We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Hitesh Bhandari
Network & Security Administrator at a logistics company with 501-1,000 employees
Stable, scalable and can easily be installed remotely or through dedicated tools
  • "The solution is stable and integrated into the system quite well."
  • "The technical support could have better response time."

What is our primary use case?

We use the latest version.

The solution handles all the necessary functions. These include machine learning, which is quite useful. The updates are constantly serviced and, as the solution is stable, it is updated daily.

What needs improvement?

The technical support could have better response time. It is quite time consuming and takes a day for them to get back to us.

I have been using Trend Micro Apex one for a couple of years.

The solution is stable and integrated into the system quite well.

The solution is scalable and its deployment varies with the server and license.

From the manager's vantage point, the solution has a straightforward setup for the user. It's quite easy.

The time the deployment takes is minimal, this process varying with the agent involved.

The installation can be done remotely. There are many options available, including dedicated tools for the deployment.

There are only two or three people needed for the deployment who are referred by the end user. They consist of managers, manager segments and engineers.

Our organization did not evaluate another solution prior to going with Trend Micro Apex One.

What other advice do I have?

We are talking about the smart scan, office scan.

The solution is integrated in the system quite well.

There are around 400 users making use of the solution in our organization.

I would, indeed, recommend the solution to others.

Trend Micro Apex One constantly provides us with updates and affords the systems good protection, so I rate it as a ten out of ten.

Product Specialist at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
Lightweight, automatically scans websites and email attachments, and easy to use
  • "I can run a full scan and it won't cost too much in terms of resources, which is good."
  • "I would like to see behavior analysis capabilities included."

What is our primary use case?

This product is set up on our company laptops and I used it to scan files to ensure there is no virus or malware on my PC.

What is most valuable?

Sometimes when I browse to a website, there will be malicious content and it will be pointed out by Trend Micro.

This product automatically scans my email attachments to make sure that there is no malware or any malicious code.

Another advantage is that the level of resources it consumes is not very significant. I can run a full scan and it won't cost too much in terms of resources, which is good.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see behavior analysis capabilities included. This type of module can effectively detect an attack, like ransomware. This is not something that I have at the moment.

The dashboard could be a little bit easier.

I have been using Trend Micro Apex One since I joined the company, six or seven years ago. The company was using it prior to that.

This product is quite stable and reliable.

There are between 200 and 300 users in the company.

Our IT department handles technical support, so if I need help then I don't contact the vendor directly.

Our IT department is responsible for deployment and maintenance. They follow ISO compliance and keep the product up to date.

Licensing fees are paid on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

This product is easy to use, doesn't consume too much in terms of resources, and has automatic scanning. Because of these features, I recommend it to other users.

Learn what your peers think about Trend Micro Apex One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
566,121 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Harun Rashid
Presales & Implementation Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Excellent and efficient end point security for enterprise companies
  • "I think this is the best solution in the category of endpoint protection, it's really excellent. It's better than McAfee."
  • "Could channel video more efficiently."

What is our primary use case?

I've installed this product for clients numerous times. Each situation is different but usually it's for companies with a minimum of 50 users. One client had 200 users of Apex One, another 500 and I also had a larger client with 1,500 users. It's an enterprise license. I'm a pre-sales and implementation engineer and our company is the Apex One local partner in India.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I think there could be improvement in a couple of areas, particularly with technical support and making the solution more user friendly. They could channel their video more efficiently and develop a root functionality solution control across all functions.

I've been working with this solution for two years.

It's a stable solution, no problems.

This solution is very scalable, it's great.

In general the technical support is very good, although lately I've been less satisfied with the local support here in India.

Initial setup is straightforward, it takes a day. Deployment requires between two and five people depending on the size of the company.

What other advice do I have?

I think Apex One is a very good product for end-users. Some of the features you get here are also available in Symantec which is a better package, but Apex One is a better end solution. Symantec and McAfee both have good solutions but Apex One and Symantec are the best for end point security. For singular implementation, Apex One management is great for application control and deactivation.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Anthony Jeyaraj
System Engineer at Connex Information Technologies
Easy to set up, good technical support, and the protection is always up to date
  • "The most valuable features are the vulnerability protection and virtual patching."
  • "The reports are not eye-catching from the customer's point of view, which is something that should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Trend Micro Apex One is one of the products that we implement for our customers. It is used for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

This solution scans for vulnerabilities that can originate from anywhere around the world.

This is a product that is always up to date.

Integration with third-party products is supported.

What needs improvement?

The reports are not eye-catching from the customer's point of view, which is something that should be improved.

We have been working with Apex One for three years.

We have had no complaints from our customers about stability.

Our customers are satisfied with the scalability of Apex One.

The support provided by Trend Micro is very good. We have had no issues with them.

We have worked with Carbon Black and their solutions do not compare with Trend Micro.

The initial setup is straightforward. The length of time required for deployment depends on the customer's environment and what other products they have. The average time to deploy Apex One is about two and a half months, which includes integration, client setup, and other things.

Our clients generally do not have to do any maintenance because everything is updated through the Trend Micro Smart Protection Server.

