We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Celestine
Director intelligent automation at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Has the ability to train itself and is stable but needs improvement in handwritten data extraction
  • "The ability to train itself is a good, valuable feature. It is one of the most stable RPA products at present. Installation is easy for IQ Bot, and they provide good technical support."
  • "IQ Bot needs to scale up further because many other industry products that are capable of capturing handwritten information are doing much better. So, it would be better if IQ Bot spent more time on handwritten data extraction."

What is our primary use case?

We used it with a construction company that was doing manual time sheet entries that had to be given to HR by the end of the day. They would then translate the time sheet data into digital data to process payroll, attendance, and so on. So, we were tasked to get that particular time sheet and then use the IQ Bot solution to automate extraction of data and further processes.

What is most valuable?

Installation is easy for IQ Bot, and they provide good technical support.

I'm also happy with the pricing.

What needs improvement?

IQ Bot needs to scale up further because many other industry products that are capable of capturing handwritten information are doing much better. So, it would be better if IQ Bot spent more time on handwritten data extraction.

Some of the features that are currently existing could certainly be enhanced. The ability to define the coordinates on the screen, on the documents that are being scanned, was a little less when we did the proof of concept. These kinds of features could be enhanced a little more. It looks a little rigid at this point in time, but it could be improved.

I've been using it during the last 12 months.

This is the most stable RPA product at the moment.

Automation Anywhere's technical support has been very good.

Implementation of IQ Bot was easy.

The licensing is on a yearly basis, and I am happy with the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

Compared to UiPath or Blue Prism, IQ Bot is the most stable RPA product at the moment. Automation Anywhere has come a long way.

If someone is straight away looking at IQ Bot as a potential solution, I would suggest that they do a proof of concept and see their ability to scale their particular process. Each and every process, business process, they bring will be different. So, it's good to start with the proof of concept and then scale according to the need.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate IQ Bot at seven.

PavanKumar3
Sr. Software Engineer at Saggezza
Good cognitive ability, a nice user interface, and can be used by people with a non-technical background
  • "The most valuable feature is the cognitive ability, as it will learn an interface that it is not familiar with and perform in the way that a human does."
  • "The price of IQ Bot, packaged with Automation Anywhere, is too expensive for some companies and they will not use it."

What is our primary use case?

We use IQ Bot to improve the OCR capabilities in our automation.

What is most valuable?

I really like the user interface.

What needs improvement?

The price of IQ Bot, packaged with Automation Anywhere, is too expensive for some companies and they will not use it. The price should be lowered.

I have been using IQ Bot for about a month, although my experience with Automation Anywhere itself is for more than three and a half years.

IQ Bot is a stable part of the platform.

Management comes into the picture when it comes to scalability. If there are bots available then we are able to scale up and down without affecting our performance.

I have been in contact with technical support and I am satisfied with it.

They have helped us with problems in the past. They respond quickly, and in all of the cases, our problems have been resolved in a maximum of 24 hours.

I have tried other options but there were problems with the OCR that caused me to try IQ Bot. We were having trouble reading invoices from the OCR image data.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. Even deploying all of the bots to the sites, if the person is technical then it is pretty simple and straightforward.

We are using the Community Edition of Automation Anywhere that includes IQ Bot.

The package that includes Automation Anywhere and IQ Bot starts at $10,000 USD.

What other advice do I have?

IQ Bot technology is good and it is a solution that I can recommend for a conventional user. When it comes to people who are from a non-programming background, I think that IQ Bot is fine. There are solutions that require people having programming skills, especially in .NET, which makes developing and managing the bots easy. This is not the case with Automation Anywhere.

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about IQ Bot. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,729 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Sr. Solution Consultant at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Stable and scalable, but migrating between versions is a little tricky.
  • "Whenever we want to create something from the previous documents or images, the OCR feature enables us to do that job easily."
  • "Migrating from the previous version to the current version is a little tricky."

What is most valuable?

The Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capability is one feature I would like to highlight. Whenever we want to create something from the previous documents or images, the OCR feature enables us to do that job easily.

What needs improvement?

Migrating from the previous version to the current version is a little tricky. We could not find proper documentation or guidelines to help us migrate the bots from the previous version, version 11.3, to the newer version A2019.

As this kind of documentation is lacking, whoever wants to migrate from the previous version to the newer version will face some difficulties. That's one thing they can improve on as it'll be helpful for the users.

I have been using IQ Bot for almost one year.

IQ Bot is a stable solution. We didn't face any difficulty in terms of implementation or in terms of running the bot.

IQ Bot is scalable. As we're running it on a cloud, we can achieve whatever volume we want in a matter of minutes.

IQ Bot was quite easy to set up because we had some knowledge using the previous version. The maximum time it'll take for the initial setup is about four hours.

We are the preferred implementation partner for Automation Anywhere. We have a good dedicated account manager. Whenever there are problems, it's solved within one to three days.

There are others like Automation Anywhere offering similar kinds of bots for less. Most of the platforms are the same, and most of the features are the same, but not the licensing cost. That is an area they can rethink and reduce the licensing cost to help most users.

What other advice do I have?

If there were a couple more free features on the platform, it would help users understand it by implementing them before paying for a commercial one.

