IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ReadyAPI OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ReadyAPI is #4 ranked solution in top Performance Testing Tools and #12 ranked solution in top Functional Testing Tools. PeerSpot users give ReadyAPI an average rating of 8 out of 10. ReadyAPI is most commonly compared to SoapUI Pro: ReadyAPI vs SoapUI Pro. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is ReadyAPI?

ReadyAPI is an all-in-one automated testing platform that allows teams to create, manage, and execute automated functional, security, and performance tests in one centralized interface.

ReadyAPI Features

Some of ReadyAPI’s key features include:

• Continuous integration
  • Comprehensive dashboard
  • API discovery
  • Central, standardized reporting function
  • Plugin architecture
  • ReadyAPI Projects
  • Multiple options for scripting to create functional, load, or security tests

ReadyAPI Benefits

Some of the benefits of using ReadyAPI include:

• Easy and flexible test creation and execution: ReadyAPI has visual editors and wizards that make testing easy, saving time and simplifying onboarding.

• Test APIs continuously: With ReadyAPI you can run consistent tests on local environments, Docker containers, or other distributed staging environments.

• Team friendly: ReadyAPI enables software teams with the ability to easily share testing projects and artifacts, share licenses between team members, and report issues directly from the testing IDE.

• Powerful, data-driven testing capabilities: With ReadyAPI, you can save time by checking for numerous real world conditions.

• Supports multiple specifications, schemas, and protocols: ReadyAPI includes legacy SOAP services, microservices powered by Apache Kafka, and mainstream REST services, as well as IoT use cases leveraging MQTT. It allows you to test and virtualize the most popular API protocols and also to import APIs from specifications and schemas instantly.

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by Dell EMC Unity users.

PeerSpot user Vallalarasu P., Test Architect at a tech services company, states, “ReadyAPI is one of the best tools for API testing because they have made a single platform for functional testing, load testing security, and also service actualization. We also have virtual work that can be an add-in within ReadyAPI. For integration for CACD, they have something called TestEngine, which can also be an add-on for ReadyAPI. We use Python request library and things like that but if you're a bigger organization with hundreds of APIs, then ReadyAPI is a one-stop solution for complete API testing. If you consider TestComplete and other products for an equivalent outcome, you might get something nearly comparable, butReadyAPI is the outstanding product.”

An IT Manager at an insurance company says the solution has “Fast automation, less coding, and is pretty lightweight. When you are working in sprints, you need to have continuous feedback. ReadyAPI definitely helps in automating very fast and rapidly. We have less coding, and we can more easily define our assertions. We don't use it for full-blown performance testing, but normally if you are doing your functional testing, it gives you the request and response time. Anybody who is doing functional testing can see what the request and response times are and raise a flag based upon their business affiliates, that is, whether it is meeting their affiliates. You can identify this during functional testing."

Balamurugan A., Manager at a financial services firm, comments, “We like the user interface. The most valuable features are the integration with Jira and the test management tools.

They have interfaces with our performance tools, so we were able to leverage all of these integrations and plugins. It is very good from an integrative solution standpoint.”

ReadyAPI was previously known as Ready API.

ReadyAPI Buyer's Guide

Download the ReadyAPI Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2022

ReadyAPI Customers

Healthcare Data Solutions (HDS)

ReadyAPI Video

Archived ReadyAPI Reviews (more than two years old)

Program Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
MSP
Has the ability to combine it with different CI/CD tools
  • "It has the ability to combine it with different CI/CD tools."
  • "The performance in some cases needs improvement. Sometimes it requires too many resources."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to test services to have an understanding of what the request to the service should be and the response. We also use it for performance tests.

What is most valuable?

It has the ability to combine it with different CI/CD tools. You can see tests locally and then you can upload them through a type of digital environment and then they will be implemented, executed, built and deployed. That it is really convenient.

What needs improvement?

The performance in some cases needs improvement. Sometimes it requires too many resources.

It is stable. Even if crashes happen, it is very seldom.

Scalability is actually another really useful and convenient function of this software. It has the ability to pass tests on different machines. You need to have a kind of server on a machine. Then you can instal clients from the other machines and then the application does tests on different machines. It's really convenient as well.

It's used on a daily basis.

Their support can be a bit slow.

The initial setup was quite easy, it wasn't a problem at all. It took around half an hour to set up.

What other advice do I have?

