Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Solution Architect at Infosys
MSP
Data storage solution that offers scalability at a low cost and additional features compared to on premise solutions
  • "The file retention and object retention have been most valuable."
  • "Uploading files from the UI has presented some issues. When editing work and once you delete a file, it takes some time to recreate the same file."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to store images and Excel files.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to use an on premise file system and the maintenance of on a premise server is difficult. This is why we migrated to Azure storage. Using this solution has reduced our maintenance time and cost.

What is most valuable?

The file retention and object retention have been most valuable.

What needs improvement?

Uploading files from the UI has presented some issues. When editing work and once you delete a file, it takes some time to recreate the same file. If I have an ABC file and if I delete it and I want to recreate the file again with the same name, it is not immediate. There is at a least 30 seconds or one-minute delay.

Microsoft Azure Object Storage
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure Object Storage. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have been using this solution for three years.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution. We have specifically configured it for scalability.

We have reached out for technical support but not directly related to Azure Storage. We had a Logic app and we tried to connect it to Azure Storage. They provided a solution but it was not a limitation of Azure Storage and rather a limitation of the Logic app.

I would rate the support for this solution a nine out of ten.

Positive

The initial setup is straightforward. We had no issues with the deployment because we used GitHub Action, Azure DevOps, terraforms as well as AMS scripts to build and deploy. Deployment did not take more than a minute.

We have used a pricing calculator to find out the general pricing for our clients.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to those who already have an on-premise file system and who want to migrate to a cloud-native solution. This solution offers scalability at a lower cost and additional benefits compared with an on-premise file server.

Owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy to use and easy to deploy, but requires more AI and ML-based modules and better pricing
  • "It is easy to use, and we use it for backup and remote desktop access. It is working fine."
  • "They could improve AI and ML-based modules. They should add more modules based on artificial intelligence and machine learning. Pricing is a little bit tricky with Microsoft Azure. They do provide the estimates, but it is not easy to guess the exact amount that we will be billed after a month or two because it is based on usage. This is a little confusing."

What is our primary use case?

We are accessing remote accounting software by using this cloud. We are also using it for cloud backup and disaster recovery.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use, and we use it for backup and remote desktop access. It is working fine.

What needs improvement?

They could improve AI and ML-based modules. They should add more modules based on artificial intelligence and machine learning.

We have been using this solution for about six months.

It is not that good. Technical support of companies like Microsoft or Google is not that easy to get. There are many rules to get support from Microsoft.

The initial setup is straightforward. It requires a little bit of technical expertise. Not everyone can configure Azure. You will need some amount of technical skills or help from a Microsoft Expert. We have been using Microsoft products for many years, and that's why it is easier for us to implement. It may be a little bit tricky if you are not using the Microsoft environment.

We deployed it in ten days because we have to install our own software and do a few other things. Otherwise, it should take only one or two days.

We are integrators.

Pricing is always confusing for all Microsoft products. For this solution, they do provide the estimates, but it is not easy to guess the exact amount that we will be billed.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to go through the documentation first, and if required, they should get help from Microsoft Certified partners. If they are dealers, they should go for Microsoft Azure certification. It is very helpful in technical installation and deployment.

I would rate Microsoft Azure Object Storage a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure Object Storage
September 2022
633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SanjeetkumarSingh - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior manager at Wipro Limited
Great performance, good security, and lots of features
  • "Technical support has been excellent."
  • "We would like it if we did not have to use another encryption solution to encrypt the storage."

What is our primary use case?

Azure Object Storage is basically for storing files - if you want to process certain files. It's useful for if you want to keep images or some documents. I use it for that purpose as well.

What is most valuable?

We like the indexing feature.

The performance has been good. We haven't had any issues.

The security has been fine.

Everything we need is already pretty much there.

It is very scalable.

Technical support has been excellent.

What needs improvement?

We are not missing any features.

We've been using the solution for a couple of years.

It's reliable and it performs well. it's stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

It's scalable. We can increase storage as required.

Azure Object Storage is mapped with a user. It's mapped to the server for storing files and all. So IOPS storage, probably we can talk 20,000 to 30,000 IOPS.

We monitor the usage based on there being increases.

Technical support is very good and very sound.

Positive

There's not really an installation. It's a mapping solution. It's on the cloud.

We have a common cloud team. They do any maintenance. It's a common cloud team who provisions the server, who manages the storage, who assigns the storage to the server. They do everything. We don't have a separate team.

I can't speak to the exact licensing costs.

What other advice do I have?

As a cloud-based solution, we are always on the latest version. It stays up-to-date.

I'd recommend the product to other users and organizations.

Overall, I would rate the product ten out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
SyedIbrahim - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Technology Project Manager at a logistics company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Storage solution that is easy to set up with excellent technical support
  • "With Microsoft Azure Object Storage, they are an open market."
  • "The cost of support is always expensive."

