Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Senior TAP Manager MXD at a outsourcing company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use, stable, and helps to rapidly develop automation to help reduce manual tasks
  • "The most valuable features are rapid development, stability, and ease of use."
  • "The quality of the service needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We have a group of customers that provide services for contact centers, and those customers have their own systems. Frequently, we can find opportunities for automation so we execute the analysis to search for what kinds of solutions we can deploy. After the development, we charge

We use it with Automation Anywhere version 11.

How has it helped my organization?

By using this solution, we have been able to reduce the manual tasks that are performed by our telephone operators.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are rapid development, stability, and ease of use.

This is a very useful product and the intelligence is powerful.

What needs improvement?

The quality of the service needs to be improved.

Having a complete cloud version, as a SaaS, would be quite nice.

IQ Bot
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about IQ Bot. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This product is absolutely scalable. We probably have 100 users.

According to the demand, we expect that our usage will grow, although it is difficult to say by how much at this point.

We have been in touch with technical support through online means, and we also have a partner that assists us with technical issues.

I used to work with Automate from HelpSystems, as well as Softomotive.

The initial setup is relatively easy. The deployment took about one month.

The functionality is centralized around a control room, in on-premises infrastructure.

We have an internal group of developers who deployed it.

There are more affordable solutions than this. For example, with UiPath, you can download the software, install it, and start working with it. You don't have to pay for anything until you want to connect to the centralized servers. It is very nice.

We may look at other options in the future, such as UiPath and Blue Prism.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this product is that it's quite important to well-define what the problem is, in order to have an efficient development cycle.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using IQ Bot is that it's important to carefully consider the scope of the project in order to avoid any pitfalls. You don't want to try automating things that are not viable, or not suitable for automation.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Amar S - PeerSpot reviewer
Automation Project Manager at a performing arts with 10,001+ employees
Feature-rich, deals well with unstructured data, and the support is good
  • "Our mainframe-based and web-based projects are working well, with no issues."
  • "One of the challenges that we faced was that the Automation Anywhere log files were being created and not cleaned up, which would eventually kill the bot."

What is our primary use case?

My team uses IQ Bot primarily for unstructured data. Some of the use cases are related to capturing imagine-related data.

What is most valuable?

Our mainframe-based and web-based projects are working well, with no issues.

What needs improvement?

In one of the applications we were working on, we found challenges. Automation Anywhere enterprise 11 has troubles interacting with a Pega product that we are using. Consequently, there were projects that we were not able to complete.

One of the challenges that we faced was that the Automation Anywhere log files were being created and not cleaned up, which would eventually kill the bot. We began a practice where we cleaned out the log files on a daily basis, which improved the bot.

Automation Anywhere does not have support for all legacy systems. In the insurance industry, they mostly work with legacy systems and will not move to future technologies very soon because of the security measures, cost constraints, and other reasons. In these cases, we do not see improvements in terms of efficiency.

For all of the projects that we have worked on so far, it is stable apart from slight challenges.

There are only a few people in the company who use IQ Bot.

Technical support is good, although there were not able to solve the problem that we had with the Pega application. Whenever there is an issue brought to them, they will call, discuss the details, and make suggestions for resolution.

We have only used Automation Anywhere product systems, as the choices are entirely client-driven.

The deployment was easy for us but the control room is taken care of by the client. We need to approach them when we need to make changes. For example, they will move the code from client to server. We don't do that, as we have very limited access to the control room.

I feel that the price of IQ Bot could be lower. The licensing fees are paid on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and most of the features we require are included. Our only challenge was with the Pega application, and Automation Anywhere should interact better with it. More generally, it should interact better with hybrid applications.

IQ Bot
September 2022
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Raul Cabezas - PeerSpot reviewer
RPA Architect at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
Provides deployment flexibility and is easy to use, but needs to simplify some of the functionalities
  • "The flexibility to deploy based on the different types is the most valuable. We can deploy pieces of the program directly over the fields. We can also directly connect with databases. We can modify it and make different connections with the database. We are also able to programmably modify the fields and change the presentation and values or evaluate a list of values. We can change the values on the fly. It is very flexible and very easy to use and learn. It is also very simple."
  • "The way this solution creates invoices can be improved. It is slow. Sometimes, it is also very complicated because you need to apply some kind of filters and effects over the images, which makes it a little bit complicated. They can reduce the complexity to manage the fields or incorporate other features. They can provide an easy way for developers to customize and program fields. The accuracy of the OCR engine can be improved. It would be great if they can also provide an ICR engine and an option to choose between OCR or ICR."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use it for invoicing and other similar things. We use it to extract the data in different kinds of forms.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility to deploy based on the different types is the most valuable. We can deploy pieces of the program directly over the fields. We can also directly connect with databases. We can modify it and make different connections with the database.

