Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more
reviewer1523535 - PeerSpot reviewer
IP LAN and Integrity Specialist at Chevron
Good scanning capabilities, impressive performance, low battery consumption
  • "I really like the application scanning feature that scans all of the installed applications, and not only what appears in the add or remove apps, and then reports the results in the console."
  • "Some configuration options inside the management console are a little confusing because the interface is not always user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We use SandBlast Mobile, integrated with our MDM for automatic deployment of solutions on our devices. This is for our corporate mobile devices, and also for BYOD (Bring your own device) cases. This works well for the users that want access to our corporate repositories for accessing information.

SandBlast is always monitoring their activity including the applications that are installed or they are trying to install, not allowing apps that are not 100% trusted, receiving logging alerts, etc., to take care of our devices and avoid their comprise.

How has it helped my organization?

SandBlast Is providing a real security approach, not only AV like other vendor solutions.

Continuously, we are monitoring the apps and rate them, obtain reports, etc., to see the security posture of the devices and apply compliance policies. This prevents users from installing fake applications or non-approved software.

It also monitors all of the user navigation inside the phone, controlling non-permitted connections like fake Wi-Fi, etc. It also manages the enterprise e-mail in a secure way to avoid unauthorized access from the mobile device.

What is most valuable?

I really like the application scanning feature that scans all of the installed applications, and not only what appears in the Add or Remove Apps section, and then reports the results in the console.

The performance of this solution is absolutely impressive, especially in terms of battery consumption. It has less consumption than I was expecting

It is a very stable solution that integrates well with the most standard MDM solutions in the current market.

It offers good support for Apple devices and multiple Android versions, which is quite important if you have a disparate set of devices.

What needs improvement?

There are more features for Android devices than Apple, but, think is more related to the Apple API than Check Point.

Some policies that can cause problems on the devices, like remediation, cannot be implemented by the administrator and are required to be done by Check Point. This is inconvenient because in some cases, we need a remediation policy immediately and we cannot wait for Check Point to implement it.

Check Point Harmony Mobile
September 2022
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Mobile. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have been using Check Point Harmony Mobile for approximately two years.

It is a stable solution and we have experienced no problems with our mobile devices.

SandBlast can scale without any kind of problems.

We have had no problems with the support to this point.

We did not use another similar solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is very easy. The cloud solution is easy to deploy and integrate with our MDM.

This was implemented directly by Check Point Professional Services. The team is very experienced with the solution.

This is a very expensive product.

We also evaluated an Intel security solution.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a very good solution that works as expected, although it is very expensive.

Other
Senior Information Technologist at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
User
Easy to use with zero-touch deployment and excellent assistance
  • "The other most valuable service so far has been the assistance provided to us by the Check Point Harmony mobile engineers. They have been so awesome and helpful to us during the setup process."
  • "It would be super helpful if there were more details around the risks that were found on our mobile devices."

What is our primary use case?

The Checkpoint Harmony mobile application is used to protect and eliminate our corporate iPhone users from malicious attempts such as phishing, malware, malicious websites, anti-bots, and harmful applications. Many users receive malicious text messages and emails prompting them for credentials such as corporate active directory details, banking information, or credit card information. It is important to protect our corporate data on all mobile devices by using Check Point's Harmony Mobile Application.

How has it helped my organization?

It has provided us with an easy-to-use solution that protects our corporate data on all our iPhone mobile devices. The easy-to-manage cloud-based management console provides us with details on the scanning status of our devices and reports all risks that are identified on the mobile devices. It is wonderful to be able to customize the many policies in order for the application to work at it's best for our corporate environment. The scalability has provided us with much protection and flexibility - and that is what we definitely need.

What is most valuable?

The zero-touch deployment system process has been the most valuable feature thus far. The ability to deploy and configure the application with the help of Microsoft's Endpoint Management (our mobile device management solution) has been seamless and has given us the ability to deploy with zero user interaction.

What needs improvement?

The area that I find could use the most improvement would be in the forensics section of the administrator console. It would be super helpful if there were more details around the risks that were found on our mobile devices. A simple click to find out more information would be excellent. Also, a reporting option would be beneficial as well. Maybe the option to send an email to the administrators when a high-risk vulnerability is found and also the option to run a monthly report to send to administrators would be great.

I've used the solution for about 4 months.

The solution is very stable; we have not had any connection issues with the devices reporting into the admin console.

The options to customize the policies are very beneficial.

Technical support is great. All have excellent customer service skills and stellar technical abilities.

