We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
VP - Compliance at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
A user friendly case management tool; unnecessarily complex
  • "The case management tool is user friendly."
  • "This solution is unnecessarily complex."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is transaction monitoring and for case management. We are customers of Nice and I'm the VP of compliance.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been using this product for regulatory reasons because it's a market leader in AML domain. It helps when we go to the regulators and can show them we're using a solution that is a market leader. It gives us comfort and gives the regulators comfort that our transaction monitoring software is up to scratch.

What is most valuable?

The case management feature is the most valuable. The case management tool is user friendly.

What needs improvement?

I think this solution is unnecessarily complex. The transaction monitoring software, SAM, in particular, is extremely complex.

An additional feature I'd like to see would be a good data quality monitoring module. Currently, we have to build our own module, our own functions, in order to monitor the quality of data which goes into Actimize. Actimize knows that if the data quality is not up to the mark, the solution doesn't function as expected. If they could build some sort of data quality monitoring module on top, which is inbuilt into their functionality, that would be really helpful.

I've been using this solution for close to five years.

If installed correctly, this is a stable product.

This solution is scalable. For the case management tool, which is a user interface, we have around 150 users.

I don't deal with technical support so can't comment on the quality, but I know a lot of technical support is required from Actimize. It's not a solution that is very easy to maintain. I know from our IT staff, that they have had to hire many past Actimize employees because it's just a very complex tool.

What other advice do I have?

I have experience with three softwares and I would recommend Mentor on top of Actimize. The technical component of Actimize is unnecessarily complicated. The solution requires a lot of testing.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Director at a printing company with 51-200 employees
Good at pattern recognition, good scalability, and capable of processing large amounts of data
  • "The core engine seems to be better than the rest for pattern recognition. It is able to process large amounts of data."
  • "It has become too complex for its own good with a lot of versions. They are trying to do too much. Instead of keeping it sort of traditional and keeping the core search engine as a standalone and having analytical bolt-ons, they have decided to jam it all into the same product, which made the product overly complex and difficult to implement."

What is our primary use case?

I use it for financial claims monitoring. I am using its previous version.

What is most valuable?

The core engine seems to be better than the rest for pattern recognition. It is able to process large amounts of data.

What needs improvement?

It has become too complex for its own good with a lot of versions. They are trying to do too much. Instead of keeping it sort of traditional and keeping the core search engine as a standalone and having analytical bolt-ons, they have decided to jam it all into the same product, which made the product overly complex and difficult to implement.

Their professional services group could certainly use a boost. Their QA process is getting better, but it is still not where it should be. Their release QA crew could certainly use improvement.

I have been using this solution for about six years.

Its scalability is good. They've got that covered.

Our clients are large businesses. It is used by analysts, and roughly, throughout the group, there are 3,000 to 4,000 users.

I would rate them a seven out of 10. They need to improve on the response time. The level two support is good. It is the level one support that needs a little bit of coaching. This is the struggle that pretty much every software development firm goes through.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

It is quite complex. It is not straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would go for it. With all the negatives, it is still the best in the market.

I would rate it an eight out of 10.