IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Technical Support Specialist Networks at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Fully-featured and comes with everything required
  • "I don't have anything bad to say about the product. I absolutely love it."
  • "Something that I've noticed that Forcepoint lacks, is the training that they offer to their end-customers"

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are mainly the Management and the Active capabilities.

What needs improvement?

From a managerial point of view, as long as you have proper training, it's very easy to manage this firewall. Something that I've noticed that Forcepoint lacks, is the training that they offer to their customers. It's quite expensive, I believe it costs roughly $11,000. Because of this, we haven't been fully trained in this solution; to get the most out of this product, you need proper training. That is the only negative comment I have surrounding Forcepoint. Aside from the expensive training, I honestly can't think of another issue. It's a fully-featured firewall that comes with everything required. The version that we are using has a single power supply, whereas we would prefer having dual power supplies on or firewalls.

Our company has been using Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall for roughly two years.

Stability-wise, I have never had any major issues with it. No matter the situation, it has always served its purpose.
Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall
July 2022
Learn what your peers think about Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Scalability-wise, I cannot comment because we have not increased the number of firewalls or the number of nodes on our existing firewall. Although we have not implemented these changes, I know that it's very easy to increase the number of nodes and bandwidth, which means that it is very scalable, but from an on-premise point of view, we haven't done that.

We've never had a negative experience with customer support. They have always been quickly available. I can't complain, I think they have a pretty good team.

What other advice do I have?

I don't have anything bad to say about the product. I absolutely love it. On a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.

Affords us better centralized management over its competitors with simplicity and flexibility of use
  • "Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall is very simple, easy to use, and flexible."
  • "We feel the product's technical support could be better, as this relates to the solution itself, to the installation of the product, and to having a proper understanding of the case."

What is most valuable?

It is very simple, easy to use, and flexible. It is a top solution with a complete feature set. Its most valuable feature involves its environment.

What needs improvement?

A pain point worth mentioning is the need of the customer or client to properly know the environment as it relates to the presentation of Forcepoint and to have a better knowledge of the product's implementation.

We have been using Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall for six years.

It's very stable product.

We feel Forcepoint's scalability to be pretty easy and good. It works very well.

The initial setup of Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall is not terribly complex. We are talking about three months at the intermediate level.

While the deployment of a single firewall depends on the environment, this took us between two to five days.

We employ more than 16 people on our staff for the deployment and maintenance of the solution.

Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall has a good price.

In addition to Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall, we evaluated the concurrency of Palo Alto's features. We feel that Forcepoint affords better centralized management than its competitors.

What other advice do I have?

Our company makes use of every current version of Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall.

Our clients who use Forcepoint run the gamut from small, medium to large businesses.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall
July 2022
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Security Product Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Feature-rich, easy to install and maintain

What is our primary use case?

I offer our clients the Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall.

I work as a presales representative and a product manager for Forcepoint. I'm working on product demonstration demos and proofs-of-concept. I give customers sessions and show them firewall demos. Even if it's on-premises, cloud-based, or virtualized.

What is most valuable?

It's all about the firewalls, how to deploy them, what the main features of the firewall are, what it is best suited for, the advantages, the pros, and the cons.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more sizing in the next release, and the roadmap should be clear. More models are needed to compete in terms of firewall sizing.

I have been dealing with Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall for three months.

Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall is a stable solution.

The Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall is a scalable product.

I work with various types of users and organizations. We have maybe, starting with 20,000 users to 100 users.

Technical support is not within my scope because I work as a pre-sales representative for one of Forcepoint's partners.

The installation is straightforward.

It is easy to install. It can take less than 20 minutes to install the firewall.

Depending on the number of firewalls, one engineer will be required to implement one solution.

It requires a yearly subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall an eight out of ten.

IT Director at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Straightforward to install and has good local support, but the throughput and integration with other products should be improved
  • "The people we deal with is a local partner in Cambodia and we can get good support from them."
  • "My team is looking for more throughput and better integration with our security framework."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution as our corporate firewall.

What is most valuable?

This solution is quite good.

What needs improvement?

It's a good firewall but we are looking for features that are available in Palo Alto.

My team is looking for more throughput and better integration with our security framework. Better integration with other platforms would be an improvement.

We have been using Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall for one year.

We are using the latest version.

Forcepoint is stable and we plan to continue using it in the future.

This is a scalable product. We have approximately 300 users.

We can get local support, which has been okay so far.

The installation was not an issue for us.