We previously did not have a solution in place.

The initial setup was straightforward and the documentation was excellent.

We did an in-house implementation with support from engineers.

In terms of ROI, we do not know this yet.

I'd advise new users to be sure to get all information about the cost and licensing first.

No, we did not evaluate other options first.

Private Cloud
Check Point Harmony Mobile
September 2022
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Kirtikumar Patel - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Engineer at LTTS
Good support, facilitates secure access of company resources and working from home
  • "We have applied MFA so that no one can bypass this security and the users/employees can access their resources very easily, securely, and seamlessly."
  • "We can say that this is a very good solution but Check Point has to reduce the cost."

What is our primary use case?

We are a technology services company and our clients and employees are working from across the world. We have Check Point as a perimeter Firewall device in all our offices and all the devices are with R80.30 with the latest hotfix.

During this Covid-19 pandemic, we have enabled Check Point Remote access for our employees, so that they can access the office resources from their mobile device, home desktop, or laptop.

Now, they are able to access our resources from their own machine or remote devices and we can say that our employees are doing work from anywhere.

How has it helped my organization?

We have the Check Point perimeter firewall, which is in a cluster.

Our internal resources or applications we have published over SSL VPN and we have enabled remote desktop for those users who are working from home. This means that they are able to access our local applications and remote desktop.

This is also clientless, so users/employees can work from their mobile devices as well.

We also make sure that proper security is in place as well.

What is most valuable?

In Check Point Mobile access, we are using the SSL VPN for our onsite/work from home users/employees, and in this scenario, we have to secure our organization as well as our users.

In this SSL VPN, multifactor authentication (MFA) is one of the very good and valuable features for us. We have applied MFA so that no one can bypass this security and the users/employees can access their resources very easily, securely, and seamlessly. This feature is the most valuable for Remote Access

What needs improvement?

We can say that this is a very good solution but Check Point has to reduce the cost. The cost is huge compared to other products, and it seems this solution is only for companies with a large budget.

If Check Point can reduce the cost with all of the required security software blades then this product can be used by companies with a medium level of budget, as well.

We are using Check Point Mobile Access from April 2020.

This is a stable product.

This solution is scalable. We have 300+ users.

The technical support is good.

We did not use another similar solution prior to this one.

The initial setup is very easy and straightforward.

We had assistance from the vendor team.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good solution for WFX.

In the time that we have been using this product, we can say that there have been no major challenges or issues that we have faced. All of our clients' and employees' feedback is very positive and they are very satisfied with this solution.

They are accessing the company resources seamlessly, and we are also planning to better secure our clients. We are evaluating this feature with remote access, and it is effective.

Cloud Support - Security Admin at a tech company with 1-10 employees
User
Good provisioning and implementation with useful security capabilities
  • "We have had a lot fewer attacks thanks to this solution."
  • "The only language that is available is English."

What is our primary use case?

During this year, many of the users had access to applications and information of the company for which, being mobile devices, they can access the information from anywhere, which had to be covered with security to safeguard the company data, for which we obtained the use of checkpoint harmony mobile to be able to provide this layer of security in a simple way, customers were satisfied with the protection provided, simple policies and monitoring, logs and improvements provided for the security of both the company and the mobiles.

How has it helped my organization?

The security provided has helped us to shield the information accessible mobile from anywhere, this was a risk to vulnerabilities, which is why with the implementation of the Harmony Mobile Check Point solution it has been quite important to improve security.

With it, we have been able to establish policies for use, access and anti-malware protection, and modern protection so that the equipment is covered.

We have had a lot fewer attacks thanks to this solution, achieving the main objective.

Users are quite happy with the solution.

What is most valuable?

Check Point Harmony Mobile is a very good security tool, one of its best features is its agent, which is practically invisible to the user, does not disturb the performance of the equipment, is easy to implement, and generates incredible Check Point security confidence.

The costs are adjusted to the organization for each user that is implemented and really competitive for the features that are implemented.

It is essential to rely on a good vendor so that the provisioning and implementation of security are the best.

What needs improvement?

I feel that the way of implementing users in a massive way should improve, where we can easily load some Excel, which can provide all the users that are required to be implemented.

Also, the solution or support service must improve, its newer applications are a little more difficult for the support teams since they take longer to solve.

The only language that is available is English. The hours of attention are somewhat uncomfortable as they are generally on the other side of the world, which is why they are not compatible with Latin America.

We have used this tool so far this year. It has helped us a lot with the issue of controlling the security of both internal and using mobile devices since, through the agent, we can carry out this security governance.

