IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Ferrianto Suryanto - PeerSpot reviewer
Director Of Technology at PT Exa Teknologi Indonesia
A stable solution with good technical support that is user-friendly and easy to set up
  • "The solution is user-friendly and easy to set up."
  • "As most people are aware, the implementation is not easy."

What is most valuable?

The solution is user-friendly and easy to set up.

What needs improvement?

There should be some some simple case settings offered, as well as documentation and video.  As most people are aware, the implementation is not easy.

We implemented Barracuda Web Application Firewall around four years ago.

The product is stable. We have encountered no issues in this regard.
Barracuda Web Application Firewall
July 2022
Learn what your peers think about Barracuda Web Application Firewall. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
610,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The technical support is quite good.

We have primarily been working with Barracuda Web Application Firewall, as we have not yet done much testing of other products.

It is not easy to implement the solution, although its duration varies with the number of applications that one wishes to deploy. We are talking about a maximum of one hour for a basic configuration.

The price is reasonable, more so than other products.

What other advice do I have?

The solution looks good to me. We find that its features provide us with solutions for practically all our needs.  Our customers run the gamut from small, medium to enterprise.  I rate Barracuda Web Application Firewall as an eight or nine out of ten.
Manjil Bhetwal - PeerSpot reviewer
Presales Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Optimized performance, user-friendly environment, responsive technical support

What is our primary use case?

Our clients are using the solution for internal banking software and website protection.

What is most valuable?

Barracuda Web Application Firewall provides optimized performance, a user-friendly environment, helpful dashboards, and is simple to use.

I have been using this solution for approximately three years.

The solution has been stable in our experience.

We have four clients using the solution.

The technical support is very good. They were responsive and provide one of the best support in the market. They will assist you with any issues you might be facing.

The installation was straightforward.

The price of the solution is a little expensive. There is a license for this solution and it can be purchased every one, two, or five years.

I have evaluated other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Barracuda Web Application Firewall an eight out of ten.

Barracuda Web Application Firewall
July 2022
610,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Cloud Security Architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Scalable, straightforward installation, but lacking stability

What is our primary use case?

We are using the Barracuda Web Application Firewall for website content and front-end web application protection.

I have been using Barracuda Web Application Firewall for a few years.

I have found F5 more stable than Barracuda Web Application Firewall. They should improve the stability.

Barracuda Web Application Firewall has been scalable in my experience.

I have used similar solutions to Barracuda Web Application Firewall, such as F5 and there are not any major differences between them.

The installation is straightforward.

We need a minimum of three to four people to do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Barracuda Web Application Firewall a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Maged Magdy - PeerSpot reviewer
Security Consultant at Global Solutions
Great probabilities recommendations, great features, and great support

What is our primary use case?

We use it for website and web service protection.

What is most valuable?

Its recommendation about the probabilities on the website is great. It also has free probability managers for the website, which is really helpful.

The protection engine, signature-based protection behavior, and analysis features are also great. It also has an ATP module for sandbox scanning and behavior analysis for file uploads.

What needs improvement?

Its interface can be better. It is not very friendly.

I have been working with this solution for three years.

They provide great support with a fast response.

The initial setup was straightforward. It took us a day to deploy this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Barracuda Web Application Firewall a nine out of ten.

Download our free Barracuda Web Application Firewall Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: July 2022