We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Bhavien C Nayak
Chief Financial Officer at a pharma/biotech company with 51-200 employees
Easy to use, works well, and integrates well
  • "I am not an IT person. I am an end-user of this solution, and based on my experience, it is comfortable to work with. Everything is okay, and the data is timely available. It can also be easily integrated."
  • "Their local support can be better. Local support is a challenge in Africa for all IT companies."

What is our primary use case?

This is our database for ERP and all other things.

What is most valuable?

I am not an IT person. I am an end-user of this solution, and based on my experience, it is comfortable to work with. Everything is okay, and the data is timely available. It can also be easily integrated.

What needs improvement?

Their local support can be better. Local support is a challenge in Africa for all IT companies.

I have been using this solution for a couple of years.

We have approximately a hundred users in our organization. We plan to keep using this solution.

Their technical support is good, but there is no local support. Local support is a challenge in Africa for all IT companies.

For deployment, we have three full-time employees and a few consultants.

We have bought a license, and it was a one-time cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Oracle Database a nine out of ten. My experience as an end-user has been good with this solution. I have not used any other product or have knowledge of any other product.

Manager, Special Projects at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Offers good security and supports customization

What is our primary use case?

We have numerous clients using Oracle Database, and they can choose the size of the solution they require. We have around 500 technical staff in our office to assist our clients when they need assistance. We support our customers for both hardware and software. We provide support for any particular Oracle resource they're using.

What is most valuable?

Oracle offers good security and supports customization.

What needs improvement?

Oracle is a costly product, and it requires a lot of resources.

We have been using Oracle Database for about eight years.

Oracle is a stable product.

Oracle technical…

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Oracle offers good security and supports customization.

What needs improvement?

Oracle is a costly product, and it requires a lot of resources.

We have been using Oracle Database for about eight years.

Oracle is a stable product.

Oracle technical support is useful, and we rely on them often.

Oracle is a large implementation, especially in Oracle Enterprise Edition. Oracle provide good support for implementations, however.

Oracle is an expensive product.

Some of our customers ask us to provide a list of features for different products, which we provide, along with a cost analysis, if they wish to look at alternatives, but these can vary. Customers make their own decisions based on the information we provide.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Oracle 8 out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about Oracle Database. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
563,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Lucas Sain
Chief Technology Officer at SYSDE
High performance, reliable, and excellent technical support
  • "The main feature of Oracle Database is its performance."
  • "Oracle could improve by providing better integration with other solutions, such as Angular platforms."

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle Database for the solution we make using Oracle APEX for our clients. Oracle Database can be used in all sectors, we have many clients in the financial sector.

What is most valuable?

The main feature of Oracle Database is its performance.

What needs improvement?

Oracle could improve by providing better integration with other solutions, such as Angular platforms. We have a lot of pressure from our customers to have this type of compatibility, we end up using other solutions that tend to mimic the functionality but it is not natural, expensive, and is difficult to maintain.

We have already seen some tools that they are working on, but they are in an experimental stage and do not look too promising. There is a need for more collaboration moving forward. In the past it was beautiful, now the world is collaborative, and it is hard to have that integration with everybody else.

I have been using Oracle Database for approximately 30 years.

The solution is reliable.

The support from Oracle is very good.

The price of the solution could be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Database an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Irad Dukad
IT Manager at ducart
Stable solution for running ERP software
  • "The solution is very stable."
  • "The solution is not easy to use and maintain."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution to run my ERP software.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not for everyday use. It is not easy to use and maintain. As it is on a Linux server, all its maintenance is outsourced for management as a DBA.

The interface could be more user-friendly.

I have been using Oracle Database for 15 years.

The solution is very stable.

The solution could be more scalable.

I did not use other solutions prior to using Oracle Database.

The initial setup is complex.

It can take up to 48 hours.

We made use of an integrator.

I pay to have the deployment and maintenance outsourced.

There is a need to pay for a license for the solution. This must be done annually.