It is our first implementation since previously we used antivirus but they did not meet the requirements of the company or modern threats.

It is important to always implement demo environments to test first before doing it in production so that we can have more experience when migrating it to the most important environment.

The cost is accessible.

We really do not doubt the capacity of Check Point. We validate reviews in addition to validating its characteristics, for which we are convinced of its potential. Check Point Harmony Mobile is one of the best.

Jonathan Ramos G. - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Engineer at ITQS
Good protection and integration capabilities with an intuitive implementation
  • "The use and management of our portal is easy."
  • "We know that for many companies, the management and administration of device and data security have been complex."

What is our primary use case?

Mobile device security is a top concern for our company today - and for good reason. In the new normal, remote workers increasingly access corporate data from their mobile devices, which means the company is more exposed to data breaches than ever before.

This product keeps corporate information safe by protecting employee mobile devices from all areas of attack: applications, networks, and operating systems. Check Point Harmony Mobile has enabled easy-to-manage, scalable security for any mobility management team.

How has it helped my organization?

Our companies have seen the need to give their collaborators the flexibility to work remotely yet the number of cyberattacks has increased in recent years due to the complexity of the administration and visibility of cross-device risks for security managers. This is where Check Point Harmony Mobile is supporting us very closely. With this solution, it is immediately securing the equipment that is connected outside of our organization and thus protects the equipment and data.

What is most valuable?

Check Point Harmony offers an almost intuitive implementation. The use and management of our portal is easy. It is integrating six security products in a unified way to protect all users, connections, devices, and access. Users get protection regardless of where they are, applications they access, or any device they use. Users face endless cyber threats such as malware, phishing, malicious emails, or ransomware zero-day attacks. In addition to detecting unauthorized use of SaaS applications and preventing data leakage, we get instant threat visibility.

What needs improvement?

Having a unified solution developed by one of the most reliable brands in the market gives our organization the peace of mind that data is safe anytime, anywhere.

We know that for many companies, the management and administration of device and data security have been complex. However, Check Point Harmony Mobile solves and supports is in all this with solutions made for this need. At the moment, I would not change anything; from my perspective, it is complete.

Something that could be improved is the compatibility with older versions. In distribution centers where Android devices with version 4.4.0 used, the solution gives many errors. In newer versions, the tool complies with its proper functioning.

I've used the solution for one year.

With the support teams, it is a bit complex due to the absence of support in Spanish. Also, the guides that the support service provides us in many cases are complex and make it difficult to solve problems.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

What other advice do I have?

Harmony is not only great security for devices, it is a great analytics network that protects us from various attacks and that you can try with a simple and easy-to-configure agent on mobile devices.

Other
alvarado - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Support Leader at a tech company with 51-200 employees
User
Shields mobile devices, offers good security, and has a great operating system
  • "Check Point Harmony Mobile has helped us a lot with security outside the perimeter through its mobile technology."
  • "Maybe the support issue could improve over time."

What is our primary use case?

We have used Check Point Harmony Mobile for approximately seven months. It helped us a lot with the mobility of the administrator users, their access to the infrastructure, and important company information. We managed to install a small agent on cell phones to provide more than necessary protection against current vulnerabilities without having great repercussions on mobile performance. That was incredible at the time of implementation.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Harmony Mobile has helped us a lot with security outside the perimeter through its mobile technology. We can implement for clients or users who need to work from anywhere and may be exposing the infrastructure or vital information of the company. Together with Check Point Infinity Portal, we have managed to centrally obtain reports and details of vulnerabilities found. It is very easy to implement and simple to use.

We'd recommend it for cases of mobility in which users require access to the network from anywhere and need to avoid any type of malware or suspicious application.

What is most valuable?

The operating system and device protection have been great.

It ensures devices are not exposed to compromise with real-time risk assessments that detect attacks, vulnerabilities, configuration changes, and advanced rooting and jailbreaking.

This feature really fulfilled its main objective of shielding the users' mobile devices and thus avoiding being the focus of an inappropriate entry or an exposure of compromised information. It really is among other features such as monitoring and reports was the one that most I liked.

What needs improvement?

Check Point Harmony Mobile is fairly robust and offers a safe application for any company.

Maybe the support issue could improve over time. Nevertheless, the willingness of the vendor to help us with the knowledge and proper implementation was enough to be able to do it correctly.

On the other hand, it is difficult to find the manufacturer's documentation for the newer technologies to carry out the best practices. I think it would be super good if they paid attention to that detail.

