IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

StreamSets OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

StreamSets is #19 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. PeerSpot users give StreamSets an average rating of 8 out of 10. StreamSets is most commonly compared to SSIS: StreamSets vs SSIS. StreamSets is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 74% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is StreamSets?

StreamSets offers an end-to-end data integration platform to build, run, monitor and manage smart data pipelines that deliver continuous data for DataOps, and power the modern data ecosystem and hybrid integration.

Only StreamSets provides a single design experience for all design patterns for 10x greater developer productivity; smart data pipelines that are resilient to change for 80% less breakages; and a single pane of glass for managing and monitoring all pipelines across hybrid and cloud architectures to eliminate blind spots and control gaps.

With StreamSets, you can deliver the continuous data that drives the connected enterprise.

StreamSets Customers

Availity, BT Group, Humana, Deluxe, GSK, RingCentral, IBM, Shell, SamTrans, State of Ohio, TalentFulfilled, TechBridge

Archived StreamSets Reviews (more than two years old)

Senior Technical Manager at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
The ease of configuration for pipes is amazing, and the GUI is very nice
  • "The Ease of configuration for pipes is amazing. It has a lot of connectors. Mainly, we can do everything with the data in the pipe. I really like the graphical interface too"
  • "I would like to see it integrate with other kinds of platforms, other than Java. We're going to have a lot of applications using .NET and other languages or frameworks. StreamSets is very helpful for the old Java platform but it's hard to integrate with the other platforms and frameworks."
  • "StreamSet works great for batch processing but we are looking for something that is more real-time. We need latency in numbers below milliseconds."

What is our primary use case?

It performs very well. The main use is to extract information from some of our Kafka topics and put it in our internal systems, flat files, and integration with Java.

How has it helped my organization?

It facilitates the consumption of the data in batch mode to the system where it is required. We don't do a lot of transformations or joining or forking of the information. It's more point-to-point connectivity that we implement over StreamSets.

What is most valuable?

The ease of configuration for pipes is amazing. It has a lot of connectors. Mainly, we can do everything with the data in the pipe. I really like the graphical interface too. It's pretty nice.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see it integrate with other kinds of platforms, other than Java. We're going to have a lot of applications using .NET and other languages or frameworks. StreamSets is very helpful for the old Java platform but it's hard to integrate with the other platforms and frameworks. StreamSets works great for batch processing but we are looking for something that is more real-time. We need latency in numbers below milliseconds.
Data Integration Tools
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about StreamSets, Informatica, Talend and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: June 2022.
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's pretty stable. StreamSets has been up and running up for months without any intervention in terms of the operations team. It's great. I don't know if they can implement some kind of high-availability. I really don't go deep into that kind of configuration because, with only one node and running as stably as it is, we have no problem with that. But for critical operations, I'd like to know if I can facilitate some kind of high-availability, in case one of the nodes go down.

It's pretty scalable.

I don't use support. I mainly use the community or web searches; self-learning.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for something to do batch processing in Java, this is the right solution. We did the exploration when we were trying to implement a batch processing system and decided that StreamSets is the best for that. If you're looking for real-time, you may want to look at another system or the next version of this one. Because of the kind of system that we need to implement with this kind of solution, the most important factors I look at when selecting a vendor are things like latency and real-time processing. I would rate it at nine out of 10. What would make it a 10 would be, as I said, I'd like to have more integration with other kinds of languages or frameworks and also more real-time processing, not batch.
Download our free Data Integration Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about StreamSets, Informatica, Talend, and more!
Updated: June 2022