The license is inexpensive.

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution in an organizational setting. There are between 30 and 40 licenses.

I would not recommend this product to just anyone, only to technical professionals.

I rate Oracle Database as an eight out of ten.

Senior Lead Developer at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Stable, with good real application security and support but the setup needs to be simplified

What is our primary use case?

We are third-party administrators and we use Oracle Database as our main Database.

What is most valuable?

What I like most is the real application security. I have been working with it recently.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup can be simplified.

I have been working with this solution since the beginning, for more than 20 years.

Stability is not a problem. It's more stable than other solutions.

It's a scalable solution. We haven't encountered any problems. We use partitioning and sharding.

Technical support is not a problem. We…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The initial setup can be simplified.

Stability is not a problem. It's more stable than other solutions.

Technical support is not a problem. We receive all of the technical support that we need.

The initial setup is complex.

The installation of Oracle products is not usually as straightforward as dealing with Microsoft products for example.

It's expensive. I would say that it is more expensive than other competing products.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Oracle Database a seven out of ten.

Sr. Professional Security Compliance at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Endless capacity and a stable platform; licensing formulation is unfortunately complicated

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as a customer database for our client so all customer information is available through this product. I'm a senior professional security compliance officer and we are partners with Oracle.

What is most valuable?

I like that the solution has an endless capacity, there are no limitations and it's a stable platform.

What needs improvement?

The licensing formulation could be improved; it's too complicated and very rigid.

I've been using this solution for a very long time.

It's a stable solution but there are bugs which I think is related to standards compliance. There are limitations in monitoring.

How are customer service and

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for a very long time.

Technical support is somewhat limited.

The initial setup was complex. Compared to the implementation of Microsoft SQL, we needed skilled people to manage Oracle. Implementation took some weeks.

What other advice do I have?

I think this is a good solution because it's easy to administer and manage but it requires the right skilled people. It's not ideal for our requirements but it's improving, whether it's encryption or security, I know they'll get there eventually.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Engineer consultant at a legal firm with 51-200 employees
High performance, reliable, and good support

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for database management.

What is most valuable?

I have found the most valuable feature to be the performance. We have a large database in my company and there is not likely a solution that has the performance we need.

What needs improvement?

Oracle Database could improve by providing access and integration with containers.

I have been using this solution for approximately 20 years.

The stability of this solution is good.

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for database management.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for approximately 20 years.

The stability of this solution is good.

Oracle does not support standard containers and this is a limitation when it comes to scalability. You can not make a partition in the database. However, there might be a separate product to enable this feature.

We have approximately 10,000 users using this solution and this does not include the internet users that use our database every day.

The technical support has been good.

The price of the solution could improve.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle is the best database solution in the world. I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Oracle Database a nine out of ten.

Director Of Sales Marketing at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Powerful functionality, performs well and highly scalable

What is our primary use case?

Oracle Database's main function is to store data.

What is most valuable?

The thing two things that I like most about Oracle Database are its scalability and performance.

I have used Oracle Database for four years. I'm Oracle certified.

Oracle Database is highly scalable. We have about 1,500 end-users overall.

In most cases, technical support is provided by Oracle.

What is our primary use case?

Oracle Database's main function is to store data.

What is most valuable?

I have used Oracle Database for four years. I'm Oracle certified.

Oracle Database is highly scalable. We have about 1,500 end-users overall.

In most cases, technical support is provided by Oracle.

Installation is straightforward. Total deployment takes three or four days. In most cases, you need help from an Oracle engineer to deploy. In terms of scalability and duplication, Oracle Database can be tricky, so you'll need an Oracle engineer most of the time. At our company, most of the employees have the necessary experience to maintain and operate Oracle Database.

Frankly speaking, Oracle Database is very expensive. But it offers a lot of value for the money in terms of scalability, performance, and powerful functionality. We have a yearly subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Database 10 out of 10. It's an excellent product. I would definitely recommend Oracle Database to others.