IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Database Security Specialist
Up-to-date inventory management and compliance
  • "The most valuable feature is the automatic reports on new databases, which gives us up-to-date inventory management."
  • "Sometimes the reports are cumbersome, and you have to drill down to get more information."

What is our primary use case?

I use SecureSphere to monitor our core databases and privilege operations by administrators, and to provide compliance reports.

How has it helped my organization?

In terms of regulatory compliance, one of the key requirements is to ensure that our core databases are monitored. SecureSphere allows us to generate details to prove that we're compliant with all requirements.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the reports are cumbersome, and you have to drill down to get more information. SecureSphere also sometimes needs a lot of maintenance to keep the agents running on the database. In the next release, Imperva should include a preventative solution that will stop an attack before it happens or read the behavior of particular accounts and act on it. They should also make SecureSphere available on mobile so that if an administrator isn't on-prem, he can access the solution via the internet wherever he may be.

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security
August 2022
Learn what your peers think about Imperva SecureSphere Database Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2022.
621,593 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using this solution for almost three years.

SecureSphere has been very stable until recently, due to the addition of new source databases causing performance issues.

SecureSphere is very scalable.

Imperva's technical support has been good. In the past, it sometimes took a long time to resolve an issue, but more recently, the responsiveness has been very impressive.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

Previously, we used Oracle Audit Vault, but its reports were a little complex, and their support was not so impressive.

The initial setup was straightforward, and the deployment took between one and two weeks.

Our deployment was done in-house.

SecureSphere has resulted in us receiving audit exceptions, especially from the final details, which is a big deal to my organization since we have to be compliant.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend SecureSphere to other users and advise making a dedicated team available to work on the solution and configure the correct set of policies so they can get value for their money. I'd give SecureSphere a rating of eight out of ten.

Deputy Director/IT Infrastructure & Security at a educational organization with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good in terms of stability, but it is expensive and would benefit from better integration with other environments
  • "This is a stable product."
  • "I would like to see integration such that there is support for different kinds of environments, such as on-premises versus cloud."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for this product is as an application firewall.

What needs improvement?

The system reports vulnerabilities in my vulnerability assessment, but I need something to generate warning messages.

We have been using Imperva SecureSphere Database Security for more than five years.

This is a stable product.

We are not concerned with scalability because we do not have the need.

We don't speak directly with the vendor. We only call the managed solution provider.

We did not use another similar product prior to this one.

This is a managed service, so I did not handle the installation.

This is an expensive solution and the price should be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

We may or may not continue using this product in the future, and I may recommend it to others, depending on their environment.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security
August 2022
621,593 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Rana Shahid - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Development Manager at gwc networks
A comprehensive monitoring and auditing solution
  • "It has a very user-friendly interface that's very detailed."
  • "Overall, it's a very good product but they could do with some modifications log-wise."

What is most valuable?

It has a very user-friendly interface that's very detailed.

What needs improvement?

Overall, it's a very good product but they could do with some modifications log-wise — it should be more comprehensive. Otherwise, 95% of the product is very good.

The interface could be more user-friendly.

We have been using this solution for roughly two to three years.

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security is both completely scalable and stable.

I don't have much experience with technical support, but when I have spoken with them, they have been helpful.

The initial setup was very straightforward; not complex at all.

Deployment time varies, but in terms of implementation, it's a very good product. There is no hectic environment during the implementation. It is a very straightforward implementation.

The price is very high but compared to the price of the overall solution, then I think it's a good deal because the solution itself is great.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution. It's a very expensive solution, but if you have the budget for it, I would definitely recommend Imperva Database Security.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Imperva Database Security a rating of nine.

Chairman & CEO at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
A stable solution with cyber intelligence feature for preventing threats to the database

What is our primary use case?

We use it to prevent threats to the database. It is like a firewall in front of the database servers.

What is most valuable?

The cyber intelligence feature is the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It is very expensive. Its price can be better.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is stable.

It is easy to scale technically, but it is so expensive.

We have about five administrators who use this solution.

Their technical support is very good. In a few situations, they took too long to respond. I would rate them a nine out of ten.

The initial setup is easy. It took us four weeks to deploy it.

It is very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to use a professional service to certify for the latest implementations. I would rate Imperva SecureSphere Database Security a nine out of ten.

Information Security Specialist with 51-200 employees
It is user-friendly, stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

It is mainly used for database activity monitoring. Some customers use it to monitor all transactions in the database, such as privilege operations, grant commands. They collect all the data and see all transactions and store them. Sometimes, they also use security alerts with the database update monitoring, but generally, it is used only for regulations.

What is most valuable?

It has a user-friendly interface. It is a stable and scalable product.

What needs improvement?

Its reporting can be improved. The reporting feature is currently not good enough for our clients.

I have been using this solution for about five years.

Stability is its main feature. There aren't any stability-related issues.

It is scalable.

I have contacted them. Sometimes, they are good, and sometimes, they are not.

The initial setup was really easy. It took us two hours to deploy.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Imperva SecureSphere Database Security a nine out of ten.

Security Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reasonably priced, performs well, and stable

What is our primary use case?

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security is used to store data for if there is an emergency we can restore it.

What is most valuable?

The performance of the solution is good.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having more integration.

I have been using Imperva SecureSphere Database Security for six months.

The solution is stable.

Imperva SecureSphere Database Security is scalable.

We have three people in my organization using the solution.

I have not needed to use the support.

The installation is straightforward.

We have five engineers that do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

The price of the solution is reasonable and it requires a license.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Imperva SecureSphere Database Security a nine out of ten.

Product Categories