reliable firewall for internet security

What is our primary use case?

Sophos SafeGuard is a firewall; we use it for filtering and internet security. Sophos SafeGuard constantly updates, so I am always using the latest version. Within our organization, there are slightly less than 10 Sophos SafeGuard users.

What is most valuable?

Security-wise, it's one of the best. I don't think there is much room for improvement.

What needs improvement?

The integration could be a little better. I use this solution frequently and I can't think of anything I would change.

I have been using Sophos SafeGuard for two years.

Sophos SafeGuard is both scalable and stable.

I don't require…

What is our primary use case?

Sophos SafeGuard is a firewall; we use it for filtering and internet security.

Sophos SafeGuard constantly updates, so I am always using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The integration could be a little better.

I use this solution frequently and I can't think of anything I would change.

I have been using Sophos SafeGuard for two years.

Sophos SafeGuard is both scalable and stable.

I don't require any technical support so I don't have much experience with them.

The installation was very simple, I did it by myself. It only took roughly one hour.