Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Jorge Costa Neves - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Advisor at Silopor SA
Its integration is the most valuable

What is our primary use case?

We use it to connect to some servers in our network. We also use a firewall from Sophos.

What is most valuable?

Its integration is the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It should be more stable, and it should have good integration with the cloud. It should support configuration, supervision, and control through the cloud.

I have been using this solution for the last one year.

Ethernet Switches
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about D-Link, Netgear, Cisco and others in Ethernet Switches. Updated: September 2022.
633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is not stable.

We have around 100 users of this solution.

We try to resolve issues by ourselves.

We used a switch from Nortel.

We don't install it ourselves.

The supplier did the installation.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this solution. We might not keep on using it in the future. I would rate D-Link Ethernet Switches an eight out of ten.

Rogerick Aban - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Technician at a consumer goods company with 11-50 employees
Cost effective and scalable

What needs improvement?

We Plan to switch from D-Link Ethernet Switch to Cisco products. While we have so far been satisfied with the former and consider it to be more cost-effective, we do have issues with its stability.

We have been using D-Link Ethernet Switch for upwards of 10 years.

The solution is scalable.

We have not opened any support tickets involving the solution, as we have not made use of technical support.

We have been using the solution for upwards of 10 years and so far so good. However, the majority of our switches are 100 Mbps, so we're looking to upgrade to one gigabit.

What other advice do I have?

While the solution is budget-friendly and reliable, someone who can afford it should go with a different brand.

When comparing D-Link Ethernet switches with those of Cisco, the port switch is the way to go.

I rate D-Link Ethernet Switch as a nine out of ten.

Download our free Ethernet Switches Report and find out what your peers are saying about D-Link, Netgear, Cisco, and more!
Updated: September 2022