Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
Muhammad Ali Aziz - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr Manager of Cybersecurity at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
User-friendly and customizable with great risk scoring feature
  • "InsightVM's most valuable feature is risk scoring, a formula based on different vectors like the ease of exploitation and the availability of the machine."
  • "InsightVM could be improved by providing passive scanning as an option."

What is our primary use case?

InsightVM is mainly used for vulnerability management.

What is most valuable?

InsightVM's most valuable feature is risk scoring, a formula based on different vectors like the ease of exploitation and the availability of the machine. It can be customized according to the customer's needs - for example, if they have an asset that is more vulnerable, they can adjust the risk score according to their infrastructure. It also has a very robust dashboard system and good integration.

What needs improvement?

InsightVM could be improved by providing passive scanning as an option. They could also introduce license packages for fewer than 128 users for smaller organizations.

I've been using InsightVM for almost five years.

Rapid7 InsightVM
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Rapid7 InsightVM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.

InsightVM is stable.

InsightVM has the option of implementing the scan engine separately, which helps with scalability.

InsightVM's technical support is very good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

InsightVM is easy to implement and deploy, even for small and medium businesses.

InsightVM's licensing starts at a minimum of 128 IPs and can scale up to over 1,000.

What other advice do I have?

InsightVM is easy to use, has a well-defined dashboard, and can be customized according to your needs. You can also segregate your assets and define IP ranges. I would give InsightVM a rating of nine out of ten.

Khizar Butt - PeerSpot reviewer
Regional Sales Manager at Securic Systems
Reseller
Vulnerability management solution that has a good distribution network and support in Pakistan
  • "Rapid7 have a good distribution network with good support and market presence."
  • "Some of our customers want to be completely cloud based, and Rapid7 doesn't offer this as an option."

What needs improvement?

Their channel program and the process of their deal registration could be improved.

Some of our customers want to be completely cloud based, and Rapid7 doesn't offer this as an option.

I have used this solution for one year.

This solution is fairly stable.

This is a scalable solution suitable for large environments.

We initially worked with Qualys and found that Qualys has a better reputation but it is expensive. Companies with bigger budgets and who would like a cloud solution, usually prefer Qualys. This is also because of the product maturity and the research they provide.

The challenge with Qualys is that they do not have any distributors in Pakistan. They do not have an on-premises product, which caters more towards the enterprise accounts in Pakistan. I prefer going with Rapid7 for this reason. Rapid7 have a good distribution network with good support and market presence.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to explore many options and look at the integrations available. My personal experience is that only implementing vulnerability management doesn't solve all of the problems. We also needed evaluator integrations that provide preventative measures.

Rapid7 InsightVM
September 2022
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Gerald Naude - PeerSpot reviewer
Security Engineer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Provides good discovery and prioritization of vulnerabilities; unfortunately no multitenancy feature yet

What is our primary use case?

We're mainly using this solution in-house for now and our primary use case is for Red Teaming. I'm a security engineer and we are resellers of Rapid7.

What is most valuable?

The discovery and prioritization of vulnerabilities is a good feature along with the investigation, the trials function. It's also user friendly.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not multitenancy and it would be great if they could add some of that to the platform.

The solution is stable.

It's scaled to the cloud so scalability is not an issue and it's pretty flexible.

I haven't used tech support. I've done all my troubleshooting online, it offers thorough explanations.

The initial setup is definitely straightforward.

There is an annual license fee which is pretty expensive because it's price per aspect. The pricing could definitely be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

If your company has the budget for this product, I would recommend it.

I rate the solution seven out of 10.

Head of Cybersecurity Assurance & Controls Director at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Poor reporting, lacking in features, but the technical support is not bad
  • "I have been in contact with technical support and they are not bad."
  • "The reporting is very bad when you compare it with other vulnerability assessment tools."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily using Rapid7 for vulnerability assessment and reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

At this point, we are not happy with Rapid7.

What needs improvement?

This product is for basic vulnerability assessments, only, and is lacking in features such as compliance, assessment, assets, inventory, and batch management.

I have been using Rapid7 InsightVM for five years.

I would say that the scalability is 50-50. It does not offer much in terms of being able to scale. We have approximately 3,000 users.

I have been in contact with technical support and they are not bad.

Comparing the price with the value that we receive, I am not happy with it.

We are currently looking to replace Rapid7 with another product.

Currently, we are working with Tenable Nessus and Qualys.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

Security Consultant at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Highly flexible, beneficial workflows, and accurate scanning

What is our primary use case?

The main use cases of Rapid7 InsightVM are finding configuration vulnerability checks and patching recommendations. These two are the main use cases that everybody's looking for.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Rapid7 InsightVM are the accurate level of scanning and the workflows are good.

What needs improvement?

The on-premise updates could improve from Rapid7 InsightVM.

I have been using Rapid7 InsightVM for approximately three years.

Rapid7 InsightVM is scalable. You could use it for as many assets as you like. It is very scalable and flexible.

The technical support is good in their knowledge, but they are a little slow.

The initial setup of Rapid7 InsightVM was straightforward.

I would rate the ease of setup of Rapid7 InsightVM a three out of five.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Rapid7 InsightVM an eight out of ten.

ParveshDhurmea - PeerSpot reviewer
Assistant Engineer at Harel Mallac Technologies Ltd
Plenty of options, reliable, and simple installation

What is our primary use case?

We use Rapid7 InsightVM mostly for VM management.

What is most valuable?

The solution is good because it has a lot of options.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by being more secure.

I have been using Rapid7 InsightVM for approximately one month.

The solution has been stable.

Rapid7 InsightVM is scalable.

I have not needed to contact the support at this time.

The installation is simple, it took us approximately six hours.

I did the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Rapid7 InsightVM a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Rapid7 InsightVM Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: September 2022