Abdulla Pathan - PeerSpot reviewer
Technology Competency and Solution Head at LearningMate
Good price, stable, scalable, and allows us to work offline
  • "It is stable and scalable."
  • "Its security should be better from the data security point of view. It should be more secure, and it should get tightly integrated with products such as Google Docs and Google Sheets. Microsoft covers different kinds of tools such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Google Cloud Storage mainly for our document management. We have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is stable and scalable.

What needs improvement?

Its security should be better from the data security point of view. It should be more secure, and it should get tightly integrated with products such as Google Docs and Google Sheets. Microsoft covers different kinds of tools such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.

It is scalable. You can scale based on your users. We have more than a thousand users, and it allows me to share across my team.

Google Cloud Storage
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Google Cloud Storage. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We don't need any support.

We tried using other tools from AWS and Microsoft. We have a very limited number of users on Microsoft Azure. Office 365 is only for the senior leadership.

Being a cloud solution, it doesn't require installation. I can also use it offline. To use it offline, I need to install an app on my machine that allows me to work offline and gets synced without my server.

It is completely cloud-managed. We don't need a separate team to maintain it. We only have our regular IT team that creates the users, and they automatically get signed up to Google Storage.

Its price is fine.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. We plan to keep using this solution.

I would rate Google Cloud Storage a nine out of ten.

Google
Karoly Krokovay - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at Informula Ltd
Simple to install, has no special requirements, and works well
  • "We are satisfied with the parameters of Google Cloud Storage."
  • "The licensing fees could be reduced."

What is our primary use case?

It's not for my personal use, but we use Google Cloud Storage for a special product for banks that offers it as a service as well.

What is most valuable?

The performance is good.

We are satisfied with the parameters of Google Cloud Storage.

What needs improvement?

The licensing fees could be reduced.

I have been working with Google Cloud Storage for four or five years.

Because it is a cloud solution, we are always working with the most recent version.

We are satisfied with the stability of Google Cloud Storage.

Google Cloud Storage is scalable, but we don't need a large number of users. We use it for four or five users, so it's not a large product.

We don't have plans to increase our usage.

I have not contacted technical support. I have not experienced any issues.

Previously, we worked with Azure.

I believe we switched the database. We used Azure's cloud before, which is very simple to use. I'm referring to Azure. But then we switched to a different database, and that's when we started using, Google Cloud Storage.

The initial setup is straightforward. There are no specific requirements.

Licensing fees could be better.

We pay a monthly subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for anyone who is interested in using it.

I would rate Google Cloud Storage an eight out of ten.

Google Cloud Storage
November 2022
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Muljo Witono - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO and Owner at PT Solusindo Total Teknikatama
Useful shared folder, reliable, and straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

I'm using Google Cloud Storage for my photo, work files, documents, and a lot of PDFs.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Google Cloud Storage is the shared folder.

What needs improvement?

Google Cloud Storage could improve by having better integration with Microsoft Office files. When I open a Google document I would like it to be able to be opened with Microsoft. You can already open Google documents in Microsoft Office.

I have used Google Cloud Storage for approximately 10 years.

Google Cloud Storage is stable. I have not seen any downtime and the cloud has been integrated with my local storage. Google has the feature for local implementation.

The scalability is good in Google Cloud Storage. I only need to purchase more storage if I want to expand.

I am using this solution for my office and we have a total of eight people using the solution. We plan to increase our usage in the future.

I have not contacted the support from Google Cloud Storage. However, it would be helpful if Google Cloud Storage had a quick support option when things might not be working correctly. For example, in the past, we have had issues with
synchronization. However, this problem has now been fixed.

The initial setup of Google Cloud Storage is straightforward.

We do not have to pay for a license for Google Cloud Storage but there is a subscription that needs to be paid.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Google Cloud Storage an eight out of ten.

General Manager at a retailer with 201-500 employees
Easy to install, user-friendly, scalable, and stable object storage solution, with customer-friendly support
  • "Easy to use object storage solution that's scalable and stable. Its technical support team is customer-friendly."
  • "The security of this solution and its performance could still be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We've been keeping documents in Google Cloud Storage. It's also where we keep photos and all our marketing files, e.g. posters, leaflets, etc. We're keeping everything on this solution.

What needs improvement?

From what I hear, Microsoft OneDrive is much better than this solution. The performance of Google Cloud Storage could still be improved. It could have better security.

I've been using Google Cloud Storage for three years.

