Veritas Data Insight OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Veritas Data Insight is the #11 ranked solution in Data Governance tools. PeerSpot users give Veritas Data Insight an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Veritas Data Insight is most commonly compared to Varonis Data Governance Suite: Veritas Data Insight vs Varonis Data Governance Suite. Veritas Data Insight is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 68% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Data Governance Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Veritas Data Insight?

Data Insight gives you the analytics, tracking, and reporting necessary to deliver organizational accountability for file use and security. Designed to manage the needs of organizations with petabytes of data and billions of files, Data Insight integrates with archiving and security solutions to prevent data loss and ensure policy-based data retention.

-Automate governance through workflows and customization
-Drive efficiencies and cost savings in your unstructured data environment
-Maintain regulatory compliance for information access, use, and retention
-Protect confidential information from unauthorized use and exposure

Veritas Data Insight Video

Veritas Data Insight Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Veritas Data Insight pricing:
  • "Licensing is based on the number of users or the usage in terabytes."
  • "It is my understanding that the license with one year of support is, per user, around 25 Euros."
  • "The price of Veritas Data Insight could improve, it is expensive."
  • Veritas Data Insight Reviews

Gurkripal Bobby Gill - PeerSpot reviewer
    System Engineer at Atea Norge AS
    A solid product that is transparent for administrators and useful for GDPR compliance and regulations
    • "Data Insight is a good product to do everything. It is kind of transparent to administrators. It is also a very good solution with regards to GDPR compliance and regulations. Veritas is a well-established company, and it has a long legacy. Veritas solutions have expected stability and flexibility. It supports most of the flexible solutions in the market and has support for data protection, data monitoring, and things like that. In these ransomware times, it is a very important company with good solutions."
    • "Its deployment can be a little bit complex. It should be easier to set up. The ease of use of this solution can also be improved, and it could have a cleaner, up-to-date, and intuitive GUI. There are a lot of competitors out there with much nicer GUI and easier setup. It should have a better connection with the cloud sources and much more monitoring. I would like to have a single management interface for on-premises and cloud deployments so that we don't have to switch between them. Its technical support can also be a little bit better."

What is our primary use case?

I am a salesperson as well as a consultant. Being a system engineer, I do a lot of installation work and other things.

We are a partner of Veritas, and we use Data Insight quite a lot. It is used for data protection. We also use NetBackup and SaaS Backup for Office 365

How has it helped my organization?

Right after the installation, some of the customers have found that certain kinds of files or content with PII shouldn't be on certain shares, and they have removed or deleted such files or content.

What is most valuable?

Veritas is a well-established company, and it has a long legacy. Veritas solutions have expected stability and flexibility. It supports most of the flexible solutions in the market and has support for data protection, data monitoring, and things like that. In these ransomware times, it is a very important company with good solutions.

What needs improvement?

Its deployment can be a little bit complex. It should be easier to set up. The ease of use of this solution can also be improved, and it could have a cleaner, up-to-date, and intuitive GUI. There are a lot of competitors out there with much nicer GUI and easier setup.

It should have a better connection with the cloud sources and much more monitoring. I would like to have a single management interface for on-premises and cloud deployments so that we don't have to switch between them. Its technical support can also be a little bit better.

Data Governance
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Veritas, Varonis, STEALTHbits Technologies and others in Data Governance. Updated: November 2022.
    655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is quite solid. It has been in the market for quite a long time, so most of the problems have been dealt with.

It is a scalable solution. Norway is not a very big market. It has more SMB customers. It is not like the U.S.

In our organization, we have 600 to 700 people. We have lots of plans for data protection this year. We are looking for a kind of MSP role. We want to offer backup and data protection as a service to our customers. Veritas is a good contender.

Their support could be a little bit better.

We have used governance solutions such as information map or studio, but there were not many governance solutions out there in the market when we decided to go for Veritas. Veritas was the only one, so we went with that.

Its deployment can be a little bit more complex than its competitors. The deployment doesn't take a long time, but you need to know what you're doing. You should have done it a few times.

In terms of the implementation strategy, you have to sit down with the customer and prepare a scope of work. You have to set the right expectations, and you have to sign off so that proper responsibilities are described for proper parties. You also have to document everything. After that, you have to wait for the delivery, and then you go and schedule your time to set up the solution. That's it.

Like all other solutions, you have to maintain this solution. You have to keep it updated and get it periodically checked, but it is easy. It is properly documented, which makes it easy.

Licensing is based on the number of users or the usage in terabytes.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We have confidence in Data Insight. Our relations with Veritas is also very good. We call each other, and we have good communication with each other.

I would recommend doing lab work before going to a customer. You must know this solution and its flexibility because it is different. It is not just a legacy solution. It is also very up to date.

I would rate Veritas Data Insight an eight out of ten. It doesn't have all the features available yet, but it is good enough for most of the customers.

MihaiAlexandru - PeerSpot reviewer
    Unemployed at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
    Reliable, easy to set up, and reasonably priced
    • "The stability has been great."
    • "The solution is not lacking any features at this time."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution in order to discover and place structure around data.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution allowed us to handle GDPR. We made sure we were ready and had storage optimization.

What is most valuable?

The initial setup was pretty simple.

In terms of stability, the solution is reliable.

The cost of the solution is pretty reasonable.

What needs improvement?

There's no need for much improvement. It meets our needs. The solution is not lacking any features at this time.

I've used the solution for around one year and a half years.

The stability has been great. I'd give it a five out of five rating. The solution is reliable and the performance is good. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We have about 6,000 people using the solution currently.

We've never used technical support. I can't speak to how helpful they are if there are issues.

The implementation process was straightforward. The implementation together with the internal rules took around two weeks to fully deploy.

I'd rate the implementation process a five out of five.

We only need two people to deploy and maintain the solution.

We handled the implementation with the help of a third party.

It is my understanding that the license with one year of support is, per user, around 25 Euros. The price is very good at that moment. I would rate it five out of five in terms of affordability.

What other advice do I have?

I'm an end-user. I'm not a partner or reseller.

I'd rate the solution a ten out of ten.

Data Governance
    November 2022
    655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Gerente Divisional at Tecnologia Especializada Asociada de México, S.A. De C.V
    One console deployment, high performance backups, and uncomplicated setup

What is our primary use case?

I am using Veritas Data Insight to make backups. For example, I backup Office 365, VMware, and Hyper-V servers hosts, and virtual machines.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Veritas Data Insight are the ease of use, one console deployment for the administration, and backups that can be done in minutes. It is a very fast solution.

What needs improvement?

Veritas Data Insight can improve the price.

I have been using Veritas Data Insight for approximately two years.

The initial setup of the Veritas Data Insight was not complex. We have a cloud in our company called Stratosphere and we use it in some scenarios.

The solution works well and we have received a return on investment after one year of use.

The price of Veritas Data Insight could improve, it is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Veritas Data Insight a nine out of ten.