Team Lead at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Beneficial flexibility, useful accounting functionality, and widely used
  • "SAP Business One has many valuable features. It is highly flexible and has a solid background in accounting that is localized in a lot of countries. This makes it very user-friendly for a lot of different situations."
  • "There are a lot of good improvements coming out in every version. They release a new version every quarter, with all new up-and-coming things on each one. However, it might be lacking specifications for the specific verticals. However, SAP Business One is a generic tool. It's very widely used, and I understand why it's not into each vertical. There are solution partners available out there to give it those extra areas of what it needs, but this is depending on what kind of business you run."

What is our primary use case?

We use SAP Business One as a resource planning tool. You can manage your business with it.

What is most valuable?

SAP Business One has many valuable features. It is highly flexible and has a solid background in accounting that is localized in a lot of countries. This makes it very user-friendly for a lot of different situations.

What needs improvement?

I have been using SAP Business One for approximately 18 years.

SAP Business One
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about SAP Business One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable, I have no worries about using it.

The scalability of SAP Business One is good.

I am the technical support of the solution.

The implementation can be difficult if you do not know what to do. As long as you have a good plan on how to implement it, it's straightforward.

The maintenance of the solution depends on the size of the business that the solution has been implemented. You could have anywhere from one person to a full-blown team doing the maintenance depending on the size of the business.

If you are in the US or Canadian the costs of SAP Business One could vary per license, it can be anywhere between $2,000 tor $5,000.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is to know their needs and how they want to implement them. They will benefit by having a good plan on what is required in the solution.

I rate SAP Business One an eight out of ten.

Lilian Garcia - PeerSpot reviewer
Director of Strategic Projects at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
User-friendly, easy to implement, and stable
  • "All parts for inventory control, project budget, accounting, and business information are valuable. It is very friendly to obtain information. It is also very easy to make the changes that we need. We have a developer with us, and he can make the required changes or rules."
  • "There should be a portal so that our providers can give us their invoices. This is something that it is missing currently. SAP provides such a portal with SAP ERP, but it is not available with SAP Business One."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for finance, warehouse, and sales.

What is most valuable?

All parts for inventory control, project budget, accounting, and business information are valuable.

It is very friendly to obtain information. It is also very easy to make the changes that we need. We have a developer with us, and he can make the required changes or rules.

What needs improvement?

There should be a portal so that our providers can give us their invoices. This is something that it is missing currently. SAP provides such a portal with SAP ERP, but it is not available with SAP Business One.

I have been using this solution for two years. We implemented it in 2019.

It is stable. When you're using a public cloud, it can be a little slow, which depends on your cloud provider. In the beginning, it was very slow. We then switched to Amazon, and since then, we haven't had any problems.

I haven't used their technical support. We have a developer for any help.

Its implementation is really easy. The hardest part is to change the process flow of the company.

What other advice do I have?

We evaluate every solution very closely before purchase. It gives us what we need, and we are using all the features that we need. We haven't had any problems.

It is very important to go for a contract that doesn't include paying your public cloud provider's company for development. It will give you the possibility to make your own changes without having to pay your public cloud vendor. You need to check the contracts to ensure that you can make changes without requesting the support of the public cloud vendor.

I would rate SAP Business One a nine out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
SAP Business One
November 2022
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
VenkataM - PeerSpot reviewer
Deputy General Manager -IT at ROBO
Good financial management features and support but the integration needs improvement
  • "The most valuable feature of this solution is Financial Management."
  • "There is no dependency, the integration between the other applications."

What is our primary use case?

This is a complete production. We are manufacturers, especially in the manufacturing demand.

All of the production, finance, purchases, and different modules are being used in SAP Business One.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is Financial Management.

What needs improvement?

The billing functionality and the integration of one department to other departments are areas that need improvement.

The price for AMC should be optional for those who do not use it.

There is no dependency, the integration between the other applications. For example, if I implement any third party, the integration will be a little bit complex.

The scalability of the data load and other aspects will also be complex.

If you login to SAP S4HANA, it takes you a maximum of 20 seconds and with SAP Business One it will take a least one minute.

Bandwidth needs improvement.

I would like to see production integration included in the next release.

The organization has been using this solution for ten years and I joined approximately two years ago.

This solution is stable. It's perfect. We have not had any issues.

It's a scalable product.

We have contacted technical support and we are satisfied with them.

The initial setup is moderate. I can't say that it is straightforward but it is not complex, and it is not easy.

It's at a moderate level.

In terms of price, it's fair, but the problem is with AMC. We are not using any AMC support but we are still paying it.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate SAP Business One a seven out of ten.

IT Senior Manager at Viettel IDC
Helpful modules, highly reliable, but many modules missing
  • "The most valuable features of SAP Business One are the financials, sales, and production. They are very helpful. Additionally, it is very easy to use and the user interface is stable in the application and on the web."
  • "SAP Business One could improve project management, quality assurance, material management, forecasting, full costing, and quality control. Many modules are missing in this solution."

What is our primary use case?

Our whole business depends on SAP Business One for many aspects, such as sales, and financials. E\verything is done through the solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of SAP Business One are the financials, sales, and production. They are very helpful. Additionally, it is very easy to use and the user interface is stable in the application and on the web.

What needs improvement?

SAP Business One could improve project management, quality assurance, material management, forecasting, full costing, and quality control. Many modules are missing in this solution.

I have been using SAP Business One for approximately 12 years.

SAP Business One is a highly stable solution.

SAP Business One is scalable.

We have approximately 145 users using this solution at all levels of my company.

I rate the scalability of SAP Business One a four out of five.

The support from SAP Business One is good. However, sometimes they can be slow with their response.

I rate the support from SAP Business One a four out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup of SAP Business One was not complex. The migration from our older electric system was straightforward and took three to four months to complete.