We are also able to programmably modify the fields and change the presentation and values or evaluate a list of values. We can change the values on the fly.

It is very flexible and very easy to use and learn. It is also very simple.

What needs improvement?

The way this solution creates invoices can be improved. It is slow. Sometimes, it is also very complicated because you need to apply some kind of filters and effects over the images, which makes it a little bit complicated. They can reduce the complexity to manage the fields or incorporate other features. They can provide an easy way for developers to customize and program fields.

The accuracy of the OCR engine can be improved. It would be great if they can also provide an ICR engine and an option to choose between OCR or ICR.

I have been using IQ Bot for a couple of years.

It has good stability.

It is very scalable. In terms of scalability, it is very competitive against Datacap, and it is very close to Datacap. These are the leaders in this field.

I didn't get a chance to interact directly with their technical support. I use our internal support. I need to go through our technical team, and they provide level-one support. If they can't resolve our questions, they directly interact with their technical support.

The initial setup is very simple and straightforward. Deployment of 25 types of forms with an average of two or three variations probably takes around three weeks.

It has an average cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It has been very flexible for us, and it is helping us to reach our goals at the moment.

I would rate IQ Bot a seven out of ten.

Celestine - PeerSpot reviewer
Director intelligent automation at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Has the ability to train itself and is stable but needs improvement in handwritten data extraction
  • "The ability to train itself is a good, valuable feature. It is one of the most stable RPA products at present. Installation is easy for IQ Bot, and they provide good technical support."
  • "IQ Bot needs to scale up further because many other industry products that are capable of capturing handwritten information are doing much better. So, it would be better if IQ Bot spent more time on handwritten data extraction."

What is our primary use case?

We used it with a construction company that was doing manual time sheet entries that had to be given to HR by the end of the day. They would then translate the time sheet data into digital data to process payroll, attendance, and so on. So, we were tasked to get that particular time sheet and then use the IQ Bot solution to automate extraction of data and further processes.

What is most valuable?

Installation is easy for IQ Bot, and they provide good technical support.

I'm also happy with the pricing.

What needs improvement?

IQ Bot needs to scale up further because many other industry products that are capable of capturing handwritten information are doing much better. So, it would be better if IQ Bot spent more time on handwritten data extraction.

Some of the features that are currently existing could certainly be enhanced. The ability to define the coordinates on the screen, on the documents that are being scanned, was a little less when we did the proof of concept. These kinds of features could be enhanced a little more. It looks a little rigid at this point in time, but it could be improved.

I've been using it during the last 12 months.

This is the most stable RPA product at the moment.

Automation Anywhere's technical support has been very good.

Implementation of IQ Bot was easy.

The licensing is on a yearly basis, and I am happy with the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

Compared to UiPath or Blue Prism, IQ Bot is the most stable RPA product at the moment. Automation Anywhere has come a long way.

If someone is straight away looking at IQ Bot as a potential solution, I would suggest that they do a proof of concept and see their ability to scale their particular process. Each and every process, business process, they bring will be different. So, it's good to start with the proof of concept and then scale according to the need.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate IQ Bot at seven.

Sr. Solution Consultant at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Stable and scalable, but migrating between versions is a little tricky.
  • "Whenever we want to create something from the previous documents or images, the OCR feature enables us to do that job easily."
  • "Migrating from the previous version to the current version is a little tricky."

What is most valuable?

The Optical Character Recognition (OCR) capability is one feature I would like to highlight. Whenever we want to create something from the previous documents or images, the OCR feature enables us to do that job easily.

What needs improvement?

Migrating from the previous version to the current version is a little tricky. We could not find proper documentation or guidelines to help us migrate the bots from the previous version, version 11.3, to the newer version A2019.

As this kind of documentation is lacking, whoever wants to migrate from the previous version to the newer version will face some difficulties. That's one thing they can improve on as it'll be helpful for the users.

I have been using IQ Bot for almost one year.

IQ Bot is a stable solution. We didn't face any difficulty in terms of implementation or in terms of running the bot.

IQ Bot is scalable. As we're running it on a cloud, we can achieve whatever volume we want in a matter of minutes.

IQ Bot was quite easy to set up because we had some knowledge using the previous version. The maximum time it'll take for the initial setup is about four hours.

We are the preferred implementation partner for Automation Anywhere. We have a good dedicated account manager. Whenever there are problems, it's solved within one to three days.

There are others like Automation Anywhere offering similar kinds of bots for less. Most of the platforms are the same, and most of the features are the same, but not the licensing cost. That is an area they can rethink and reduce the licensing cost to help most users.

