We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
PranavGupta
Assistant Manager at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
A stable and scalable solution, but should have better security and more knowledgeable tech support
  • "The solution is stable and suitable."
  • "The security should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use 21.2.1, which is the latest version of the solution.

The solution is already deployed and we use it for our customers.

The solution has different uses, depending on the customer, some using it for firewall protection and others only in its SD-WAN role. Different customers have different subscriptions.

We are talking about a managed solution. Say, for example, one has broadband linkage and 12X link. A separate structure would be required for these links. With our solution, we can create the traffic on both the links and it is auto-managed. We can select the best route. This way, if it seems that broadband link has dropped, the link will automatically be shifted to our next best route. There would be no need to deploy a firewall in it, as it is already embedded in our solution. This saves our customers from having to deploy the firewall.

What needs improvement?

The security should be improved.

The support could be more knowledgeable.

While I joined this organization just two months ago, my company has been using Versa FlexVNF for around a year.

The solution is stable and suitable. We have been using it for a number of years.

The solution is scalable.

The tech support does not have familiarity with its product. They could be more knowledgeable.

Installation took about an hour.

Only a single available person is needed, someone who will provide us with the internet over the site, the branch being used for the deployment. Otherwise, we need nothing at all, the internet at the branch sufficing for us to handle everything else on our own.

We provide subscriptions for our customers on a yearly, not monthly, basis.

What other advice do I have?

In our organization, we lend support to almost 300 different customers. This is in contrast to Fortigate, in which the number we are talking about involves 100 customers.

We do not use the product. We are its providers.

I would definitely recommend this product to others. An SD-WAN solution is appropriate for everybody.

I rate Versa FlexVNF as a six out of ten.

VishalKale
Deputy General Manager- Solutions Engineering at a comms service provider with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good security and ops features without the need to have a separate box
  • "There are great security and ops features without the need for having a different box for security."
  • "With the pandemic and changing work models, it would be ideal if the product more accessibility options or more diversity within the solution itself."

What is most valuable?

The solution is great at picking up orders.

What needs improvement?

The product would be better if they could think of more enterprise options. They need more variables and sizing models for larger clients.

We've been using the solution for the last three and a half years.

The solution isn't great for scalability if you have an enterprise-level organization. It's more for smaller companies and less so for larger ones. That might limit it for some users.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been pretty happy with it so far.

Download our free Versa FlexVNF Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.