Associate Software Engineer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Allows us to run tests on multiple devices at the same time, across multiple platforms, increasing testing efficiency
  • "The automated test reporting functionality is the most valuable feature. We use the CI Dashboard. It's very important as it is the main reporting tool for our automated tests."
  • "The flakiness, or the accuracy, of the test execution can be improved. Also, the responsiveness of their cloud lab could be improved as well."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to test the mobile apps that we develop.

How has it helped my organization?

The Perfecto device lab has allowed us to run tests on multiple devices at the same time and across multiple platforms as well. That increases the efficiency of our testing and saves money, time, and effort. It would take us six times longer to do what we now do.

We are also able to run tests without needing to monitor them. It delivers comprehensive testing that we otherwise wouldn't be able to achieve.

In addition, it has allowed us to maintain high app quality. By testing the app thoroughly, which Perfecto allows us to do, we get that high quality.

What is most valuable?

The automated test reporting functionality is the most valuable feature. We use the CI Dashboard. It's very important as it is the main reporting tool for our automated tests.

Another important feature is being able to manually control a device.

When it comes to executing cross-platform testing, we only use two platforms, but it's still pretty good.

We also utilize Perfecto’s cloud-based lab to test across devices, browsers, and OSs, and that is really important as well. The lab provides us with same-day access to devices.

Perfecto
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Perfecto. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Perfecto for a year and three months.

It's stable most of the time but we do come across bugs and we have to reach out to support.

It's very scalable, although it's unlikely we will increase our usage of the solution.

It is used across at least 10 teams in our organization.

We get pretty good response times and I have someone I can contact very quickly if I have a problem.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We did not have a previous solution

It took us about three months to realize the benefits, from the time of deployment.

It's a pretty fair investment.

It's definitely on the higher end of prices for this type of service.

What other advice do I have?

Look at the cost of the product and check its feasibility in the context of your projects, and what you want to use it for.

The maintenance involved with the solution can be done by one person and the main duty is to ensure that the scripts are running correctly.

automation tester at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Makes it easier to test without needing physical devices, and enables us to do offshore testing
  • "Mobile testing is the most valuable feature as it has reduced dependency on physical devices. We are located offshore and we don't have the physical devices, and shipping physical devices after every new release would be a difficult task. But with Perfecto, it is easy."
  • "It is slow compared to physical device testing. The interactive speed could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for manual mobile testing and a little bit of web testing.

How has it helped my organization?

Perfecto makes it easier for us to do mobile testing, rather than shipping mobile devices. They always have the newest versions.

Although I can't comment on cost savings, it is useful for us because of our offshore-onshore model. We are able to utilize the devices even if we don't have a physical device available to us.

What is most valuable?

Mobile testing is the most valuable feature as it has reduced dependency on physical devices. We are located offshore and we don't have the physical devices, and shipping physical devices after every new release would be a difficult task. But with Perfecto, it is easy.

Perfecto’s cloud-based lab to test across devices is very important because as a banking and financial project, we need to ensure that our app is working on all devices, irrespective of version.

What needs improvement?

It is slow compared to physical device testing. The interactive speed could be improved.

And sometimes we have issues with our app not working properly with Perfecto. Even though it is working perfectly on the physical device, in Perfecto we find issues. That is another thing we'd like to see improved. Perfecto support said not to use the instrument option so that you do not face that issue. But unless we use the instrument option we cannot do the inspection. We haven't had this issue with all versions of our apps, only with a few.

I have been using Perfecto for almost five years.

The stability of the solution is good, around eight out of 10. And the new features they're bringing out are also good. They are useful for us.

The scalability is a seven out of 10.

Whenever we have an issue we raise a ticket and it is resolved pretty fast. The technical support is great and it's quicker now than when I first used it. The follow-up is also great.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial deployment is not that complex, and the solution doesn't require any maintenance.

We don't have to carry physical devices from one place to another. They are virtual, so we can always use them without any issues. It has been very helpful from that perspective for us.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, it's a great solution. They just need to improve on the slowness. I would definitely recommend it.

Perfecto
November 2022
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Prin IT Bus Systems Analyst at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Scales quickly and easily for multiple devices, but web application testing needs improvement
  • "One of the good things about Perfecto is the scalability that it provides."
  • "It does well for mobile testing, but when it comes to the web aspect, it is lagging a little bit in terms of execution."

What is our primary use case?

We are application developers and we use Perfecto to ensure that our applications are working on a variety of devices. We have a need to support a broad range of mobile devices, which Perfecto is able to assist with.

What is most valuable?

One of the good things about Perfecto is the scalability that it provides. We are able to quickly scale up the devices. We can choose Android devices, web-based applications, or whatever we need, and we can scale up quickly and easily.

What needs improvement?

We bought this solution because it is supposed to be proficient at both web and mobile testing. It does well for mobile testing, but when it comes to the web aspect, it is lagging a little bit in terms of execution. Specifically, if it is a native app then it does really well. But, with a hybrid, or it is a native mobile web app, it seems to be lagging.

We have been working with Perfecto for approximately two years.

I have not experienced any stability-related issues.

The scalability is very good. We have four to five people using it at the moment, and we have five or six concurrent licenses. At peak, we have five people using it.

There are three or four teams of approximately eight people each who use it, and the time is shared based on their needs. We may expand this in the future but for now, we art set.

I have not interacted directly with their technical support. We have a team that deals with them.

We also use UFT Mobile.

The initial setup seemed to be straightforward.

We used a vendor partner and they completed most of the setup.

The team looked like they have been doing it as part of their service and they were able to complete it pretty quickly.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Download our free Perfecto Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022