We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Chief Executive Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Offers full visibility of devices in the local network but is pricey
  • "We really like that we get full visibility of devices in the local network."
  • "It's scalable, but not without a big investment. It doesn't do so well at the branch. At the home office, it does okay and not so well at the branch."

What is our primary use case?

To find out what devices are in the network for our clients. We manage client's networks, so we have it on the client's network and they use it so they can make sure they know who's on the network and if it's secure.

What is most valuable?

We really like that we get full visibility of devices in the local network.

What needs improvement?

It could be better, they could work on the wide-area network and easier because it's a bit clumsy at the moment when we go on to a remote site. It works well in the head office but we've had challenges trying to install it across other sites. So pricing and support for branch offices. The interface is okay for the local office, but it's hard to get visibility from remote branches.

We have been using the Forescout Device and Visibility Control Platform for about two years.

The Forescout Platform is very stable.

It's scalable, but not without a big investment. It doesn't do so well at the branch. At the home office, it does okay and not so well at the branch.

We have used technical support, it's been fine.

The initial setup of Forescout Device and Visibility Control Platform is fairly complex.

The Forescout Device and Visibility Control Platform is quite expensive. I would recommend it depending on the environment, but I would tell them to look at things that depend on their environment. There is other software as well.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the Forescout Device and Visibility Control Platform at a six out of ten.

Odai Halawani
Sr. Security Engineer at Topvision
Easy to scale, simplifies device configuration, and the interface makes it easy to use
  • "The interface is easy to use."
  • "Although Forescout manages endpoints and network devices, there is no capability for user management."

What is our primary use case?

We use the Forescout Platform to manage all of the devices connected to our network.

What is most valuable?

The interface is easy to use.

The 802.1X configuration, which is difficult for all switches, is not required. It makes it easier to work with switches and IoT devices.

What needs improvement?

Forescout Platform is too expensive, so the price should be reduced.

Although Forescout manages endpoints and network devices, there is no capability for user management. This is something that should be added. For example, if I find that something is wrong in the services and need to disable a user's access, there should be no need to go to Active Directory and disable the user there. As it is now, computers and devices can be disabled, but not users.

I have been using Forescout for one year and am preparing to get my certificate.

This is a stable solution.

The Forescout Platform is easy to scale. We have more than 200,000 endpoints and at least 150,000 users.

I am working in the Security Operations team, which does not contact Forescout technical support directly. They are not responsible for the types of problems we have, such as checking for computer compliance and installing a new computer.

The complexity of the initial setup depends on the environment. I am managing an enterprise environment, so any deployment or any implementation will not be easy. Generally, however, Forescout is not difficult to configure.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Forescout Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
566,121 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Instrutor at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
High capacity and good interface
  • "The most valuable feature of the Forescout Platform is the large capacity it can handle. Additionally, the interface of the platform is good."
  • "In the next release of the solution, it could benefit from being more flexible to allow for more freedom."

How has it helped my organization?

Forescout Platform provides continuous security monitoring and mitigation.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the Forescout Platform is the large capacity it can handle. Additionally, the interface of the platform is good.

What needs improvement?

If you want to deploy a new solution to block, you can't do it by yourself. You need the Forescout to deploy these solutions. They could prove this by making it better.

There are virtual machine limitations, this is not a solution that they use to protect my company.

I have been using the Forescout Platform for approximately two years.

What other advice do I have?

Forescout Platform has the NAC solution and it is necessary to deployment. It's not exactly the same, but it can save some money rather than using another approach for NAC.

I rate Forescout Platform an eight out of ten.

Download our free Forescout Platform Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.