Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention is #13 ranked solution in top Data Loss Prevention (DLP) tools. PeerSpot users give Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention is most commonly compared to Symantec Data Loss Prevention: Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention vs Symantec Data Loss Prevention. Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 54% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.

Download the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention?

Now more than ever, your data is on the move—whether it’s on a laptop, flash drive, or moving across physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures. At any point along the way, your financial data, customer information, intellectual property, or trade secrets could be lost or stolen. Securing this data is further complicated by several growing risk factors:

Rapidly evolving compliance regulations and mandates, including GDPR
Continued growth of workforce mobility
Employees using their own mobile devices and consumer apps for work
Rising frequency of advanced persistent threats (APTs) and data breach incidents

To avoid the embarrassment, reputation damage, regulatory fines, and revenue loss, today’s enterprise must be able to identify, track, and secure all confidential data from multiple points within the organisation and in the cloud without impacting employee productivity and performance. In the past, many organisations tried traditional data loss prevention (DLP) solutions but found they were too intrusive, too complex to manage, and too costly to acquire, deploy, and maintain.

Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention was previously known as Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention .

Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention Customers

Excite Japan, MEDHOST, United Way of Greater Atlanta, University of Florida at Shands

Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention Video

Archived Trend Micro Integrated Data Loss Prevention Reviews (more than two years old)

Technical Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Unstable solution with poor technical support
  • "There are no issues with the interface."
  • "Most of the functions don't work in the way that they are supposed to."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to audit the user's data transfer. We monitor the data that is transferred through USB or DVD.

How has it helped my organization?

It didn't improve the organization, The solution is plagued with bug with RD that is taking forever to fix them. Most of the function are what they are, INTERFACE, it's very unusable once deployed. It also crashed a lot of our Desktops and RD is unable to find the root cause . We had to have a Microsoft case opened to point the RD where it went wrong.

What is most valuable?

It's easy to set up.

It's priced well.

There are no issues with the interface.

What needs improvement?

This solution could definitely have fewer bugs.

Most of the functions don't work in the way that they are supposed to.

It needs a bit of quality control. At the moment, there are so many bugs that it is preventing us from getting this online. It's a disaster for us. This has been going on for half a year now and more issue created than fixed.

September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Broadcom, Forcepoint and others in Data Loss Prevention (DLP). Updated: September 2022.
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using this solution for a year.

This solution is not stable. It's unstable, it crashes a lot of our desktops. It was a nightmare.

Does not scale well.

The technical support is awful. It takes a long time to solve an issue. Basically, what happens is that they come up with a bugfix build that doesn't even work.

There is a lot of back and forth.

Cases get dragged on for a long time; two, sometimes three weeks, and sometimes months.

The initial setup is quite straightforward.

-20000USD at least in man hours and unusable subscription licensing.

It's relatively cheap so the pricing is okay.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I don't find anything useful about this product. It's a terrible product and I would not recommend it.

I would rate this solution a one out of ten.

MaciejNowakowski - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Support Manager at Loanme sp. z o.o.
We have experienced issues with encrypting disks and it has crashed when we try to log into our admin accounts
  • "The interface and dashboard are okay."
  • "It's hard for me to answer any questions about missing features. It's the outside companies who support us that manage this DLP solution at this moment."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it as a main management solution. Our support company handles it and they bought it to integrate and install. They are partners with Trend Micro.

What is most valuable?

The interface and dashboard are okay.

What needs improvement?

It's hard for me to answer any questions about missing features. It's the outside companies who support us that manage this DLP solution at this moment.

I've been working with the solution since I started with the company, which has been about one year.

The stability is currently okay. We don't have any issues with it. However, in regards to encrypting disks, we sometimes have issues where we need to rearrange the computer because we have some failures at the start when the PC boots up. When we try to log into our admin accounts in the past it's crashed.

We've been satisfied with technical support so far. Whenever I've opened up a ticket within our site support portal, they've contacted us directly to track and resolve the issue.

Our support company handles these aspects of the solution, so I can't speak about the implementation process.

Our support company handled every aspect of the setup for us.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at three out of ten.

We see many options and update our configurations to get more prevention options.

I don't have a lot of knowledge about the solution. I need to learn about it and to acquire some skills before I can really talk about its pros and cons. Currently, it's okay, but largely our support company helps us with the IT environment.

I don't know if I would recommend it to other companies.

September 2022
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Information Security Annalists at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Good policy specifications help to protect against theft of data
  • "The most values feature of this solution are the micro DLP features."
  • "Being able to specify an agent list, or client list, to allow support from outside of the organization, would be of benefit to this solution."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to protect our data and to ensure that it is not leaked by USB or other methods. We encrypt the data and make sure that it is not copied to other media.

We use an on-premises deployment model.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the micro DLP features. There are policies in place if I want to restrict the copying of records to, for example, a USB drive.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see support for agentless service in the next release of this solution.

I have been using this solution for two years.

The stability of this solution is good, but it could be better if they ran agents to review the issues.

