Versa Director OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Versa Director is the #56 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give Versa Director an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Versa Director is most commonly compared to Zabbix: Versa Director vs Zabbix. Versa Director is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 15% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Versa Director?

Versa Director is Versa Networks’ virtualization and service creation platform that simplifies the creation, automation and delivery of services using Versa WAN edge software, FlexVNF. Versa Director provides the essential management, monitoring and orchestration capabilities needed to deliver Versa’s Secure Cloud IP architecture network and security software services. Services supported by Versa include routing and advanced connectivity to direct traffic across multilink WAN access and simplify control for SD-WAN with embedded advanced security

Versa Director was previously known as Versa Networks Director.

Versa Director Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Versa Director pricing:
"Having to buy separate licenses for the on-prem SD-WAN hardware and SSL VPN software makes Versa Director very costly compared to other solutions like Fortinet and Cisco."

Versa Director Reviews

Vice President Of Product Strategy at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Easy to define a variety of different policy constructs; could be simplified with regard to features

What is our primary use case?

We are looking at this solution as a means to get better management around our SD Wan functionality. The solution is used by our network teams. We're a large service provider and customers of Versa.

What is most valuable?

I think the most valuable functionality is some of the policy pieces that are quite useful. They make it a lot easier to define a lot of different policy constructs.

What needs improvement?

I think the one area that could be improved is that there are a lot of features. That is also an advantage but it makes things a little difficult. I'd like to see some simplification so that there is less bloat.

I've been using this solution for over two years.

Network Monitoring Software
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Versa Networks, Zabbix, SolarWinds and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: November 2022.
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is fairly stable but there's room for improvement. Our service provider handles all maintenance.

For the scope of what the solution is supposed to be, it is scalable and inherently, it does tolerate quite a substantial scale. I wouldn't use it on a service provider scale, but it definitely works for the enterprise scale.

I haven't had to deal directly with technical support because everything was done through the service providers.

The initial setup is fairly complicated, and there's quite a bit of work involved from a design standpoint, making sure everything is in place. We had a fairly small deployment, with a very small number of locations and I think it took a couple of weeks.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a six out of 10.

PriyankDubey - PeerSpot reviewer
Product manager at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly and simpler than its competitors
  • "Versa Director's best feature is the ease of configuration and customer and vendor management."
  • "Versa Director's deployment process is not the best."

What is most valuable?

Versa Director's best feature is the ease of configuration and customer and vendor management. Its UI is also excellent compared to Fortinet and Cisco.

What needs improvement?

Versa Director's on-prem SD-WAN hardware and SSL VPN software are not integrated, so you have to buy a separate subscription for the SSL VPN. In the next release, Versa Director should have local ports in each country they're active in for cloud-related SD-WAN as a service solution.

I've been working with Versa Director since 2015.

As long as your network and connectivity are stable, Versa Director will be stable. I have not seen any issues with stability in the time I've been using Versa Director.

Versa Director is scalable, upgradeable, and flexible.

Versa Director's technical support is good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

Versa Director's deployment process is not the best.

Having to buy separate licenses for the on-prem SD-WAN hardware and SSL VPN software makes Versa Director very costly compared to other solutions like Fortinet and Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

Versa Director has easier customer reports, utilization monitoring, graphic shaping monitoring, configuration, template shaping, and deduplication compared to Fortinet and Cisco. I would give Versa Director a rating of nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Network Monitoring Software
November 2022
655,113 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Team Lead at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable and scalable, with a good analytics feature and knowledgeable technical support that solves issues quickly
  • "The most valuable feature of Versa Director is analytics."
  • "What needs improvement in Versa Director is maturity because, from an operating point of view, it's not mature enough. You'll still need to do a lot of research on Versa Director, so if it could mature faster, that would be very good."

What is our primary use case?

We're using Versa Director to manage our SD-WAN boxes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Versa Director is analytics.

What needs improvement?

What needs improvement in Versa Director is maturity because, from an operating point of view, it's not mature enough. You'll still need to do a lot of research on Versa Director, so if it could mature faster, that would be very good.

Versa Director is a pretty stable solution.

Scalability in Versa Director is good.

Versa Director has pretty good technical support engineers that are knowledgeable and will figure out solutions to problems within a couple of minutes. However, Versa Networks needs to increase its support capacity.

Versa Director has a complex setup. It was challenging to set up.

What other advice do I have?

Versa Networks is good. My company has a good experience with Versa Networks, particularly Versa Director.

In my company, a team of seven people uses Versa Director, particularly network administrators and managers.

The solution doesn't require that much maintenance.

I'd tell others looking into implementing Versa Director that it has excellent SD-WAN architecture. It's a helpful product with good technical support that's making some progress. It's slow but making steady progress. Versa Director is a beneficial product for the environment my company has.

My rating for Versa Director is eight out of ten.

My company is a customer of Versa Director.