PavanKumar3 - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr. Software Engineer at Saggezza
The best solution for PDF or scanned documents with valuable algorithms, OCR engines, and support for Python scripting
  • "I like most of the algorithms that it has, such as classified algorithms. I also like the OCR engines that it provides. We get a lot of options to explore and deal with. IQ Bot has added a lot of value in terms of extracting the information. Some OCR engines have limitations in terms of extracting the information. They have recently added a new feature that allows us to add Python scripting. Earlier, we had to do the post-processing work in terms of formatting and updating the proper values, but now, we have the option to write a Python script, which is really helpful for us in terms of getting the output. We can manage everything using Python."
  • "There are certain things that OCR engines are not capable of handling currently. For example, OCR engines pick up a slash as a question mark. They also don't have the capability to handle subcolumns in a column. It would be really helpful if they can add more OCR engines with advanced capabilities to handle such scenarios. We need more cognitive abilities in the OCR engines to deal with the most complex scenarios. We also need more advanced capabilities so that IQ Bot can give better results in terms of PDF quality. This is because we cannot expect the same quality from all the vendors and customers, and there might be scenarios where we get some sort of scanned copies."

What is our primary use case?

I have worked on two processes. One process was pretty simple, and another one was a complex process.

What is most valuable?

I like most of the algorithms that it has, such as classified algorithms. I also like the OCR engines that it provides. We get a lot of options to explore and deal with. IQ Bot has added a lot of value in terms of extracting the information. Some OCR engines have limitations in terms of extracting the information.

They have recently added a new feature that allows us to add Python scripting. Earlier, we had to do the post-processing work in terms of formatting and updating the proper values, but now, we have the option to write a Python script, which is really helpful for us in terms of getting the output. We can manage everything using Python.

What needs improvement?

There are certain things that OCR engines are not capable of handling currently. For example, OCR engines pick up a slash as a question mark. They also don't have the capability to handle subcolumns in a column. It would be really helpful if they can add more OCR engines with advanced capabilities to handle such scenarios. We need more cognitive abilities in the OCR engines to deal with the most complex scenarios.

We also need more advanced capabilities so that IQ Bot can give better results in terms of PDF quality. This is because we cannot expect the same quality from all the vendors and customers, and there might be scenarios where we get some sort of scanned copies.

I have been using this solution for one year.

IQ Bot
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about IQ Bot. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It depends on the quality of the PDF that you are dealing with. If you give a good quality document, then definitely, you will get a good output. Otherwise, you won't get a good output. We are dealing with a machine, so the input has to be proper.

It is definitely scalable. It is very good in terms of scalability. For example, I have my own invoice structure in a company, and I am currently using IQ Bot to extract some information for one customer. In the future, I will have more customers, and I would be able to easily scale it because it deals with the invoice format and structure and not with a specific account or customer.

I have experience with their technical support. There was a time when we had issues with understanding a functionality, and their technical support helped us a lot.

It is pretty easy. It is not complex. We just need to add an executable file for IQ Bot, and all other things, such as users and licensing, can be managed from the console itself. It is self-explanatory. It is similar to any software installation. You don't need any specific knowledge for this.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. It has advanced a lot over time. They had a lot of versions, which had a lot of improvements. As compared to other RPA tools that are dealing with PDF or scanned documents, IQ Bot is definitely the best solution.

I would rate IQ Bot an eight out of ten.

Senior Datawarehouse/ETL Expert
Excellent document extraction, very straightforward and integrates with Automation Anywhere
  • "I can train all the instances and properly adjust, inject Python code to find entities, and so on, and so forth."
  • "I know that Automation Anywhere just said that IQ Bot 11 and higher versions are ready to extract the documents with less than 300 DPI, however, this is not true. I never could work with documents with less than 300 DPI."

What is most valuable?

I love IQ Bot. I can extract any type of document. It doesn't matter if we have a background image in the document if it's a colorful document. It doesn't matter. I can extract and work with it regardless. I can train all the instances and properly adjust, inject Python code to find entities, and so on, and so forth.

IQ Bot is a powerful technology. It's a very, very powerful technology. It's 100% integrated with Automation Anywhere Enterprise without any type of API. When you use Foundation AI and ABBYY, you need to consume APIs or you need to install an integration pack, however, when you work with IQ Bot it's very straightforward. You just consume all your instances very fast.

What needs improvement?

The problem with IQ Bot is the price. With so many options on the internet, some customers, medium-sized companies, have no budget to pay for IQ Bot, and then they just migrate the IntelligentOCR and all the machine learning to data extraction to cloud providers, such as Foundation AI or ABBYY.

In terms of Automation Anywhere, I did not try it yet, however, until the IQ Bot 11, what I can ask for Automation Anywhere to improve is just NLP and NLU, to extract body emails or an unstructured text.