The scalability is very good because this solution can be deployed in a virtual machine.

Technical support for this solution is good, and they provide answers on time.

They should provide additional and more detailed material on how to install this solution in-house, without the help of an integrator or consultant.

What other advice do I have?

Trend Micro DLP is the best in the market. They provide a very good service and we are happy with this solution.

RishiKumar - PeerSpot reviewer
Owner at RATHORE ENTERPISES
Recovers malware disabled network adapters from servers
  • "Trend Micro has improved my client's organization by recovering malware disabled network adaptors from servers."
  • "Trend Micro could be priced better, currently, it's a bit high. And there needs to be better after the sale, technical support."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case as the integrator and the reseller of Trend Micro is encryption and data loss prevention. We also use Trend Micro as an antivirus.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the total network, end-to-end, malware protection.

What needs improvement?

Trend Micro could be priced better, currently, it's a bit high. There also needs to be better after-the-sale technical support.

Last two to three years

The stability is okay, but sometimes there are a lot of challenges.

It's very good, productive.

We have 40 seats within the organization using this solution.

And maintenance is automatic after installation. I check everything every week. We haven't had any problems. We are planning on increasing the current usage.

The technical support, the after-sales-support, is not very good at all.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Deployment took about half an hour.

Licensing costs are every three years and there isn't an additional cost other than the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

The advice I would give to others who are looking into implementing this product is that I'm not sure that I will recommend this product. There are a lot of compatible products available in the market. The customer service and technical support are better than Trend Micro.

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best, I would give Trend Micro a 7 out of 10.

Technical Engineer at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Malware scanning and intrusion detection features enable us to find out who is on our servers and what they have done
  • "We find the malware scanning and intrusion detection most valuable for our server management requirements. We can find out who is on our servers and what they have done."
  • "I would like to provide improved network direction in order to regulate all of the user agents. We only use Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention to manage various threats and malicious user agents currently."

What is our primary use case?

We use Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention as a primary solution. We need to monitor and administer user accounts, in certain instances voiding contact as a solution for the flex server. We also use Microsft BitLocker.

How has it helped my organization?

We value the network diagnostic information of Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention. We value the anti-malware information provided by the software.

What is most valuable?

We find the malware scanning and intrusion detection most valuable for our server management requirements. We can find out who is on our servers and what they have done.

What needs improvement?

I would like to provide improved network direction in order to regulate all of the user agents. We only use Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention to manage various threats and malicious user agents currently.

They have all the features. They have all the requirements. They don't have the best price, so that is a problem. The price is forecasted to increase on the next release.

It's quite stable and good overall.

Scalability is good. We use the software across departments in our company, for technology, financial, HR, administration, IT, etc.

For deployment and maintenance, we currently use five people. Those people will do the network administration so we don't need an outside consultant company for this. In the future, we may increase our usage.

The customer service at Trend Micro will try to solve any issue that is presented. It just depends on how critical the issue is. All in all, I would rate Trend Micro tech support a nine out of ten.

We used Microsoft BitLocker, so we didn't need to uninstall it or run separately. We can use the two together on the network.

The initial setup of Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention is complex. If you have any complaints or issues, then you are required to go to the company for support. It took us around three months to fine-tune everything. That is the maximum.

We did not use an integrator company to set up the software. We did it ourselves.

Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention is not expensive. The licensing fee is affordable.

We also evaluated Symantec solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise anyone using Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention to ascertain exactly what the departments in their organization are and how many there are in total before launch.

This will make the process easier for deployment. Overall, I would rate Trend Micro Data Loss Prevention a nine out of ten. It is good.

Ketan_Patel - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Manager at Birla Century
The licensing and pricing of Trend Micro are comparatively low and competitive since they are offered in a bundle
  • "We are able to check the log and keep records."
  • "Needs a remote login option."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is to control and manage the data flow through the main system, along with the logs. We are using the DLP for tracking users' data flow.

My company has been using it for over year, but I have been using the solution for four months. We are using the latest version of the solution.

What is most valuable?

We are able to check the log and keep records.

What needs improvement?

Needs a remote login option.

They could offer more DLP features.

Less than one year.

The solution is managed through our central team.

For deployment and maintenance, we employ around three people.

We have more than 10,000 users.

The technical support is responsive.

We previously used Symantec Endpoint Protection, but Trend Micro offers more features.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was not that complex, because it was easy to understand the DLP features.

We used an implementer for this product. However, I was not part of the corporate implementation team, so I don't have any information about our implementation strategy.

The licensing and pricing of Trend Micro are comparatively low and competitive since they are offered in a bundle, especially compared to Symantec, which was has a relatively high price.

I am using this product and Symantec.

Trend Micro is more flexible. It also has a better GUI and reporting features.

What other advice do I have?

I seen other companies move from Symantec to Trend Micro in India due to the features that Trend Micro offers.

Download our free Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Trend Micro, Broadcom, Forcepoint, and more!
Updated: September 2022