What other advice do I have?

If there were a couple more free features on the platform, it would help users understand it by implementing them before paying for a commercial one.

Because of the higher licensing cost and lack of proper documentation, I would give IQ Bot a seven on a scale from one to ten.

Hector GARZA - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Technology Officer at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Easily scalable, very stable, and easy to set up
  • "The way that the learning combines with the OCR is the solution's most valuable aspect."
  • "It would be helpful if the solution was better at reading handwriting. It needs better handwriting recognition."

What is our primary use case?

Our clients use the solution to automate back-office processes such as credit requirements. They also may use it to review contracts and to process invoices.

What is most valuable?

The way that the learning combines with the OCR is the solution's most valuable aspect.

What needs improvement?

If they could improve the usability to train the models that process the farms, that would be helpful for our clients.

I've been using the solution for one year.

The solution is very stable. It works very well. We haven't had issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash. It's reliable.

We've never had issues with scalability. It's been quite good. If a company needs to expand it it should be able to do so without too many issues.

Typically we sell the solution to large and medium-sized organizations.

The technical support has been pretty good. We'd rate it nine out of ten. If they were a bit faster in their response, I'd give them perfect marks. However, that said, we're pretty satisfied with the level of service we're given.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not complex at all,

The installation is very quick due to the fact that it is a cloud solution. It takes one day to get ready. However, to finalize everything takes on average ten days.

What other advice do I have?

We're resellers. We offer this solution to many of our clients.

I would advise that new users try to get all kinds of forms from the beginning of the deployment. It will make things easier down the road.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. We've been pretty happy with the solution overall.

Software Engineer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Has the capability to identify changes and remap its settings accordingly
  • "IQ Bot has the capability to identify changes and remap its settings accordingly. It also has the ability to learn."
  • "API configurations through control room could be improved a bit."

What is our primary use case?

IQ Bot has the capability to identify changes, for example, in an invoice set up in a particular format, and remap its settings to reflect the changes. Also, it has the ability to learn by itself.

What is most valuable?

I like that it has all the AI capabilities. For example, if we have an invoice in a particular format, but then on the next day the format, for instance, the location of the invoice number, has changed, IQ Bot has the capability to identify those changes and remap its settings accordingly. It also has the ability to learn.

What needs improvement?

API configurations through control room could be improved a bit.

If Automation Anywhere can be provided at a lower cost, it would be more beneficial.

Technical support could be improved.

Also, IQ Bot could increase the handwritten document reading ability.

I've been using IQ Bot for more than two years.

IQ Bot is a stable solution.

Technical support was very convenient previously, about one and half years ago, but now, it is not as good. Even the support persons that we contact can't give us a solution.

The initial setup is a bit complex; it's not like setting up client.

The cost can be high.

What other advice do I have?

I rate IQ Bot at eight on a scale from one to ten.  I reduced it by two points because of the cost and because the handwritten reading feature could be improved.

I would recommend IQ Bot as long as the client is able to afford the cost. The advice I would give would be that there are some databases in which this feature could be utilized very efficiently using conditional queries and regex. So, it would just be a matter of the client exploring the tool and working with the tool thoroughly.

Fernando  Alfaro - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager Advisory Services at Ernst & Young
Highly stable, useful Discovery Bots, and scalable
  • "The most valuable feature of IQ Bot is the Discovery Bots. They can detect and analyze for improvements."
  • "IQ Bot could improve the documentation."

What is our primary use case?

I am using IQ Bot for image recognition, Excel, and SAP.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of IQ Bot is the Discovery Bots. They can detect and analyze for improvements.

What needs improvement?

IQ Bot could improve the documentation.

I have been using IQ Bot for approximately five years.

The newest version of IQ Bot is very stable.

IQ Bot is scalable.

The technical support I have received from IQ Bot has been of average quality.

I rate the support from IQ Bot a three out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The installation of IQ Bot sometimes is really difficult. For example, making complex architecture can be complex. Additionally, migrations are very complex. Migrating from version 11 to A360 is difficult. They have been working on it, but there is too little documentation.

The number of maintenance people needed depends on the size of many factors. For one deployment I have 10 specialists for maintenance and in another location, I only need one.

We have seen a return on investment in less than a year using IQ Bot. In approximately one year is where most of the projects started receiving a return on investment. Sometimes earlier, but the average is going to be a year.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is to get in touch with Automation Anywhere in order to understand, or to a partner that's understanding very well how to deliver architectures in order to have the better installation that they need. Sometimes clients that bought a lot of licenses that they don't need.

I rate IQ Bot a nine out of ten.

IQ Bot is useful. Once you understand it, it's pretty useful to manipulate. It helps us a lot to enhance everything.