Balaraju K - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Lead at 64network security pvt ltd
Reseller
it has the CFS agent, which isn't available in any other competing solution
  • "SonicWall has all the usual functions, like LAN configurations, security features, word filters, etc., but it also has the CFS agent, which isn't available in any other firewall. Reporting port support is also there."
  • "The thing main thing is that there's no user admin and in other firewalls, we can enable the scalable features, but SonicWall doesn't have that feature."

What is our primary use case?

SonicWall is for general security purposes.

What is most valuable?

SonicWall has all the usual functions, like LAN configurations, security features, word filters, etc., but it also has the CFS agent, which isn't available in any other firewall. Reporting port support is also there.

I also like the ability to manage all the firewalls from a single location. We can support all those things from this application. It's a cloud-based solution.

What needs improvement?

The thing main thing is that there's no user admin and in other firewalls, we can enable the scalable features, but SonicWall doesn't have that feature.

I've used SonicWall for about seven years.

SonicWall NSa
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about SonicWall NSa. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

SonicWall NSa is reliable.

It's cloud-based, so the scalability is good, and it's suitable for any size of customer.

SonicWall support is good. I rate it 10 out of 10.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

SonicWall NSa is easy to understand. The initial setup for any firewall is straightforward. Having a single console is also good. The deployment time can vary depending on the client's requirements, like VPNs, routing, policies, load balancing, etc. At most, it will take one hour. I rate it 10 out of 10 for ease of setup. After deployment, SonicWall doesn't require specific maintenance.

We are resellers, so the clients who purchase the firewall deploy it themselves. We provide support, too.

What other advice do I have?

I rate SonicWall NSa nine out of 10.

PhosikaSithisane - PeerSpot reviewer
IT consultant at LDC Import-Export
Provides security and basic protection for VPNs, but the cost could be lower
  • "I like this solution because we are focused on VPN and have many brands that need to link a VPN and have security, like ransomware, spyware, and basic protection."
  • "The cost could be lower. There could also be more flexibility for smaller companies."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is deployed on-premises. We're using the latest version.

There are around 3,000 users of this solution in my company.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The cost could be lower. There could also be more flexibility for smaller companies. The cost to maintain SonicWall is quite high.

After updating the firmware, sometimes the solution stops working. I had to do a factory reset and reconfiguration to solve the problem.

I have used this solution for about two years.

The solution is stable. I would rate the stability as seven out of ten.

Technical support isn't bad, but it isn't the best. Sometimes, we don't receive the answers we're looking for, so we have to look it up on the internet.

I would rate technical support as three out of five.

Setup isn't difficult, but it's not easy either. It depends on the experience of the person who is implementing the solution.

We use four people for maintenance. There's also a support team of three people.

SonicWall's technical support helped us with implementation.

We paid about 10,000 in our currency for one packet of SonicWall NSa.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution as seven out of ten.

SonicWall NSa
November 2022
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ICT Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
A stable and easily installable solution with good configurations, interfaces and user guides
  • "I like the solution's configuration, interfaces, and user guides."
  • "I would like to see better integration."

What is our primary use case?

Used as our Firewall and internet Gateway in our head office and branch office with site to site VPN configured

How has it helped my organization?

Improved our corporate security. we have bandwidth management configured, enable app control

What is most valuable?

I like the solution's configuration, interfaces, and user guides.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better integration, the easy of bandwidth monitoring.

We've been using SonicWall NSa for six years.

The solution is stable. We have not had any issues in this domain.

Good

I do have experience with technical support. The last time I interacted with them was fine. They handled and resolved my case.

The only other solution I have used is Cisco, although not as extensively as SonicWall NSa. This makes it difficult for me to compare solutions.

The solution is easy to install.

In-house

more than 85%

Cisco, FortiGate

What other advice do I have?

I do recommend the solution, although I have not compared it with other ones.

There are as many as 50 users making use of the solution in my network or gateways.

I rate SonicWall NSa as a nine out of ten.