Because of the higher licensing cost and lack of proper documentation, I would give IQ Bot a seven on a scale from one to ten.

Hector GARZA
Chief Technology Officer at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Easily scalable, very stable, and easy to set up
  • "The way that the learning combines with the OCR is the solution's most valuable aspect."
  • "It would be helpful if the solution was better at reading handwriting. It needs better handwriting recognition."

What is our primary use case?

Our clients use the solution to automate back-office processes such as credit requirements. They also may use it to review contracts and to process invoices.

What is most valuable?

The way that the learning combines with the OCR is the solution's most valuable aspect.

What needs improvement?

If they could improve the usability to train the models that process the farms, that would be helpful for our clients.

I've been using the solution for one year.

The solution is very stable. It works very well. We haven't had issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash. It's reliable.

We've never had issues with scalability. It's been quite good. If a company needs to expand it it should be able to do so without too many issues.

Typically we sell the solution to large and medium-sized organizations.

The technical support has been pretty good. We'd rate it nine out of ten. If they were a bit faster in their response, I'd give them perfect marks. However, that said, we're pretty satisfied with the level of service we're given.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not complex at all,

The installation is very quick due to the fact that it is a cloud solution. It takes one day to get ready. However, to finalize everything takes on average ten days.

What other advice do I have?

We're resellers. We offer this solution to many of our clients.

I would advise that new users try to get all kinds of forms from the beginning of the deployment. It will make things easier down the road.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. We've been pretty happy with the solution overall.

Private Cloud
Software Engineer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Has the capability to identify changes and remap its settings accordingly
  • "IQ Bot has the capability to identify changes and remap its settings accordingly. It also has the ability to learn."
  • "API configurations through control room could be improved a bit."

What is our primary use case?

IQ Bot has the capability to identify changes, for example, in an invoice set up in a particular format, and remap its settings to reflect the changes. Also, it has the ability to learn by itself.

What is most valuable?

I like that it has all the AI capabilities. For example, if we have an invoice in a particular format, but then on the next day the format, for instance, the location of the invoice number, has changed, IQ Bot has the capability to identify those changes and remap its settings accordingly. It also has the ability to learn.

What needs improvement?

API configurations through control room could be improved a bit.

If Automation Anywhere can be provided at a lower cost, it would be more beneficial.

Technical support could be improved.

Also, IQ Bot could increase the handwritten document reading ability.

I've been using IQ Bot for more than two years.

IQ Bot is a stable solution.

Technical support was very convenient previously, about one and half years ago, but now, it is not as good. Even the support persons that we contact can't give us a solution.

The initial setup is a bit complex; it's not like setting up client.

The cost can be high.

What other advice do I have?

I rate IQ Bot at eight on a scale from one to ten.  I reduced it by two points because of the cost and because the handwritten reading feature could be improved.

I would recommend IQ Bot as long as the client is able to afford the cost. The advice I would give would be that there are some databases in which this feature could be utilized very efficiently using conditional queries and regex. So, it would just be a matter of the client exploring the tool and working with the tool thoroughly.

Syed Mohsin Iftikhar
Senior Software Engineer at Systems Limited
Self-learning capability facilitates working with undefined templates, but a community version should be available
  • "The most valuable feature is the cognitive, self-learning component that understands the undefined templates."
  • "It would be helpful if the IQ Bot OCR could be integrated with third-party solutions like FlexiCapture."

What is our primary use case?

I am a developer and I have used IQ Bot for one project. It is used for automation.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

A community version of IQ Bot should be released so that more developers can gain experience with using it.

I have been working with IQ Bot for between two and three months.

Talking about stability, I would rate it a seven out of ten.

It is a scalable solution.

I have not yet been in contact with technical support.

I have about one year of experience with UI Path but I have not worked on any products that are comparable to IQ Bot.

What other advice do I have?

At this point, IQ Bot has only been running for a couple of months. In time, I will have a better understanding of the product, including its advantages and disadvantages.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

RPA Developer at a performing arts with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use extraction tool but scrips can only be written in Python

What is our primary use case?

We use it as an extraction tool.

What is most valuable?

It's quite easy to use, you just have to map the filter to keep it going.

What needs improvement?

The log scripts can only be written in Python, there is no compatible language. The cloud version is not good and the fees are expensive. The Auto Logic creation is available as a plug-and-play model, and this should be available in IQ Bot.

I have been working with IQ Bot for eight months.

Other than being on a cloud network, it's fine, it's stable.

It's scalable, we use it for most of our use case. We have no issues with it. We have less…

What is our primary use case?

We use it as an extraction tool.

What is most valuable?

It's quite easy to use, you just have to map the filter to keep it going.

What needs improvement?

The log scripts can only be written in Python, there is no compatible language.

The cloud version is not good and the fees are expensive.

I have been working with IQ Bot for eight months.

Other than being on a cloud network, it's fine, it's stable.

It's scalable, we use it for most of our use case. We have no issues with it.

We have less than five users in our company.

Based on the use cases, we may have plans to increase our usage.

They provide technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It took less than a week to deploy.

It's expensive.

What other advice do I have?

IQ Bot is a part of Automation Anywhere.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud