We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Zafar Muhammed
Machine Learning Software Developer at Freelancer
Useful features, great tool for developers, and reliable
  • "Edge computing has some limited resources but TensorFlow has been improving in its features. It is a great tool for developers."
  • "There are a lot of problems, such as integrating our custom code. In my experience model tuning has been a bit difficult to edit and tune the graph model for best performance. We have to go into the model but we do not have a model viewer for quick access."

What is our primary use case?

I am using TensorFlow for many computing projects, such as image data analysis, data compressions, and data processing.

I have used TensorFlow GS, TensorFlow for mobile, and TensorFlow Lite. The way things operate is changing from a server-side to edge computing and mobile devices. I have been working on how to reduce the resource usage, we have downgraded and should have good performance with the best accuracy in our machine and models.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

There are a lot of problems, such as integrating our custom code. In my experience model tuning has been a bit difficult to edit and tune the graph model for best performance. We have to go into the model but we do not have a model viewer for quick access.

There should be better integration and standardization with different operating systems. We need to always convert from one model to another and there is not a single standardized model output that we could use on different platforms, such as Intel x56, x64 based, AR-based, or Apple M1 chips.

I have been using this solution within the last 12 months.

TensorFlow is a reliable solution, but we have not explored all the aspects of TensorFlow. We have been building our customized applications, such as libraries, features, or functions. We only use the features that allow our application to work. Different areas need to be researched on a low level to make them more efficient.

We have been working on specific applications and any model built on TensorFlow can be applied to any scalable level. The solution has built-in scalability.

I have not needed to use technical support.

I did not require a license for this solution. It a free open-source solution.

What other advice do I have?

I rate TensorFlow a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Chief Technology Officer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
An end-to-end open source machine learning platform

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution out of personal interest — for AI. Our company doesn't use it too much. We tend to use OpenML, which is included in the OpenCV package, OpenML.

What is most valuable?

It's got quite a big community, which is useful.

What needs improvement?

I tend to find it to be a bit too much orientated to AI itself for other use cases, which is fine — that's what it's designed for. Personally, I find it to be a bit too much AI-oriented.

We have been using TensorFlow for roughly five years.

We haven't had any issues stability-wise or scalability-wise. I tend to use it with Python. It seems okay. It works fine.

The…

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution out of personal interest — for AI.

What is most valuable?

It's got quite a big community, which is useful.

What needs improvement?

We have been using TensorFlow for roughly five years.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would happily recommend TensorFlow to people who are looking to use it for AI. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.