IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
IT Manager at a pharma/biotech company with 11-50 employees
Reliable hardware and good support
  • "Its hardware is really reliable. We also like Cisco for its support."
  • "Its accessibility and manageability can be improved. Currently, we have to visit the office to manage it. It should be manageable outside our network. I would like it to be on the cloud."

What is most valuable?

Its hardware is really reliable. We also like Cisco for its support.

What needs improvement?

Its accessibility and manageability can be improved. Currently, we have to visit the office to manage it. It should be manageable outside our network. I would like it to be on the cloud.

I have been using this solution for almost three years.

It is stable.
Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers
July 2022
Learn what your peers think about Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is scalable. We have around 200 users.

Their technical support is good. Their response time is also good. I don't have any problem with their support.

We were using HP ProLiant. After migrating to the Cisco network, we are using Cisco products. For our server also, we preferred Cisco.

The vendor installed the product. The vendor and our system administrator worked together. It took us three days to deploy.

Cisco is expensive, but we didn't look at the cost of the product. We were looking at reliability and support.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. When you hear the brand Cisco, you don't really need to recommend it. For me, it is the number one brand for network devices and servers. Cisco is always there in Gartner Magic Quadrant. I would rate Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers a nine out of ten. They just need the ability to be managed on the cloud.

Hilman Gunawan - PeerSpot reviewer
System Engineer at PT Nusantara Compnet Integrator
Easy to set up, good hardware abstraction, but it is expensive

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we provide to our clients.

What is most valuable?

What I really like about the Cisco USC Server is its service profile. They're using software abstraction, which means that the hardware is abstracted as a layer of software and managed by the UCS manager.

We have been selling Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers for approximately two years.

The product is quite stable.

The USC C-Series is a scalable solution.

I find the initial setup straightforward and easy. I don't know if I'm biased because I am quite familiar with Cisco products. It takes between two and three hours to deploy.

Two people are enough for deployment and maintenance.

This product is quite expensive and it would be better if it were cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers
July 2022
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Daniel Aramayo - PeerSpot reviewer
Implementation and Support Engineer at PRACSO S.R.L.
Highly scalable and fully customizable

What is our primary use case?

Virtual machines

What is most valuable?

The hardware customization capabilities are great.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a little more integration with VMware. They used to have a plugin, but it was recently removed.

I have been using this solution for three years.

This solution is both very stable and scalable.

Their technical support is quite good.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was very simple.

Yes, we have seen a return on investment with this solution.

This solution is a little expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others because it saves a lot of space and it's very scalable.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of nine.

Download our free Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: July 2022