IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Manager information security at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
When there is a security event in the news, I can quickly check if we have indicators of compromise
  • "Device Trajectory is one of the most valuable features. We're able to dig in and really understand how things came to be and where to focus our efforts."

How has it helped my organization?

Cisco Secure Endpoint has improved our speed of response and the level of confidence we have that we are in good shape or are not in good shape.

What is most valuable?

Device Trajectory is one of the most valuable features. We're able to dig in and really understand how things came to be and where to focus our efforts.

I've been using Cisco Secure Endpoint for three years.

It's very stable.
    Cisco Secure Endpoint
    July 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Cisco Secure Endpoint. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
    610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We haven't had any issues at all with the scalability. We're a global enterprise with between 1,500 and 1,700 users and we use it on servers, Macs, and PCs.

The technical support is good. We've already got SHI and Cisco reps on top of us, and that's a lot of the reason why everything is so good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We were looking to replace Microsoft Defender, which really just wasn't cutting it. Before Defender, we used Kaspersky. We needed to go to an EDR solution and we were already a Cisco-centric company, so it made sense to go into a unified environment.

It was straightforward. We just rolled out the agent to all the endpoints. It took just a couple of people, one security person and one person for the tool that pushed it out to Windows devices.

If I didn't have someone else taking care of the licensing, I would say that the licensing needs to be improved. All the product features we need are there. It's just a matter of the complexity and the different offerings and trying to figure things out. There are a lot of pieces that roll into the pricing issue. For Cisco Secure Endpoint, with our Cisco EA, the pricing seems reasonable compared to the others. But when we get to solutions like Duo and we think that with our Microsoft agreement their MFA is "free," it's not exactly free. But without our EA, Duo would cost so much more. It feels a little bit like nickel and dime sometimes, but I get it.

We looked at CrowdStrike and Carbon Black. All the solutions had great value, but we went with Cisco because we were with Cisco for networking quite a bit. Also, our overall direction was to look at SASE, and with some of the other things, they all just started coming together. It made a lot of sense to stay in one environment for functionality.

What other advice do I have?

Traditionally you'll see the industry reviews talk about Cisco Secure Endpoint as typically in Cisco environments, but I'd tell the CrowdStrike users and other folks to take a look. It's an interesting solution and it provides a lot of value. Cyber security resilience has been extremely important for our organization. Cisco Secure Endpoint has stopped a few things. I don't know whether other avenues of defense in depth would have caught them or not, but the resilience of depth and the ability to keep moving, even after an event, keep the rest of our business productive. The Cisco environment has been perfect. When there is an event in the news that I know my leaders are going to be reading about, in 10 minutes I can check my environment to see if I have any indicators of compromise, and I'm done.
    Marian Melniciuc - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior IT System Administrator at ScanPlus GmbH
    Great secure threat hunting and threat response with continuous product improvements happening
    • "The threat Grid with the ability to observe the sandboxing, analyze, and perform investigations of different malicious files has been great."
    • "We don't have issues. We think that Cisco covers all of the security aspects on the market. They continue to innovate in the right way."

What is our primary use case?

AMP 4 Endpoints protect our workstation (ca 300), our VDI environment (ca 250), and our servers (ca 50).

The old product was from Trend Micro and was just a simple antivirus solution. It was ok, but it was just an antivirus. We needed something more than just an antivirus that is used by every end-user. We were looking for a tool can we trust, and something that can schedule some things, implement scripts, analyze malware, perform advanced scans, etc. Our company, as an ISP for many customers, has to be protected from vulnerabilities.

How has it helped my organization?

First of all, we performed a PoV (Proof of Value) together with our Cisco partners, and we tested about a few months the efficacy and complexity of this product.

After the evaluation of the cost and security that AMP 4 Endpoints could offer, we decided to replace the old solution with AMP 4 Endpoints. The implementation was performed, with support from Cisco partners, in a few hours. In the following days, AMP 4 Endpoints found many things that the old antivirus solution missed. That was a very huge advantage for us.

What is most valuable?

Since we booked the Premier License, the most valuable features, in my opinion, are

• Secure Threat Hunting to have a specialized team to support in analyzing complex attacks. That could help us to learn about new technics
    • Threat Grid with the ability to observe the sandboxing, analyze, and perform investigations of different malicious files. Nobody wants to run a dangerous file in his network, for that Threat Grid is important for us.
    • Threat Response that offers the possibility of help on logs, IPs, domains, etc. to perform investigations into our and global infrastructure. Sometimes we want to see if a malicious file was run in our network, for that Threat Response take this job to search and save us alot of time.

What needs improvement?

Actually, we don't need others features or improvements of this product. It is a complex product and offers us exactly what we need - security and trust.

We chose Cisco because we wanted security and trust. That is what we needed from Cisco, and what our customers expected from us.

We are using many Cisco products, and, with every new product, every new feature, the trust in Cisco security is growing.

We have been using the AMP 4 Endpoints in the Test Environment since November 2020 and implemented them in the production environment since March 2021.

We used Trend Micro and when we tested AMP 4 Endpoints we saw its value immediately.

