We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Founder at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Stops all ransomware attacks and is easy to manage
  • "The solution has a good management interface."
  • "Overall, I haven't found any ways the solution lacks in features or usability."

What is our primary use case?

One of our clients right now is using Malwarebytes for their endpoint security, and they were part of a security assessment we ran. This organization was hit by ransomware and therefore getting a solution specifically that addressed ransomware was of primary importance.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution was successfully deployed and so far has been able to stop all ransomware attacks, which has been extremely beneficial to the organization. The IT manager is also able to manage the solution easily. Our observation is that the company is getting the updates as it should be and it's functioning successfully.

What is most valuable?

The solution has a good management interface.

The fact that we are able to successfully deploy it on all the endpoints and the client has not had any recurrence of a ransomware event has been very good. It means that it's doing what it's supposed to do.

What needs improvement?

Overall, I haven't found any ways the solution lacks in features or usability.

I've been using the solution for two years.

Our impression is that the solution has a good reputation for stability and is a good choice. Sophos is our number one partner, however, we find that working with Malwarebytes is also fine. We would have no objections to somebody making the choice to use it.

The solution scales up just fine, especially for mid-tier organizations.

I can't comment on technical support. It's probably fine, however, I don't think we've ever engaged with them.

The initial setup was not too complicated. It deployed easily. I don't think there were any difficulties around implementation. The client actually did it before we were involved with them, so it must not have been too difficult.

The organization wasn't large, so the deployment only took about two to three days. It wasn't too lengthy. It went pretty quickly.

In terms of maintenance, one person can handle the job easily.

In terms of licensing, the solution is certainly comparable to other choices. I would say they're comparable to Sophos or Symantec among others. They'd be very close to each other price-wise. I don't think they're cheaper; I believe they're at a similar price point.

I'm not really totally familiar with all of their licensing choices, so I'm not sure if there are costs over and above the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

We've never resold Malwarebytes. We've just worked with customers that had already begun using it.

This is one of the best solutions for ransomware.

It deploys as one would expect, and it manages as one would hope.

It's perfectly fine for small to mid-tier organizations and I would say that it works as advertised.

I'd give them an eight out of ten. Sophos Intercept X is probably technologically more rigorous and it has some technical advantages for Sophos users in that that it can integrate with the firewalls and have incident response capabilities. However, Malwarebytes is perfectly fine on its own.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: consultant
Network Manager at a energy/utilities company with 201-500 employees
Outstanding technical support, robust, and can be deployed in five minutes
  • "The endpoint protection and response that allows us to restore a machine back to a pre-infected state are the most valuable features."
  • "They could come up with better reporting capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

It is a malware protection solution. We put it on every machine to protect the machine from malware.

It is a cloud product. In terms of the version, we have whatever they're offering or using. They don't do versions anymore because it is a cloud product.

How has it helped my organization?

We haven't had to use it. It is there in case we have to use it.

What is most valuable?

It is a pretty robust tool. It is also easy to use. They've done quite a lot with the interface lately.

What needs improvement?

They could come up with better reporting capabilities.

I have been using this solution for probably 10 years.

It has been very stable. We haven't had any issues with that.

It is very scalable. We have 100% usage, and we use it for every single device.

In terms of the number of users, there are only two of us who actually interact with the solution.

Their technical support is outstanding.

We have not used any other solution. This was the first tool that we used for this, and we've stuck with them.

It was very easy. It took about five minutes.

In terms of the implementation strategy, we just decided that we were going to deploy to every machine. So, we just created a policy to do so, and it just happened.

We don't ever hire integrators or consultants. They cost too much money.

For its deployment and maintenance, there are just two people. I'm the IT manager, and then I have an IT technician.

There hasn't been an ROI because we haven't had an event that would cause this software to do something. Therefore, at this point, it has just been a cost to us because we haven't gotten anything out of it.

Its licensing is annual. There are no additional costs beyond the standard licensing fee.

We didn't evaluate other options. At the time, Malwarebytes was literally the only tool. Now, there are others, but it was the only tool at the time.

What other advice do I have?

It is a fantastic product, and you should consider evaluating it. It is an easy product to use. We haven't had an incident where we needed to use it. So, I can't say for sure, but I'm making an assumption that the product will do what it needs to do when the time comes. Considering the overall management of the system and seeing what is being protected, it is doing a great job.

I would certainly rate it a nine out of 10.

Other
Learn what your peers think about Malwarebytes. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
565,689 professionals have used our research since 2012.
System Administrator at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Provides a level of confidence that no malware will infiltrate the system
  • "Being able to carry out a full scan on your system."
  • "Notifications are lacking."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of the solution is something I'm using myself, on my own computer. It sits in the background, works very well and does what you expect it to do. I'm using the free version at the moment but I'm considering getting the premium version because it's a pretty good product. My working environment is Windows, but my own personal preference is Mac, a Mac OS which I own. I have the solution on 24/7.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the scan feature. Being able to carry out a full scan on your system is a great feature, it gives you a certain level of confidence that everything's okay.