I don't know if we can use IQ Bot with another RPA vendor by just integrating IQ Bot through API. I don't know if it's possible. I'm working with UiPath as well and I don't know if we can use IQ Bot with UiPath.

We'd like just a bit more improved technology. Sometimes we send documents with less than 300 DPI. I know that Automation Anywhere just said that IQ Bot 11 and higher versions are ready to extract the documents with less than 300 DPI, however, this is not true. I never could work with documents with less than 300 DPI.

I've worked with the solution for more than 12 months.

I've also used Foundation AI and ABBYY, however, they require the use of APIs.

The solution is largely pretty expensive, especially for smaller organizations.

What other advice do I have?

We are a partner of Automation Anywhere.

I work with Automation Anywhere. I never worked with Power Automate before. I've been working with Automation Anywhere for the last four years, since version 10. Automation Anywhere is evolving. In the beginning, it had so many bugs. Things didn't work as expected. Now, with version A360 and also with A11, I can deliver all the business expectations with Automation Anywhere Enterprise IQ Bot.

I've already deployed three environments. I also participated in two big migrations without any hitch, without any problems. They're well-documented by Automation Anywhere and the product is very reliable. I never faced a platform downtime, big downtime, with the platform doing application error. I haven't had even database issues. What I can say about Automation Anywhere is that Automation Anywhere just delivers everything I need to deploy all business processes, no matter the line of business. If you were talking about manufacturing, if you were talking about finance or insurance companies, I can deploy and automate almost all processes using Automation Anywhere.

I'd rate the solution an eight out of ten.

IQ Bot
November 2022
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Customer Success Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable, adequate installation, but the price could be lower, and the scalability needs improvement
  • "The initial setup was satisfactory."
  • "Machine learning capabilities would be beneficial to have."

What needs improvement?

Because there are certain restrictions or limitations with IQ Bot we started to explore ABBYY FlexiCapture.

In terms of extracting the information, we had a lot of issues with Textract OCR, and we discovered that it wasn't very good.

With ABBYY, we were able to achieve some solid outcomes; I won't say they were significant, but they were satisfactory.

The groups that are built based on templates and patterns, it's a tremendous undertaking, and we found it a little tough in terms of maintaining those groups and, in particular, training. In terms of document training, we found it to be a little difficult.

We are looking for better results when it comes to scalability.

Machine learning capabilities would be beneficial to have.

My biggest challenge is the monthly increase in volume. Because there are so many new organizations being formed, I find it difficult to train and maintain them. There are numerous duplicate files in the system. Cleaning those is becoming a difficult task for me. Training is becoming more difficult.

They are not able to explain why distinct groups are formed when the patterns are the same.

We have plans to scale this across other departments. I have uploaded almost 14,000 purchase orders and I have almost 600 groups, with several duplications. Cleaning it up, and training the groups is a significant challenge. This is definitely an area that requires improvement.

Another concern is the technical support, specifically, those responsible for the tickets, are not very helpful. I have to contact them, spend hours on the phone with them without getting my issue resolved.

I have been using IQ Bot for three years. We began with Automation Anywhere version 6, and are now moving to Automation 360.

We don't have any issues with the stability of IQ Bot.

When it comes to scalability, we want to see better results. It needs improvement.

This solution is used by one department with approximately 55 people.

Technical support has been a problem for us. We must follow up after we have submitted a ticket. They are not user-friendly, and they never respond or handle issues in a timely manner.

We are now working with ABBYY FlexiCapture, but primarily with IQ Bot.

The initial setup was satisfactory. I won't say it was very complicated, but it was satisfactory.

We are working with a team of three people who maintain this solution.

They are also responsible to maintain other task bots running in the background.

The price could be lower.

Our contract is for a year, and our fees are paid annually.

We are evaluating solutions and comparing them with the OCR solutions.

We are looking for Accounts Payable Solutions.

We mainly wanted to look into ABBYY FlexiCapture to see what it can do, how good it is at training, and how user-friendly it is.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate IQ Bot a six out of ten.

Solution Architect at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use, good support, and works fine
  • "We have been using it only for two months, and so far, it is working fine. It is easy to use."
  • "It should be easier to install and configure. We had some issues during the initial setup, and we are resolving them with the help of their support. Its initial setup is complex. Their web pages are not really structured. Because they have multiple products that are more or less similar, it is sometimes hard to understand which documentation you're actually reading and using. Their documentation and web pages should be structured in a better way. In terms of new features, it is a little too early to provide inputs. I need more real business cases to see what is lacking. We haven't yet got those. We are currently testing it from a technical point of view."

What is our primary use case?

I am currently testing IQ Bot, and we are evaluating it from technical and business perspectives. We haven't yet put anything in production. We are looking into business cases, and we are also checking it out from the IT perspective in terms of how it works, what we can do with it, and so on. We are also working with the RPA part of Automation Anywhere.