Google Cloud Storage is a very stable solution.

Google Cloud Storage is scalable.

The technical support team for this solution is customer-friendly.

Installing Google Cloud Storage was very easy. It was something I could do myself.

This solution was implemented in-house.

What other advice do I have?

We have 75 users working with Google Cloud Storage in our company. We have no plans of increasing usage currently.

This solution is very easy to use. We have only one IT guy who's responsible for running all the projects.

I'm recommending this solution to others who want to start using it.

We pay for the Google Cloud Storage license, but I have no idea whether it's yearly or monthly, because it's the company who takes care of it.

I'm rating Google Cloud Storage a nine out of ten.

Google
Program Administrator at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Effective background operation, free to use, and stable
  • "The solution operates in the background and it is attached to my Gmail account. When I download files to my phone, such as pictures, they automatically go to Google Cloud Storage."

What is our primary use case?

Whenever we take pictures on the mobile, it sends the file to Google Cloud Storage since it's linked to the Gmail account.

What is most valuable?

I have been able to retrieve files I have stored on Google Cloud Storage from ten years ago.

I have been using Google Cloud Storage for approximately two years.

The solution is stable.

If you are using Android and a Gmail account Google Cloud Storage is used by default. Many people are using this service and might not know.

I have not had an issue contacting support.

The solution is free unless you want to increase the GB data allowance. There is a cost if you want to increase the size of storage space which is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

When I use the solution I do not check it to see if it is backing up my information. However, I have retrieved files from it from years ago.

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Google Cloud Storage a nine out of ten.

Principal Quality Engineer at Citrix
    Has the ability to sync storage with family members, is easy to use and fast
    • "Google Cloud Storage is easy to use, and it's free. I also enjoy the speed I am able to share with family across the globe. The storage is synced."
    • "My use case of this solution is fairly minimal. However, I am concerned about privacy on a cloud platform. Many people are not migrating to a cloud service because they are still concerned about putting data in cloud-based storage."

What is our primary use case?

I personally use Google Cloud Storage as a way to share pictures with family. There are approximately four family members that are using the solution.

What needs improvement?

I have using Google Cloud storage for one year.

The storage of Google Cloud is stable, and it is synced across the globe. It is easy to download from Google Cloud. Even my brother who is in the US is able to download from it.

Prior to using Google Cloud I was using Yahoo.

The initial setup of Google Cloud Storage is seamless and fast. I installed it myself with in a minute.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to anyone looking to use it. I would rate the product a nine out of ten.

Wafaa Salah - PeerSpot reviewer
    Associate professor in accounting at The British University in Egypt
    Highly stable, scalable, and easy file sharing
    • "The most valuable features of Google Cloud Storage are the ease of use and I can share files with my colleagues."
    • "Google Cloud Storage could improve by increasing the storage from 15 GB. If I want to have more storage I need to pay extra money."

What is our primary use case?

I use Google Cloud Storage for a lot of purposes, such as email, storage, sharing documents, sharing documents between colleagues, and Google Meet.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Google Cloud Storage are the ease of use and I can share files with my colleagues.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Google Cloud Storage for a long time.

Google Cloud Storage is highly stable.

The scalability of Google Cloud Storage is good.

I have approximately 90 colleagues that are using this solution at our university.

I have not used the technical support from Google Cloud Storage.

I have previously used I use Microsoft OneDrive, but I prefer Google Cloud Storage. Google Cloud Storage is much quicker and easier to use than Microsoft OneDrive.

There is a license needed to use Google Cloud Storage at our university.

What other advice do I have?

Google Cloud Storage provides me with 15 GB of storage.

I rate Google Cloud Storage a ten out of ten.

Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Provides limited storage for free

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is to meet my personal storage needs. I don't use it much because, for free, it provides a limited amount of storage.

What is most valuable?

I have more than enough personal storage and have had no security issues.

What needs improvement?

This solution could be improved by increasing integration with other tools, like Microsoft.

I have been using Google Cloud Storage since it first became available to users.

Google Cloud is stable.

I'm not aware of any scalability challenges because I'm using the private version.

I have never contacted Google's technical support.

I also use OneDrive from Microsoft.

Since this is a cloud-based solution, there is no installation.

I implemented myself.

It provides a very limited amount of storage because it's free.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Google Cloud a nine out of ten. I would recommend this because I have more than enough personal storage and there are no security issues that I'm aware of.

Download our free Google Cloud Storage Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022