What is our primary use case?

Previously, all of our mail processes and mail access were on-premises and we were facing problems with storage, licenses, and maintenance. Once we moved to Office 365 Microsoft Azure Object Storage, all of the headaches were reduced.

We are using the latest version with Office 365.

What is most valuable?

Most of the brands are certified coupled with partners, such as AWS and Oracle. With Microsoft Azure Object Storage, they are an open market.

What needs improvement?

Support and cost are areas that can be improved. The cost of support is always expensive.

They can be more competitive in their pricing and the data center doesn't compare to other solutions such as Google. Microsoft is still growing. In the Middle East and these areas, there is less support.

I have been using this solution for the last two years.

This solution is stable. We have not had any issues to date. There are still some issues with spam in the emails, at 2% to 5%.

This solution is scalable.

Microsoft's technical support is excellent.

We are using Oracle as well.

The initial setup is straightforward and it is not complex.

It is very easy to migrate all of the mail processes.

Knowledge is very important, which is why we used the help of Microsoft integrators.

Because we are in the partner's program, they connected remotely and resolved all of the implementation tasks. They do a complete inspection.

We have a separate package and pay extra for additional technical support.

What other advice do I have?

You can reduce operational costs and the cost of resources. It is easy to maintain, and I would recommend this product.

I would rate this solution a nine out ten.

CTO at Media Link Concepts
Reliable and secure storage, but the technical support should be faster

What is our primary use case?

We are currently evaluating this product. We have been able to explore certain things and are testing it. We are system integrators and we are not using it for our purposes but rather, for our clients. They have different applications, environments, and products, and we are looking to see if this is suitable.

Our clients want to use this for safely storing their data, and they would like high performance. At the same time, cost is an important factor for them. One of the things that they are storing is digital video.

What is most valuable?

This product is very reliable and all of the security that our client requires is available.

What needs improvement?

Technical support should be a little bit faster.

I have been using Azure Object Storage for one year.

In the time that we have used it, Azure Object Storage has been very stable.

This is definitely a scalable solution.

The technical support from Microsoft is good, although it could be a little bit faster.

As with everything from Microsoft, the initial setup is straightforward.

It took about two months for us to deploy for our client.

What other advice do I have?

Based on the requirements given to us by our client, this is a product that I will recommend.

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Chalermsub Sangkavichitr - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Data Scientist at PTT Digital Solutions Company Limited
Simple setup, easy to use, and responsive support

What is our primary use case?

Microsoft Azure Object Storage is used for storing pictures and sound from many projects I am involved in.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Microsoft Azure Object Storage is its ease of use.

I have been using Microsoft Azure Object Storage for approximately six months.

Microsoft Azure Object Storage has had a number of failures last week due to the lack of hardware available to support the resources. However, it was only for a short time, approximately two days.

The scalability of Microsoft Azure Object Storage is alright for what we use it for.

We have approximately 1,000 users using this solution in my organization. We have plans to increase the usage.

The support from Microsoft Azure Object Storage is good. When I asked for help they responded in a timely manner.

The initial installation of Microsoft Azure Object Storage is easy.

What other advice do I have?

My company uses most of the solutions from Microsoft. They received a discount because of the volume of solutions purchased. The policy of the company forced me to use Microsoft Azure Object Storage. I did not have a choice to use other solutions from other vendors, such as Google or Amazon Web Service.

I rate Microsoft Azure Object Storage an eight out of ten.

Owner at Might Resources Sdn Bhd
Reseller
Easily deployed backup tool that gives total peace of mind

What is our primary use case?

I use Object Storage as an object storage backup.

How has it helped my organization?

Object Storage has given us total peace of mind.

What is most valuable?

Object Storage's best feature is that it's easy to deploy.

What needs improvement?

Object Storage's integration with other backup software could be improved.

I've been using Object Storage for three years.

Object Storage is stable.

Object Storage is scalable.

Unless you subscribe to the paid services, Microsoft's technical support is average.

Positive

The initial setup was straightforward and took a couple of hours.

We used an in-house team.

Object Storage is cost-effective, and our license fees are about $200 per month.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Object Storage nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Operations Team Lead at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Portable and easy to use and integrate

What is most valuable?

Object Storage's best features are the soft delete option and the retention period.

I've been using Object Storage for a year.

Object Storage is stable.

Object Storage is scalable.

Azure's technical support could be better - they take a long time to respond, and issues get transferred to multiple engineers, so you have to repeat the whole story every time without getting any proper resolution.

Neutral

The initial setup was simple.

Object Storage is competitively priced.

What other advice do I have?

Object Storage is easy to use, very portable, and easy to integrate. I would rate it as nine out of ten.

Private Cloud