What other advice do I have?

This is definitely a product that I recommend. That said, there is no product on the market that is 100%.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
SandeepMohan
Executive at a manufacturing company with 11-50 employees
Mature, easy to use, and the behavior monitoring is helpful
  • "The most valuable feature is the behavior monitoring."
  • "When I was setting this up for one of my clients, I was not able to deploy the DLP."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Apex One is one of the products that we provide to our customers. It is used as part of a security and antivirus solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the behavior monitoring.

The interface is user-friendly. Even people without IT experience can easily make use of machine learning or predictive analytics.

What needs improvement?

When I was setting this up for one of my clients, I was not able to deploy the DLP. It was not working and I think that this area is in need of improvement.

Our team has been working with Apex One for almost two and a half years, although I have been working with it myself for between six and seven months.

Our customers are very satisfied with the stability and the product overall.

I have 20 to 30 clients who use this product.

The technical support is very good, although it takes some time to get connected to them. Once they are available then the support is fine.

We have been using Apex One since it was the OfficeScan product. We are currently in the process of upgrading and we are having some issues with the process. We would like a better solution but they are not providing one for us.

The deployment takes between two and two and a half hours.

We handle the deployment for our customers.

What other advice do I have?

This is a mature product that is nice to use.

Manager at a non-profit with 1,001-5,000 employees
The cloud model allowed us to decommission our servers and consolidate
  • "Before Apex One, we used OfficeScan, which Trend Micro acquired, but it was on-prem. We were managing three or four anti-virus solutions. Apex One's cloud model allowed us to decommission the on-prem servers and consolidate. We get all the same features, and everything is upgraded automatically, so we only need to use the software."
  • "I don't give it a perfect 10 because of the Active Directory integration. It would make things easier if the Active Directory were integrated more seamlessly."

What is our primary use case?

We use Apex One for endpoint security on our laptops, desktops, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

Before Apex One, we used OfficeScan, which Trend Micro acquired, but it was on-prem. We were managing three or four anti-virus solutions. Apex One's cloud model allowed us to decommission the on-prem servers and consolidate. We get all the same features, and everything is upgraded automatically, so we only need to use the software.

Trend Micro only launched Apex One maybe two or three years ago, and we've been using it for about a year or so.

Apex One is stable.

Apex One is scalable.

Setting up Apex One was straightforward. When we moved from on-prem OfficeScan to Apex One, that migration was also smooth. We didn't need to do much. Usually, on-prem to cloud migration takes a lot of research and planning. Apex One installation is practically automatic, so it didn't take that much effort. We migrated the endpoints from on-prem to the cloud without much manual work.

We had the help of an integrator. Our in-house team has about eight to 10 people plus Trend Micro's account manager and the integrator.

We renew our license for Apex One annually.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Trend Micro Apex One nine out of 10. I don't give it a perfect 10 because of the Active Directory integration. It would make things easier if the Active Directory were integrated more seamlessly.

Harun Rashid
User-friendly with good predictive features and great for endpoint security
  • "There's excellent data loss prevention to help prevent purposeful or accidental loss of data."
  • "Occasionally, the system may be a bit slow."

What is our primary use case?

We basically use the solution for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

The solution is a good product for endpoint security.

The product has so many wonderful features.

It is a user-friendly product for customers.

The solution has good smart protection capabilities.

The solution protects against any network security issues a client may encounter.

The predictive features are great. There are great predictive behavior analysis and monitoring.

Any unusual and unauthorized actions will be detected easily.

What needs improvement?

Occasionally, the system may be a bit slow.

I've been using the solution for about two years at this point. It hasn't been too long.

The stability is good. We never had any issues with it. It's not buggy and I don't recall dealing with glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is quite scalable. It's easy for a company to expand it out if they need to.

Due to the solution's general user-friendliness, the initial setup is not too complex. It's pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have any professional relationship with the company.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

Apex One is the best solution for endpoint security due to its many wonderful features, and fast data protection.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate the solution at a ten.

Bernd Speckbacher
CIO at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
Good antivirus support and reasonably-priced, but the reporting should be improved
  • "The most valuable feature is the antivirus."
  • "I would like to see better reporting."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product as our antivirus solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the antivirus. We don't use any of the other features.

What needs improvement?

For Trend Micro in general, I would like to see better technical responses.

We had a few issues with the former product (Office Scan - this is not an EDR product). We did not get any useful answer from technical support. As a conesquence, there is room for improvement as it comes to our future use of Apex One - let's see how this will evolve.

We are currently testing Apex One, formerly known as OfficeScan which we had been using during the last 6 years.

This is a stable product.

Apex One is scalable.

From what I can tell, the technical support is non-existent. I sent questions about search behavior a couple of times and didn't get any answer.

I have worked with Kaspersky in the past. The setup is very different from what we have now and it is difficult to compare, but I think that Kaspersky is a better product.

In the Kaspersky deployment, the company had a lot of sites and edge-caching was needed to distribute videos.

The deployment took place before I joined the company.

The price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Download our free Trend Micro Apex One Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.