IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Qualitia Automation Studio OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Qualitia Automation Studio?
Qualitia gives you simple step wise approach to quickly build your test automation and handle complexities easily with its unique scriptless approach. Qualitia gives you smart alerts and analysis to adopt changes effectively, making it agile friendly.

Download the Test Automation Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2022

Qualitia Automation Studio Customers
Springer, PTC, ZS, Shaadi.com, JDA, Cbazaar

Archived Qualitia Automation Studio Reviews (more than two years old)

QA Engineer at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Good Tool for Non Technical Users.

What is most valuable?

I find that the offline package feature is the most valuable to be able to port suites of test cases to other servers to run.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped us to make decisions on whether to release our software for GA. Helped during testing period to perform regression tests. Valuable testing tool if implemented in your team correctly.

What needs improvement?

Complete Mac Version of Qualitia.

Ability to run scripts on both Mac and Windows without having to change paths and test cases to make things work.

If you create an offline package and copy it to another server to run, you need to make sure that all of the drivers are installed on that server. If the package could include all of the drivers and point to that folder it would be easier to maintain other servers.

Emailing of report functionality would be useful

Recording feature

1 year

When using team city to run offline packages, Press Keys do not work, thus giving errors. If this was fixed it would help out customers who need to use these. Sometimes there are inconsistent results. Seems that sometimes being able to find an element fails, where as if I did it with selenium did not fail.

As far as the software goes, its never crashed on me, as far as test cases, like I said previously, sometimes I get false positives. (Does not happen often, but the reality is that it should not happen at all)

You are able to grow your suites/ projects to whatever size you please.

Great Customer Service

The Qualitia technical support group is the best part of Qualitia. From the moment we demoed the product, until today, they are available for help basically 24/7. Never once have I had a time where they did not help me solve a problem that they could help out with. Any feature request, they kindly brought up to management.

We used a product called Rapise at first (Part of Inflectra product line). This product conveyed inconsistent results when we ran suites. We could not count on it. We had demoed selenium before we demoed and purchased Qualitia, and decided that with the lack of programming/ development skills in our QA department that selenium would not be the best automation option. We decided to look at solutions that were easier for non technical QA members to use.

The setup was actually a little more advanced than I thought it would be. With the help of the Qualitia Technical staff, the process went smoothly. For a user to attempt the install themselves, they might have some issues. I attempted the installation on other environments and was able to install successfully due to the fact that I am a technical person, but a non technical person might experience some issues/ unclarity while installing.

ROI has yet to be determined. We have not calculated a real number yet.

I believe the perpetual license cost approximately $6,000 USD. The yearly maintenance fee is approximately $1200 USD. Currently we have 3 licenses. So $12k upfront and about $3800 USD Yearly. Close to $15 USD a day to use Qualitia.

We evaluated selenium (which is the best known test automaton tool on the market)

Qualitia does use selenium in the backend, which put us at ease while making a decision, knowing that selenium is being used.

What other advice do I have?

I think Qualitia's scriptless test automation tool is best used on teams that have Manual QA Testers who are looking to start to automate regression tests but are not very technical in nature. I think recognizing the overall strategy of implementing a test automation solution is extremely important when choosing a tool. If the tests are just going to be run from a local machine, then maybe a full solution like this is not what you need. But if you want to run tests on different servers and have them included in your build process, then a solution like Qualitia would help your team out. Just remember that Qualitia's technical support team is really something that will set their product apart from other similar solutions. They really do care about their customers success.

Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Unlike Selenium, it enables us to configure multiple test cases at once.

What is most valuable?

Qualitia is a complete test automation tool where you can configure multiple test cases at once. We used Selenium before and it was hard to configure multiple selenium test cases once a time for several projects.

How has it helped my organization?

Testing of our products at customer side is always hard. Our products can be pretested on local virtual machines BEFORE bringing them to customer side.

What needs improvement?

Licensing and missing import/export functionality was a problem. We had a license for our company but systems which should be tested where deployed on customer side. Easy import and export functionality would be great.

Almost 2 years

The tool had little problems with German machines. We got some patches to make it work.

Not yet

Not yet

Technical support was quick and helpful

We used Selenium. Qualitia is a test automation tool which was using Selenium at this time. So Qualitia brought us some speedup.

In House.

Test Automation Tools
April 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Qualitia Software, Tricentis, Micro Focus and others in Test Automation Tools. Updated: April 2022.
595,546 professionals have used our research since 2012.
QA Expert at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Speedy automation solution. Qualitia customized it for us and helped us win business.

We were early adopters of Qualitia in my previous organization.

The approach to automation is very intuitive for a new user. Having evaluated it against other tools, we liked the approach taken in Qualitia as it enabled speedy automation.

We liked the fact that we could ask for customization of the software to include features that we generally spend a lot of time in every test automation project, as part of 'framework' creation. And it was delivered to us in the same seamless scriptless experience.

The Roles capability also helped to propose and provide team structure that was optimal in the mix of resources with technical expertise vs. people with manual testing bend of mind.

The icing on the cake is the very capable Support team from Qualitia - they spent the night with us, at our company premises, to help in creation of test scripts that eventually helped us win a project!

Project Manager at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
Qualitia is a new generation solution for software test automation

Qualitia is a real credible script less solution for software functional test automation. With Qualitia, one can hope to realize all objectives stated for functional test automation in SDLC, which is not guaranteed with traditional test automation approaches.
Qualitia can help to drastically improve the productivity and reliability of test automation operations v/s adoption of traditional tools directly.
It's intuitive design makes it palatable to the functional, business users and hence reduces greatly the learning curve for new users/adopters.
They have highly talented resource pool to support during adoption.
The product will evolve further, however is looking like a matured solution already.

We considered few other vendors, but the approach for development of test suites in a script less manner did not appeal from scalability, and adoption perspectives.