We are using one version prior to the latest one. They seem to have released a newer version, and we will upgrade soon. It is deployed in our AWS environment. It is more or less on-premise, but it is still in the AWS space.

What is most valuable?

We have been using it only for two months, and so far, it is working fine. It is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

It should be easier to install and configure. We had some issues during the initial setup, and we are resolving them with the help of their support. Its initial setup is complex.

Their web pages are not really structured. Because they have multiple products that are more or less similar, it is sometimes hard to understand which documentation you're actually reading and using. Their documentation and web pages should be structured in a better way.

In terms of new features, it is a little too early to provide inputs. I need more real business cases to see what is lacking. We haven't yet got those. We are currently testing it from a technical point of view.

I have been using this solution for the last two months.

It is working fine so far.

We haven't really scaled it up to see what will happen if we run a lot of documents. We haven't yet tested it for that.

For the RPA part, we have a lot of bots running in production, but we haven't really started using IQ Bot. Currently, two or three people from the IT side are testing this. We plan to increase its usage. I am working on the IT side, and there are a lot of business cases inside our organization that could benefit from this type of solution. We are trying to talk to different business units to see what type of business we can test out first.

Their technical support is fine so far. They have been able to answer my questions in a fairly good time.

We were not utilizing these types of tools in the past. We had more or less outsourced the complete processing and handling of documents, invoicing, and so on.

It wasn't really straightforward. We had some issues, and I had to open some support cases with Automation Anywhere. I am using their support to solve these issues, and we still have a few issues to solve.

Its setup is complex, and there is a lack of structured documentation. There should be an easier way to install and configure it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate IQ Bot an eight out of ten.

German Campos - PeerSpot reviewer
PMO Manager (Peruvian Branch) at Global hitss
Easy to implement, stable, and reduces costs, but needs better artificial intelligence to capture information from a document
  • "It is very easy to set up and use this tool to get information from documents. It can get the information about the purchase order number, average, description of purchase orders in several formats without any problem."
  • "It should have more artificial intelligence to capture information from a document. Currently, our clients are preparing invoices manually. They are not digital, so we need to scan all the documents, but we are facing issues in capturing all the information through IQ Bot. Therefore, we have to use other tools to capture the information, and then we use IQ Bot to process all the information. They need to improve the artificial intelligence for document scanning."

What is our primary use case?

We have automated several processes for several customers. We have used this tool to automate processes for a bank. We have also set it up for another customer to download purchase orders and put information in a database to consolidate the information they have in the SAP system.

How has it helped my organization?

After automating a process, we prepare a report that shows how much money automation has saved. IQ Bot has reduced costs, and there are fewer mistakes because humans make mistakes.

These bots also work 24/7, which is also a big benefit. Earlier, if a task took a week, with IQ Bot, we can do the same task in 30 minutes or so depending on the amount of information.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to set up and use this tool to get information from documents. It can get the information about the purchase order number, average, description of purchase orders in several formats without any problem.

What needs improvement?

It should have more artificial intelligence to capture information from a document. Currently, our clients are preparing invoices manually. They are not digital, so we need to scan all the documents, but we are facing issues in capturing all the information through IQ Bot. Therefore, we have to use other tools to capture the information, and then we use IQ Bot to process all the information. They need to improve the artificial intelligence for document scanning.

I have been using this solution for around one year.

It is stable. We had no issues with its stability.

It is scalable. We have implemented it in a medium company as well as in a large company without any problem. It only depends on the server on which you run the bot.

Their technical support is fine. We don't have any problem with the support of Automation Anywhere.

Its initial setup is easy. It takes one week to create the processes and then develop, test, and put them in production.

We have a team of four people for supporting a big customer with this solution. They monitor the processes and check if there is any problem. We support all the bots that we develop.

Our customers evaluate UiPath and Power Automate.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it is very easy to implement, and there are no problems. Automation Anywhere's support is also available at any moment.

I would rate IQ Bot a seven out of ten.

Senior TAP Manager MXD at a outsourcing company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use, stable, and helps to rapidly develop automation to help reduce manual tasks
  • "The most valuable features are rapid development, stability, and ease of use."
  • "The quality of the service needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We have a group of customers that provide services for contact centers, and those customers have their own systems. Frequently, we can find opportunities for automation so we execute the analysis to search for what kinds of solutions we can deploy. After the development, we charge

We use it with Automation Anywhere version 11.

How has it helped my organization?

By using this solution, we have been able to reduce the manual tasks that are performed by our telephone operators.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are rapid development, stability, and ease of use.

This is a very useful product and the intelligence is powerful.

What needs improvement?

The quality of the service needs to be improved.