What needs improvement?

If the company was going to do something, it would be great if they could open up the free version to an app blocker that would block malicious applications. I don't think they would do that because they need to make money but it's what I would suggest they do. There's no indication on the system as to when the software is doing a scan.

Additional features they could include would be notifications. The solution doesn't let you know that it's scanning the system, it's all done in the background and it might be helpful if a little icon popped up and said, I'm just running a scan for you.

I've been using Malwarebytes for two years.

The stability has been great. I've had it for about 18 months and nothing has gone wrong yet.

In terms of scalability, whether it would be something that I would extend to an entire office full of Macs, or a whole company that was running Macs, I'm not sure. I would imagine on the basis that it doesn't have a particularly big memory or CPU footprint, that it would be ideal for scalability. You would only install it on one machine at a time, not on a server. It would be on the user's system.

I did the setup myself, it was very simple. I think it took maybe five minutes.

I didn't specifically evaluate other options but I did go through a decision analysis process to figure out the best option for me. I listed what I wanted from the software and then rated all the alternatives against my requirements. It was a checklist and the solutions that didn't pass got kicked out. That's how I ended up with Malwarebytes. It was about functionality.

What other advice do I have?

The product is a client on my system at the moment. I think it gets a lot of its information, its virus signatures, things like that, from a cloud service. I can see that it takes a second to download new virus signatures and things. It's obviously getting its information from their website, so the real intelligence is based remotely.

I would very highly recommend this product and would rate it an eight out of 10.

Assistant Executive Manager (IT) at lembaga zakat negeri kedah
Easy to install, good technical support, and offers effective monitoring
  • "The installation process is very easy, especially since it is on the cloud."
  • "The online reporting needs to be improved. Currently, we have to look at it online, and if we want to download a report, it just downloads as an Excel file. It's just raw information. There needs to be some way to better display it when it's downloaded."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a form of protection against attacks.

How has it helped my organization?

We've had threats from viruses before. This solution protects us from them and keeps our company safe.

What is most valuable?

The product is quite good. It offers a good amount of memory and it is easy to manage for our team.

The technical support is quite good. They're very effective at responding if we need their assistance.

The installation process is very easy, especially since it is on the cloud.

It offers a very straightforward system for monitoring.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful if the solution could integrate with Unbuntu.

Our organization has been using the solution for about three years.

We've found the solution to be quite stable. We haven't faced any issues with crashes and I can't recall running into any bugs or glitches. It's worked very well.

For our purposes, the solution is scalable - at least in our region. It doesn't require too much reconfiguration.

We've had a good experience with technical support so far. We've been satisfied with the level of service we've received.

The initial setup was very straightforward for our team. We didn't find it complex at all. I'd say that the team considered it to be very easy.

Deployment took about an hour and a half. You just need a PC and WIFI. In total, to get everything set up properly, it took us about a month. It took that amount of time to make it work within our environment.

We only require about two to three people for deployment and maintenance. We used two people to deploy and have three people on maintenance duties.

We did not use an integrator or reseller. Our own team handled the implementation in house.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and end-user. We don't have any special association with the company.

Malwarebytes provides the cloud for our organization. I'm not sure of the version number is of the solution we are currently using.

For a company with about 100 or more PC units, the solution is quite effective. It makes monitoring easy. There's also a lot of reporting that can be done, and the solution provides protection for a lot of applications including Windows and Zoom.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Other
Technical Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Secure, user-friendly, quite easy to set up, and able to prevent ransomware
  • "The protection is really good with Malwarebytes. It's also user friendly and quite easy to set up."
  • "They can include advanced scanning and improve reporting. I scan malware on the pen drive. Some more reports need to be added for that. It should also provide better protection because we have a new version of the malware."

What is our primary use case?

I am using it to prevent ransomware and malware. I am also using EDR, which means if the data is attacked, I'll be able to recover my data, that is, roll back the data and go to the pre-attack state.

What is most valuable?

The protection is really good with Malwarebytes. It's also user friendly and quite easy to set up.

What needs improvement?

They can include advanced scanning and improve reporting. I scan malware on the pen drive. Some more reports need to be added for that.

It should also provide better protection because we have a new version of the malware.

I have been using Malwarebytes for two years.

I don't have any problems so far. I maintain it myself.

I don't really use it on a daily basis. Because it's a power version, so normally, after I install it on a laptop or desktop, I just check the reports once in a week or month.

It is quite easy to scale because it's a power version. Currently, we have 25 users.

I've made some contact with support. I didn't have much need for support.

My previous endpoint protection couldn't prevent ransomware. One of my users had a ransomware attack. After I installed Malwarebytes, until now, it is good. It provides more security than the previous one.

It has an easy setup. It was quite straightforward and user friendly.

I handled the deployment on my own. It took me one to two hours.

It is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Malwarebytes because it's quite secure and able to prevent ransomware.  It has a good reputation.

I would rate Malwarebytes an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
Download our free Malwarebytes Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.