The main advantage is that it could be integrated into different CI/CD tools. That is something that is really valuable and helpful.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

In the next release, they should make the ability to extend different functions a bit easier. We extend some functionalities and it's possible to extend the functionalities because you have the ability to add many interesting pieces by yourself to that API but it's not so easy. It would really help if they improved that.

MonoranjanGorai - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Manager - Technology at Publicis Sapient
A user-friendly tool for performance testing and creating mocks
  • "The most valuable feature of ReadyAPI is that it is user-friendly."
  • "Performance and memory management both need to be improved because other solutions use less memory for the same amount of data."

What is our primary use case?

We were using ReadyAPI for performance testing and creating mocks but there were some issues in terms of scaling, so we are no longer using this solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of ReadyAPI is that it is user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

We stopped using this solution because of issues with scalability. Performance and memory management both need to be improved because other solutions use less memory for the same amount of data.

I think that there was an open-source version, with a lower cost, then this would be a recipe to get into bigger markets.

I used ReadyAPI for about one year.

I think that this is a stable product.

ReadyAPI is not as scalable as other solutions, such as Karate. More resources, especially in terms of memory, are required for the same amount of data.

The scale does not only refer to the number of users. It concerns the applications and how often they make calls to different servers or mocks.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward.

The implementation was done by my team.

It took about a week to deploy because it involved more than just an installation. There was connectivity to configure and it had to be integrated with existing testing frameworks.

We migrated back to Karate about six months ago. It is more scalable and has more plugin features. There is also the point of cost because ReadyAPI requires licensing and Karate is open-source.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to people who need official support. For companies who have experts in open-source technology, they can avoid using ReadyAPI. I think that it would come down to the specific client, or project.

ReadyAPI
April 2022
Learn what your peers think about ReadyAPI. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2022.
596,970 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Testing Tool Expert at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Good code coverage and quality assurance, user-friendly, and helpful dashboards
  • "The dashboards are very good and consolidate all of the tests that you are performing with the client."
  • "If ReadyAPI had more integration with all of the big tools on the market then this would be very useful."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of this solution is to perform code testing. We can set up the environment, the representations, and the code coverage.

We have this solution deployed on a Windows station, on-premises.

How has it helped my organization?

With this solution, we have achieved a fifty-percent gain when it comes to writing test cases.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is SoapUI Pro. It is very friendly to use with the API.

ReadyAPI is not just a web service launcher, but a tool that can analyze results, for example from a dashboard, for tests that take a long time. You can see if there is a degradation in the service of the management system.

You will not find the coverage provided by ReadyAPI in other tools.

What needs improvement?

This solution is focused on web services, but it should be expanded to a complete test manager. For example, in the test suite, you can include a UI test, but this is with another tool. It is not fully integrated.

ReadyAPI is not fully integrated with all system ecosystem tests. If ReadyAPI had more integration with all of the big tools on the market then this would be very useful.

We have been using this solution for two years.

For what we have been doing, this solution has been ninety percent stable.

We are deploying it on a heavy client, and it depends on the infrastructure of our users. We did not deploy it on a virtual desktop. While it is very stable, it is not one hundred percent in our configuration.

We have between twenty-five and thirty people who use this solution.

Technical support for this solution is very good.

The only problem is that we are in France, and the support is in the US, so there is a difference in time that we have to accommodate for. That said, while they are on-site, they are very reactive.

Most of the time, we have to wait one day for support.

The deployment of this solution was very quick and simple.

This is a cheap solution when you consider the money that will be saved in testing.

What other advice do I have?

Third-parties have been developing integration with this solution. For example, JIRA has been integrated.

My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is to consider that they will save a lot of money, and there will be a reduction in errors from the use of external data or wrong parameters. The quality of their code will be better, so do not hesitate to buy this kind of solution.

Test Manager at a logistics company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Simple to use and the integration with Jenkins is helpful

What is our primary use case?

I am a test manager, and we have testers who are experts with these tools. We primarily use this solution for API testing and integration. We have an on-premises deployment.

What is most valuable?

The training for this solution is very good. The integration with Jenkins is good.

The interface is ok and they have the ability to re-load tests so that you can reuse them.

Overall, the process is simple.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a better dashboard for monitoring in the next release of this solution.

The reporting needs to be improved.

We have been using this solution for about eighteen months.

Some versions of the software have had bugs, but in general, it is quite stable.

Scaling this solution is quite easy. I had some problems migrating to the cloud, with Java, but overall it is easy.

We have about twenty users for this solution, although it depends on the project. Some projects have fewer users.

We have not needed to contact technical support.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free ReadyAPI Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: April 2022