Having a complete cloud version, as a SaaS, would be quite nice.

This product is absolutely scalable. We probably have 100 users.

According to the demand, we expect that our usage will grow, although it is difficult to say by how much at this point.

We have been in touch with technical support through online means, and we also have a partner that assists us with technical issues.

I used to work with Automate from HelpSystems, as well as Softomotive.

The initial setup is relatively easy. The deployment took about one month.

The functionality is centralized around a control room, in on-premises infrastructure.

We have an internal group of developers who deployed it.

There are more affordable solutions than this. For example, with UiPath, you can download the software, install it, and start working with it. You don't have to pay for anything until you want to connect to the centralized servers. It is very nice.

We may look at other options in the future, such as UiPath and Blue Prism.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this product is that it's quite important to well-define what the problem is, in order to have an efficient development cycle.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using IQ Bot is that it's important to carefully consider the scope of the project in order to avoid any pitfalls. You don't want to try automating things that are not viable, or not suitable for automation.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Amar S - PeerSpot reviewer
Automation Project Manager at a performing arts with 10,001+ employees
Feature-rich, deals well with unstructured data, and the support is good
  • "Our mainframe-based and web-based projects are working well, with no issues."
  • "One of the challenges that we faced was that the Automation Anywhere log files were being created and not cleaned up, which would eventually kill the bot."

What is our primary use case?

My team uses IQ Bot primarily for unstructured data. Some of the use cases are related to capturing imagine-related data.

What is most valuable?

Our mainframe-based and web-based projects are working well, with no issues.

What needs improvement?

In one of the applications we were working on, we found challenges. Automation Anywhere enterprise 11 has troubles interacting with a Pega product that we are using. Consequently, there were projects that we were not able to complete.

One of the challenges that we faced was that the Automation Anywhere log files were being created and not cleaned up, which would eventually kill the bot. We began a practice where we cleaned out the log files on a daily basis, which improved the bot.

Automation Anywhere does not have support for all legacy systems. In the insurance industry, they mostly work with legacy systems and will not move to future technologies very soon because of the security measures, cost constraints, and other reasons. In these cases, we do not see improvements in terms of efficiency.

For all of the projects that we have worked on so far, it is stable apart from slight challenges.

There are only a few people in the company who use IQ Bot.

Technical support is good, although there were not able to solve the problem that we had with the Pega application. Whenever there is an issue brought to them, they will call, discuss the details, and make suggestions for resolution.

We have only used Automation Anywhere product systems, as the choices are entirely client-driven.

The deployment was easy for us but the control room is taken care of by the client. We need to approach them when we need to make changes. For example, they will move the code from client to server. We don't do that, as we have very limited access to the control room.

I feel that the price of IQ Bot could be lower. The licensing fees are paid on an annual basis.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and most of the features we require are included. Our only challenge was with the Pega application, and Automation Anywhere should interact better with it. More generally, it should interact better with hybrid applications.

Celestine - PeerSpot reviewer
Director intelligent automation at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Has the ability to train itself and is stable but needs improvement in handwritten data extraction
  • "The ability to train itself is a good, valuable feature. It is one of the most stable RPA products at present. Installation is easy for IQ Bot, and they provide good technical support."
  • "IQ Bot needs to scale up further because many other industry products that are capable of capturing handwritten information are doing much better. So, it would be better if IQ Bot spent more time on handwritten data extraction."

What is our primary use case?

We used it with a construction company that was doing manual time sheet entries that had to be given to HR by the end of the day. They would then translate the time sheet data into digital data to process payroll, attendance, and so on. So, we were tasked to get that particular time sheet and then use the IQ Bot solution to automate extraction of data and further processes.

What is most valuable?

Installation is easy for IQ Bot, and they provide good technical support.

I'm also happy with the pricing.

What needs improvement?

IQ Bot needs to scale up further because many other industry products that are capable of capturing handwritten information are doing much better. So, it would be better if IQ Bot spent more time on handwritten data extraction.

Some of the features that are currently existing could certainly be enhanced. The ability to define the coordinates on the screen, on the documents that are being scanned, was a little less when we did the proof of concept. These kinds of features could be enhanced a little more. It looks a little rigid at this point in time, but it could be improved.

I've been using it during the last 12 months.

This is the most stable RPA product at the moment.

Automation Anywhere's technical support has been very good.

Implementation of IQ Bot was easy.

The licensing is on a yearly basis, and I am happy with the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

Compared to UiPath or Blue Prism, IQ Bot is the most stable RPA product at the moment. Automation Anywhere has come a long way.

If someone is straight away looking at IQ Bot as a potential solution, I would suggest that they do a proof of concept and see their ability to scale their particular process. Each and every process, business process, they bring will be different. So, it's good to start with the proof of concept and then scale according to the need.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate IQ Bot at seven.