CEO at Cyberapp
Beneficial enrichment security policy, good support, and suitable for all business sizes
  • "The most valuable features of Imperva SecureSphere Database Security are vulnerability assessment, enrichment security policy, and security"
  • "Imperva SecureSphere Database Security can improve something in all the versions I have used."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Imperva SecureSphere Database Security for database protection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Imperva SecureSphere Database Security are vulnerability assessment, enrichment security policy, and security

What needs improvement?

In an upcoming release, there should be a more simplistic way to learn the policy. The security policies can be complex, you need to know the attacks in order to give the portal a security policy. They should be more user-friendly to a level you do not need an expert.

I have been using Imperva SecureSphere Database Security for approximately 10 years.

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Imperva SecureSphere Database Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security is stable.

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security is suitable for small, medium, and enterprise companies.

The support of Imperva SecureSphere Database Security has good support.

The initial setup of Imperva SecureSphere Database Security is straightforward if you have the experience. If you are able to configure the solution well it can be implemented in one day.

The price of the solution is reasonable. The cost of the solution depends on the customer, they have the flex protect licensing which can vary in price.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is before they go and implement a database security device, you need to know exactly what you need. You need to do the right review on your network and see what is the case study that you will need in order to protect the database in the best way.

I rate Imperva SecureSphere Database Security a nine out of ten.

Deputy Director/IT Infrastructure & Security at a educational organization with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good in terms of stability, but it is expensive and would benefit from better integration with other environments
  • "This is a stable product."
  • "I would like to see integration such that there is support for different kinds of environments, such as on-premises versus cloud."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this product is as an application firewall.

What needs improvement?

The system reports vulnerabilities in my vulnerability assessment, but I need something to generate warning messages.

We have been using Imperva SecureSphere Database Security for more than five years.

This is a stable product.

We are not concerned with scalability because we do not have the need.

We don't speak directly with the vendor. We only call the managed solution provider.

We did not use another similar product prior to this one.

This is a managed service, so I did not handle the installation.

This is an expensive solution and the price should be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

We may or may not continue using this product in the future, and I may recommend it to others, depending on their environment.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security
November 2022
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Security Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reasonably priced, performs well, and stable

What is our primary use case?

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security is used to store data for if there is an emergency we can restore it.

What is most valuable?

The performance of the solution is good.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having more integration.

I have been using Imperva SecureSphere Database Security for six months.

The solution is stable.

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security is scalable.

We have three people in my organization using the solution.

I have not needed to use the support.

The installation is straightforward.

We have five engineers that do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

The price of the solution is reasonable and it requires a license.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Imperva SecureSphere Database Security a nine out of ten.

Product Categories