We used a local consultant to do the implementation.

There is a license to use this solution and the price is good.

I rate the price of SAP Business One a seven out of ten.

What other advice do I have?

We are planning to migrate to SAP S/4HANA.

We use five people for the maintenance of the solution.

I strongly recommend this solution to others.

I rate SAP Business One a seven out of ten.

Software Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Plenty of features, priced well, and simple implementation
  • "I have been happy with the intern purchases, and finance, such as banking."
  • "SAP Business One could improve asset management, inventory management, banking system, and production. Additionally, SAP Business One did not deduct TDS, withholding tax on payments."

What is our primary use case?

We are using SAP Business One for finance, purchase, sales, and inventory management.

What is most valuable?

I have been happy with the intern purchases, and finance, such as banking.

What needs improvement?

SAP Business One could improve asset management, inventory management, banking system, and production. Additionally, SAP Business One did not deduct TDS, withholding tax on payments.

There have been some compliance effectiveness issues here in India. For example, in asset management, and business partner management.

In the next version of SAP Business One, they should add seemly integration and advanced functionality compliance.

I have been using SAP Business One for approximately six years.

SAP Business One has been stable.

I would rate the scalability of SAP Business One a six out of ten. The stability could improve.

I cannot rely on the complete functionality if I implement SAP Business One in my company. For example, if I implement Business One CRM and I cannot rely on it. It is the same with campaign management. It has some functions, but it's not 100% functional, which I can use for my company. We cannot only use this solution in my company because it lacks some functionality.

When you use the technical support you have to route through your implementation partner. Our implementation partner sometimes tells us that our issue or inquiry is not supported in the standard product functionality. He always rejects it. My experience with SAP technical team, it's not good.

The setup of SAP Business One is easy.

The price of SAP Business One is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate SAP Business One an eight out of ten.

Sr, I.T. Manager at Siddiqsons Ltd
Good accounting and finance features but needs to have barcode functionality
  • "You can scale the solution well."
  • "Some features are missing."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is very useful for manufacturing companies.

What is most valuable?

The most important features are the accounting and finance features. Everything leads to finance.

The initial setup is not too complex.

It's stable.

You can scale the solution well.

The pricing is good.

What needs improvement?

We have some problems around here, in Business One. It's hard to have separate models. We have to make multiple forms and have problems doing that. In manufacturing, we do not have things like the actual cost of the fabric, loss of material, the various costs of raw materials, et cetera.

Some features are missing.

We'd like to see the solution support barcode features.

I've used the solution for around five years.

The product is stable and reliable.

The solution is scalable.

We have 125 licenses.

There are some problems in technical support in Pakistan.

I have a big license for SAP Business One, one of the 20 licenses. And S4HANA's support in Python is not ideal. Our control team many times has complained due to the slow, slow response for Business One. If you upgrade the hardware, you should get more services.

We want to move to S4HANA as it has a better design.

The product does not require a complex setup.

The pricing is pretty good. We did not find it to be too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are consultants and have customers in Pakistan using it.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten.

Senior Consultant at Fair Trade company
Reseller
Fully integrated with good visuals and dashboards; lacks an advanced HR model for payroll
  • "It's fully integrated with great dashboard and interface."
  • "Lacks an advanced HR model with payroll."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of the product is for creating sales orders, checking inventory, creating searches, things like that. We are resellers and implementers and I'm a senior consultant.

What is most valuable?

I like this solution because it's fully integrated which means everything is connected. When we raise a sales order, everything is there so we don't need to go back to the purchase or finance departments to get what we need. They've made lots of improvements on the visuals and the usability in this latest version. The dashboards, interface and security are all amazing.

What needs improvement?

This is a relatively expensive solution and the cost should be reduced, especially now that there are competitors coming into the market. I'd like to see some advanced HR model with payroll, because it's lacking in this area.

I've been using this solution for five years.

This is a stable solution.

The solution is scalable up to 150 users which is fine for us because we're a relatively small company. Depending on the time of year, we have a maximum of 30 users.

We haven't had direct contact with technical support but some of our clients use them.  We tend to provide the support for clients in our region.

We're implementers, so the initial setup is easy for us.

We have a permanent license with an annual maintenance contract.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product but it's important to take your budget into account.

I rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Luis Guillermo Morales Kestler - PeerSpot reviewer
Gerente Informatica Corporación Arium at Arium Co
A solution with great sales and wholesale distribution features
  • "The sales and wholesale distribution are great."
  • "We don't have the functionality of the supply chain and mobile applications."

How has it helped my organization?

We are very satisfied with SAP Business One application. It is deployed on-premises. We reviewed the cost of cloud, and it is very expensive. We have about 200 users on-premises and plan to remain on-premises.

What is most valuable?

The sales and wholesale distribution are great.

What needs improvement?

We don't have the functionality of the supply chain and mobile applications and use third-party applications for this. We sell our products in little stores, and we need a phone to take the requirements of our customers, and the information goes to SAP. We have 15 warehouses to track picking, packing and all the processes in sales and the supply chain. So it is also essential to have good business intelligence.

Our problem is that we have five or six companies using SAP Business One, and when we need to have a disaster recovery plan, we need to execute a full backup of all of our companies. We need to have a backup for only one company, which is impossible.

Our technical support is from our partner in Guatemala City, and we don't need to scale the problem to SAP. Our partner has great support, and we are very satisfied with their service.

What other advice do I have?

I rate the solution a nine out of ten. We are concerned with the Web Client because it doesn't have the old features we had on a desktop. In addition, we need more flexibility in the authorization process for purchasing because we don't have all the information we need to approve. We need to navigate different areas for information, and we only need one screen with all the information for the approved process.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Consultant
Download our free SAP Business One Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022