Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Anzize BADAROU - PeerSpot reviewer
BI MANAGER at Abtech
Review about SAP Data Services
  • "I like how SAP Data Services links reporting and data integration. That's what's most interesting. You also have the opportunity to leverage the power of the Data Services server."
  • "I want some more business intelligence applications. People need to know more and more about data, including the transformation rules, etc. Informatica is a better product for data cataloging. SAP should update the data catalog."

What is our primary use case?

We use Data Services for data integration, MDM, quality assurance, etc.

What is most valuable?

I like how SAP Data Services links reporting and data integration. That's what's most interesting. You also have the opportunity to leverage the power of the Data Services server.

What needs improvement?

I want some more business intelligence applications. People need to know more and more about data, including the transformation rules, etc. Informatica is a better product for data cataloging. SAP should update the data catalog.

We've used SAP Data Services for around 15 years.

SAP Data Services
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about SAP Data Services. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.

SAP Data Services is stable.

SAP support is extremely helpful, and SAP Data Services is widely used, so it's easy to find a third-party specialist. It's not the same with Talend. I rate SAP support eight out of 10.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We also use Informatica PowerCenter, but it's harder to find an Informatica consultant. SAP is more widely used.

You need some specialized knowledge about SAP tools before the setup.

Informatica and SAP Data Services are both pricey for a small business. We may have to find another solution that's on the cloud. The license itself isn't the most expensive part. We have to pay for servers, consultants, etc.

What other advice do I have?

I rate SAP Data Services nine out of 10.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Consultant / Integrator
Christophe BERNARD - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Intelligence Manager at ALPTIS ASSURANCES
Good ETL and priced well, but the REST API is not easy
  • "The most valuable feature is the ETL functionality."
  • "It's an ETL that is very good with relational databases but not as good with files and semi-structured files."

What is our primary use case?

We load data from databases into our data warehouse.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ETL functionality.

What needs improvement?

Dealing with the REST API is not easy with Data Services.

It is mandatory to have a WADL file and it is difficult to find this file and set it up.

I would like to see a better connection with the API and the use of XML files.

Also, the support could be better.

I have been working with SAP Data Services for 15 years.

We have a SaaS company doing level one support.

I have not had an exchange with SAP support. I deal with my local support, and when there is a problem, they escalate the issue to SAP technical support.

I don't deal with SAP support directly.

Previously, I had used another ETL solution.

The initial setup was straightforward and easy to complete.

The price is very reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate SAP Data Services an eight out of ten.

SAP Data Services
September 2022
634,325 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Gerente General at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Quality solution for EPL that improves data

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for the EPL, extraction form, and low data.

What is most valuable?

I appreciate having access to the SAP data.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if this solution was a bit easier to move from development to production.

I have been using SAP for ten years.

The initial setup was straightforward and took about a day.

There is a one time purchase fee plus annual maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

Once you have training on the solution, it is very important to explore the full potential of the product rather than jumping right into development.

This is a nine out of ten solution.

Download our free SAP Data Services Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022