Amjad Edris - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Support Engineer at Netco Security Solutions
Simple to configure and easy to handle and communicate with
  • "SonicWall NSa's most valuable features are the ease of configuration and the GUI."
  • "An area for improvement would be SonicWall NSa's integration with antiviruses."

What is most valuable?

SonicWall NSa's most valuable features are the ease of configuration and the GUI. It's a web-based application, so we can easily configure all we want in the browser.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement would be SonicWall NSa's integration with antiviruses. In the next release, SonicWall should include a wireless solution so we can implement the firewall in our networks and for wireless users and access points.

I've been using SonicWall NSa for about two years.

SonicWall NSa is a stable system that's really easy to handle and communicate with.

SonicWall's technical support is very responsive and helpful whenever we need support from them.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

Previously, I worked with PMG Firewall, but SonicWall has a higher level of compatibility, and the integration between the software and hardware gives us more speed in traffic and processing the data over the firewall.

The initial setup was easy - we could implement rules for mapping, network traffic, and network address translation easily on our firewall. I would rate the ease of the setup as four out of five.

What other advice do I have?

SonicWall NSa is a great choice for any growing company - it's really helpful, and it's suitable for networks with limited or unlimited users. I would rate SonicWall NSa as eight out of ten.

IT Staff at Holy Name University
Useful controls, scalable, and most features available

What is our primary use case?

I am using SonicWall NSa as a firewall for many of its functionality, such as intrusion detection and traffic control.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of SonicWall NSa is the control aspect of the solution.

What needs improvement?

The detection of malware can improve in SonicWall NSa.

I have been using SonicWall NSa for approximately seven years.

SonicWall NSa is stable.

The scalability of SonicWall NSa is good.

We have approximately 2000 employees and 6000 students using the solution. We have plans to increase the usage of the solution in the future.

The support is mostly online that we have received from SonicWall NSa.

I rate the support from SonicWall NSa a four out of five.

We did not use another firewall previously.

The initial setup of SonicWall NSa is straightforward. The full deployment took approximately two weeks.

We had an integrator do the implementation of SonicWall NSa for us.

I am the only one who maintains the solution.

What other advice do I have?

SonicWall NSa is a straightforward firewall appliance, and most of the features are available.

I rate SonicWall NSa a nine out of ten.

Darshil Sanghvi - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
Built-in storage, stable, but better reporting needed

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for network security in our branch office.

What is most valuable?

One of the main features is the built-in storage capacity.

What needs improvement?

The logging, reporting, and storage capacity size could improve in a future release.

I have been using this solution within the last 12 months.

The stability is good in this solution.

The solution is scalable. There are 200 people using this solution in my companies branch office.

The technical support was very responsive.

I have used SonicWall TZ previously.

The installation was straightforward.

We are on a three-year license for the solution. The price is inexpensive compared to other solutions.

We have evaluated Sophos and Fortinet, SonicWall NSa we found to be much better.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to those who have between 150 to 500 users.

I rate SonicWall NSa a seven out of ten.

Network & System Engineer at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
All-in-one firewall solution that enables us to do hosting and security

What is our primary use case?

Our use case is for firewall security. The solution is deployed on-premises.

What is most valuable?

It's an all-in-one solution. We can do the hosting and security all under one box. The UTM is a good feature.

What needs improvement?

The dynamics needs to be improved. The solution is not very compatible compared to the market products.

The solution is stable. We need only one or two people for maintenance.

It is scalable. We have around 100 users, and we have plans to increase usage.

Technical support is good.

Initial setup was easy. We mostly did the installation ourselves. One person is enough to complete the installation. Depending on the network, it only takes a couple of minutes to do because it's so simple.

What other advice do I have?

I would give this solution 10 out of 10. I would recommend it to others; it's a good solution.

Creative Head/Director at a marketing services firm with 1-10 employees
Offers user-friendly firmware and good customer support

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used as an IPsec tunnel and DDT.

What is most valuable?

SonicWall NSa has user-friendly firmware.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, features like App Control do not work properly.

I have been using SonicWall NSa for eight years.

SonicWall NSa is stable.

It is scalable.

SonicWall NSa has excellent support.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend SonicWall to anyone.

Download our free SonicWall NSa Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022