I'd advise users to book the premier license and to have access to all the features that AMp 4 Endpoints has on offer.

There was no other option; we wanted the Cisco solution immediately.

What other advice do I have?

Everything is working fine.

Cisco Secure Endpoint
    July 2022
    610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Felipe Guimaraes - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sales Director at Samsung
    Helps protect data on user devices
    • "The most valuable feature is its threat protection and data privacy, including its cyber attack and data protection, as we need to cover and protect data on user devices."
    • "It could be improved in connection with artificial intelligence and IoT."

What is our primary use case?

It is used especially to connect with MDM, covering security and monitoring services.

It protects user devices, especially for field services.

Customers need some infrastructure on the cloud, e.g., Amazon and Google. We also need some testing and stage environments to perform tests.

How has it helped my organization?

We need to follow many countries' laws about data privacy. This is a requirement that is key for users. Cybersecurity resiliency has been important for us because we need to protect against loss.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It could be improved in connection with artificial intelligence and IoT.

I have been using this solution for three years.

The stability is good.

It doesn't require much maintenance, just in a few cases.

It is good.

The technical support is fair. I would rate them as nine out of 10.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We previously used IBM. We switched because customers made decisions to work natively with the Cisco features, especially on infrastructure and security environments.

In many cases, we can deploy it in a week. In other cases, we have to connect and test with more complex architectures. However, this is not related to the security endpoint services. The testing around another product is important, so it can take two to four months.

We use the agile method for our implementation strategy.

We worked with IBM, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and a few partners.

It takes three to 10 people to do the deployment, including pre-sales and technical guys, testing guys, and some software architecture.

We get more value out of our portfolio. We have pretty much seen ROI. When the endpoint service is well connected devices, it covers many important key features,

The price is very fair to the customer.

We need to be open as an integrator to figure out other situations and features, especially from Microsoft and IBM. Everything is related to the customer's architecture, which is why we have to be open-minded.

What other advice do I have?

I really recommend to test and connect it with different devices, especially mobile, tablets, notebooks, and servers. Then, the potential customer can understand the value of naturally integrating all these devices together.

When it comes to data security, it is important to protect the data.

I would rate the solution as nine out of 10.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Real user
    MD.SIHAB TALUKDAR - PeerSpot reviewer
    System Engineer at a non-profit with 10,001+ employees
    A stable component of our network infrastructure security
    • "The entirety of our network infrastructure is Cisco and the most valuable feature is the integration."
    • "I would like to see integration with Cisco Analytics."

What is our primary use case?

We are system integrators and we use this product for DNS security, which is integrated with the DNS service.

How has it helped my organization?

Cisco AMP is the broadest, most integrated security platform that connects the breadth of Cisco's integrated security portfolio and the customer's infrastructure for a consistent experience. It unifies visibility, enables automation, and strengthens your security across network, endpoints, cloud, and applications--all without replacing your current security infrastructure or layering on new technology.

What is most valuable?

The entirety of our network infrastructure is Cisco and the most valuable feature is the integration.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see integration with Cisco Analytics.

We have been using the total Cisco solutions including AMP for Endpoints, Umbrella, and Firepower for three years.

This is a stable product.

This solution is scalable.

I have contacted them in the past to raise a case and they were able to resolve it.

We use the traditional antivirus, its don't able to protects real time protection don't have firewall integration.

The initial setup involves integration with other products such as Talos. The deployment took us about one day.

Cisco Talos Intelligence Group is one of the largest commercial threat intelligence teams in the world.These teams are supported by unrivaled telemetry and sophisticated systems to create accurate, rapid and actionable threat intelligence for Cisco customers, products and services.

What other advice do I have?

I began with implementing Cisco AMP for Endpoints and then integrated Umbrella and the other products after that.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Pardeep Sharma - PeerSpot reviewer
    Network security engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Secure, feature-rich reliable protection, and offers the best technical support
    • "The most valuable feature is signature-based malware detection."
    • "The GUI needs improvement, it's not good."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for the malware features, to protect our network and our endpoint users. We deployed this solution for security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is signature-based malware detection. They are updating the signatures for malware from time to time.

With every protection malware, there are issues, because it takes time to detect the malware, but Cisco is very fast in detection compared to other products.

The security is awesome and they have very good features.

What needs improvement?

The GUI needs improvement, it's not good.

There are false positives in emails. At times, the emails are blocked and detected as malware when they are not.

They should work on some of the signatures because of the emails that have been blocked and detected as malware that can never be opened.

I have been using Cisco AMP for Endpoints within the last year.

Cisco AMP for Endpoints is very reliable.

I am not familiar with scalability. I have never tried to scale it.

We have more than 400 users in our organization.

We have plans to increase our usage.

Cisco has the best technical support and marketing.

The initial setup was very complex.

It will take a month to complete the deployment if you want to complete the parameters.

Licensing fees are on a yearly basis and I am happy with the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for deep security and malware for your endpoint users and network then I would recommend Cisco AMP.

I would rate Cisco AMP for Endpoints a ten out of ten.

Download our free Cisco Secure Endpoint Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: July 2022