We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Sai Teja K V
Anaplan Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Provides beneficial forecast models, good dashboards, and highly stable
  • "Anaplan provides 130 GB of cloud storage for organizations to use as part of their license."
  • "The solution can improve by providing an easier form of integration to different platforms, such as receiving data from different Salesforce. There is a process to do it through the use of some APIs but it could be made much easier. This would be a large help to us."

What is our primary use case?

Anaplan can be used for many types of planning, such as finance, supply chain, sales, and workforce.

How has it helped my organization?

My organization has benefited from the solution providing us with very good forecasting models. Additionally, there is a tool where users can go through different dashboards,  a feature called Dimension where you can use multiple dimensions, and the granularity is very good for us.

What is most valuable?

It is easier to implement for the developer teams and client users who are using it. For example, if a client is using thousands of Excel documents, it becomes very easy for Anaplan to do all of the calculations and move things around inside.

The flexibility is very good, it is easy to make new changes to the deployments.

What needs improvement?

The solution can improve by providing an easier form of integration to different platforms, such as receiving data from different Salesforce. There is a process to do it through the use of APIs but it could be made much easier. This would be a large help to us.

I have been using Anaplan for approximately one and a half years.

The solution is very stable.

Anaplan has been scalable, there are a least 40 domains where this solution can be used, such as OPEX and financial planning

In my organization, we have approximately 10 clients using this solution.

We are extensively using this solution in the project we are currently involved in.

We provide the implementation and the after the support of the solution.

The installation is not difficult but I would put it in the easy to medium level of difficulty.

The amount of technical staff required for the implementation and maintenance completely depends on the requirements of clients. There is some flexibility that comes after the first deployment, we can do enhancement for the same deployment instead of creating a new one.

We follow the Sprint method of implementation and it can take approximately two weeks. However, as previously mentioned the time is dependant on the client's requirements. For example, we are doing an update to enhance a previous implementation that will take approximately two months.

We are not the end-user to know if the clients are receiving a return on investment. However, I would conclude they have been receiving a good return on their investment because we are having an increasing number of clients and we are doing enhancements to previous deployments.

What other advice do I have?

I would strongly recommend this solution to others.

I rate Anaplan an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
Lead Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Great modeling features but limited visualization tools
  • "This product has a very good modeling feature, and its graphical representation of visualizations has also been valuable."
  • "The visualization tools in the product are limited in comparison to other reporting tools."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is to solve business scenarios, including sales and operations planning and compensation management for top FMCG clients and service provider clients.

How has it helped my organization?

Anaplan has eased a major pain point in mapping multidimensional data by combining all the necessary dimensions into a single tool. This makes it much easier for managers to understand the data coming in from their reps.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for about three years.

My impression is that this is a reliable solution that gets very good feedback at the management level.

We have something called Anaplan Connect, which is like an in-built Anaplan connector, where we can connect with our third-party data sources, and we don't have any issues, especially when we do an integration perspective.

My experience with customer support has been great, they are very responsive to any issues.

Before using this solution, I used to develop using Excel macro dashboards. I switched because while Excel is a bigger environment compared to Anaplan, this product is a tool created to achieve something, not like an enterprise package.

With Anaplan, setup is almost like solving a Rubik's cube - there are no book rules for the product. So the complexity varies depending on the business scenario and how well the people involved understand the logical requirements. However, the product's architecture is very simple, so the sync process happens in a matter of seconds.

Anaplan sell their licenses on a storage basis, which they call a bucket.

What other advice do I have?

I would personally recommend Anaplan, especially for anyone who is having issues dealing with bulk loads of Excel data or is experiencing pain in allocation or planning. Anaplan is a one-stop solution and does not require knowledge of a programming language - if you're familiar with Excel functions, that will be sufficient. I would rate this product as eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Anaplan. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
563,208 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Project Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Good support, comprehensive reporting, and supports a variety of business processes
  • "Technical support has been good."
  • "Automation needs to be built into this solution."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we take on support and integration projects. I provide resources to my clients and one of the products that they work with is Anaplan.

Anaplan is used for different business cycles. For example, in sales, we can use it for the ESD cycle, order-to-cash process, and the procure-to-pay process, to find the sales turnover.

Another use case is finding out sales demand and forecast.

What is most valuable?

There is a full set of reports available for sales.

What needs improvement?

Automation needs to be built into this solution. There are various cycles within the platform and I am not able to easily enter a single case.

Anaplan is a stable solution.

This product is scalable.

Technical support has been good.

The initial setup is straightforward. There is no complexity to it.

It is deployed with code that has been designed for Anaplan.

We integrate this product for our clients, and we also handle the support.

ROI is not something that I see in my role.

This is an expensive product and if the price were reduced then it would attract more customers.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this product is that they need the right partner to implement it. I am certified in Anaplan and I recommend that people use somebody who is certified. They will know the process and understand end-to-end business cycles, so it will be easy for them to implement.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Anaplan model builder at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Effective data analyzing, highly stable, and excellent support
  • "Anaplan is a three-dimensional cloud platform that is good for analyzing data, visualization, integration, terrific for visibility."
  • "The solution could improve by better dashboards and while entering the form loss and project implementation the ability to use graphical shapes more effectively."

What is our primary use case?

We use Anaplan for organizing and planning the data in a supply concept.

What is most valuable?

Anaplan is a three-dimensional cloud platform that is good for analyzing data, visualization, integration, terrific for visibility. Additionally, it is continually being updated and allows collaboration. When comparing it to Microsoft Excel, in Anaplan when you make a change to a sheet you do not need to make the same change to all the sheets as you do in Excel.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by better dashboards and while entering the form loss and project implementation the ability to use graphical shapes more effectively.

I have been using Anaplan for one and a half years.

Anaplan is highly stable.

The scalability is very good.

We have 15 model builders using this solution in my organization.

Anaplan has an online community group and if we have any technical problems they can provide us support answers within 15 to 20 minutes. Their technical support is very good.

I have used Microsoft Excel previously.

The initial setup was straightforward. it took us approximately 24 hours.

There is maintenance being conducted every month by Anaplan.

We are currently using a free workspace license for 90 days. We are satisfied with the price of the solution. There are additional costs if you want more storage, the default limit is 250 GB.

I have evaluated other solutions and Anaplan is better than other competitors out there.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Anaplan a ten out of ten.

Private Cloud