For the rest, there are no more problems.

We have used this implementation for at least seven months during the pandemic.

We had used other manufacturers in another company. I did not like their way of managing it. Check Point is really incredible. I would not change it.

I'd advise users to check a lot with a partner or vendor who can provide you with enough information about the products to fit your needs.

I did validate comments, reviews, and guides to make my final decision. However, I like this brand a lot for its technology and it ended up establishing itself in our company.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good option.

LeonWessels - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Security Manager at Telecommunications Services of Trinidad & Tobago Limited (TSTT)
We like the ability to encrypt transactions on all devices
  • "We like Harmony's ability to encrypt transactions between mobile devices. All the user's transactions are encrypted. That's an excellent feature. We can detect, quarantine, and address any issues in the handset itself."
  • "Harmony has more support for Android OS as opposed to iOS. You need a third-party MDM solution to integrate with iOS. If you don't have an MDM, your app can't scan on an iOS device. The solution can scan everything on Android. It sees all your apps."

What is our primary use case?

We use Harmony Mobile to protect our workers' mobile devices. There are about 300 users, including everybody from executives to regular engineers. We plan to increase usage, but we are waiting on an executive decision. They'll decide whether to cut costs or increase use.

What is most valuable?

We like Harmony's ability to encrypt transactions between mobile devices. All the user's transactions are encrypted. That's an excellent feature. We can detect, quarantine, and address any issues in the handset itself.

What needs improvement?

Harmony has more support for Android OS as opposed to iOS. You need a third-party MDM solution to integrate with iOS. If you don't have an MDM, your app can't scan on an iOS device. The solution can scan everything on Android. It sees all your apps.

We have had Harmony Mobile for about three years. We're both a customer and a partner. The partner is the enterprise division of our organization, and we are a customer, but we cannot purchase it ourselves. We have to go to a third party. Acquisition is more from the customer base, but my company also is a partner.

We haven't had any issues with Harmony crashing our system.

Deploying Harmony was straightforward.  You can deploy it using an MDM solution, but we didn't have one at the time. We deployed by email or SMS, and was relatively simple.

We explored the MDM part with Google but ran into some issues because the feature required for this integration requires an enterprise license. We have three staff members responsible for implementing and managing the solution.

The license was pretty reasonable. I don't have a figure right now, but I think it was somewhere between $10 and $30 per user.

We evaluated VMware Workspace ONE, and VMware also had an MDM that we looked at at the time. Even the McAfee MVISION right now also comes with mobile device management as well.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Check Point Harmony eight out of 10.

My advice for enterprises thinking about Harmony is to consider your device type. If your users are predominantly on Android, it's a good solution. If it's primarily iOS users, you might need to deploy an MDM before buying it. An MDM that covers both operating systems is a significant factor to consider. It will determine how easy it is to deploy it and how much control you have over the profiles.

Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Protects from data loss, is centrally managed, and helps encrypt devices
  • "The environment is managed and administered centrally in Check Point Infinity which provides a lot of stability with its other features."
  • "The service provided by Check Point at the technical support level is somewhat slow, and they only provide help in English, which limits some clients."

What is our primary use case?

In the company, our technical support department uses access to the company remotely to provide help or validations required due to their functions.

We required a tool that would provide us with protection for both Mac and Android mobiles outside the perimeter against any type of threat that compromises the company's internal applications. Thanks to this solution, we were able to deploy in internal applications owned by the user without causing any inconvenience.

What is most valuable?

Check Point Harmony Mobile helped us to cover vulnerable spaces in our infrastructure that were visited from mobile devices. One of the greatest advantages is its installation agent that is available through the portal. In addition to not requiring much mobile performance, it does not disturb the user.

It also has the ability to encrypt device units, avoiding loss of information in the event of theft or loss of the same.

What needs improvement?

The improvement point may be the costs. They could be lower. In addition to that, they could also improve the Check Point Infinity Portal. It sometimes responds slowly.

We would like this solution to have more public documentation since sometimes it is difficult to find it.

The Check Point Harmony security family is one of the most modern and powerful anti-cyber attack technologies in the world. We have been using this Harmony Mobile tool for approximately two years.

Previously, we did not use a technology like this. We needed to increase the security of the devices and we believed that Check Point Harmony Mobile was the best option.

It is important to have a Check Point provider or partner to help us with the costs since they are not public.

Before selecting a security solution, we always carry out a market study. Check Point seems to be the best option.

Hybrid Cloud