Our in-house team did it with the help of our local partner.

We have three or four IT people who take care of deployment and maintenance.

We are still evaluating other products such as Palo Alto.

One of our goals is to minimize the number of different vendors that we have. Ideally, we would like to have a firewall and security solution with good performance from a single vendor, with a single management console.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Team Lead Network Infrastructure at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Security works well, reasonably priced but difficult to configure
  • "It is a scalable product. I know a customer who has deployed more than 4,000 firewalls in a single deployment."
  • "Forcepoint is a little difficult to configure compared to its competitors."

What is our primary use case?

The solution has the ability to stop the latest malware threats and any exploits to computer systems.

What is most valuable?

It does well in security, for data security, and it ranks on the top of NSS Lab.

What needs improvement?

Forcepoint is a little difficult to configure compared to its competitors.

The product could be more user friendly. Firewalls are getting better in graphical user interfaces. If there is an issue with the appliances then the engineering team can work on the command line controls. A cheaper way is a graphical user interface for any users to be able to quickly configuration and implement.

I have been using the solution for three years.

It is a scalable product. I know a customer who has deployed more than 4,000 firewalls in a single deployment.

The technical support is good.

The installation can take a little while depending on the number of sites that someone has. Usually, for single deployment, it takes one or two days.

In our deployment team, we have over 2000 users.

The pricing of the solution is normally competitive with other products.

What other advice do I have?

I would probably not recommend the product to customers because it is not top of the line. It depends on the customer though, their usage, budget, etc. If they have the budget I would probably recommend Palo Alto Networks, not Forcepoint.

I rate Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall a six out of ten.

IT Infra Head at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good performance, centrally managed, and scales well
    • "The security features need to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to improve our security, as part of our overall solution that includes antivirus, IPS, and other products.

What is most valuable?

The centralized management is very good.

Performance is a good point.

What needs improvement?

The security features need to be improved.

We have been using Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall for a few months.

This is a stable product.

This solution scales well and the performance is not degraded. We have 35 registered users in the organization.

We are satisfied with the support.

Prior to this solution, we were using SonicWall. We switched because we wanted to have a centralized management platform, and we also wanted to increase diversity in our firewall products.

This firewall is easy to install, as well as configure.

The pricing should be more competitive against other vendors in the market. We are looking at putting firewalls across all of our locations and want to get a better price so that we can do so. This would be great because we would like to have the same firewall at all of our locations.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I have already recommended it to one of my friends that is now implementing it in the educational sector.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Anwar Sleem - PeerSpot reviewer
    Regional Director at Ceitcon
    Features a scalable firewall and a great VPN
    • "The VPN is great."
    • "The ability to dynamically change policies could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our customer uses this solution as a standard next-generation firewall and VPN.

What is most valuable?

The VPN is great.

What needs improvement?

It lacks something called a change of authority. It also lacks more integration with other VPN clients. Also, the ability to dynamically change policies could be improved.

We installed this solution for one of our customers one year ago.

This solution is very reliable.

Adding users is very straightforward.

I would give their technical support a rating of seven or eight out of ten.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It only takes a matter of minutes.

The licensing is perpetual. The cost is fair, but it could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

If you have Cisco integration, then I wouldn't recommend this solution — it won't integrate. It depends upon the endpoint security. If you have Cisco endpoints, you'll lack certain protections, especially in this multi-vendor environment.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall a rating of eight.

Assistant Manager, Information Security at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
    The first line of defense
    • "Forcepoint is a good, stable solution."
    • "The solution needs to add an antivirus profile and anti-spyware profile, not just policies and VPN."

What is our primary use case?

We publish books and use Forcepoint Firewall as the first line of defense on VPN access.

What needs improvement?

Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall could improve with applying policies. Also, improvement with publishing websites and VPN agent.

Our company has been using Forcepoint Firewall for 5 years.

Forcepoint is a good, stable solution.

This solution is scalable.

The technical support for Forcepoint is fine. They are polite and available twenty-four hours and usually resolve problems the same day.

The initial setup of this solution is easy. We only set up some of the policies.

Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall is reasonable, it is priced the same as other firewalls.

We evaluated Palo Alto, their main advantage over Forcepoint is that they have an antivirus profile and anti-spyware profile.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Forcepoint a 7 out of 10. I would recommend that anyone considering this solution to upgrade their software to have more advantages.

Download our free Forcepoint Next Generation Firewall Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: July 2022