Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

PingID OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

PingID is #7 ranked solution in top Authentication Systems. PeerSpot users give PingID an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. PingID is most commonly compared to Microsoft Authenticator: PingID vs Microsoft Authenticator. PingID is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.

Download the Authentication Systems Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is PingID?
IDENTITY DEFINED SECURITY PLATFORM delivers a unified, standards-based platform that can be deployed as SaaS, software or both and can scale to handle millions of identities. From multi-factor authentication and single sign-on to access security, directory and data governance, our capabilities work together to give employees, partners and customers secure access to cloud, mobile and enterprise applications, securing and streamlined everything from sign-on to sign-off and everywhere in between.

PingID was previously known as Ping Identity.

PingID Customers
Equinix, Land O'Lakes, CDPHP, Box, International SOS, Opower, VSP, Chevron, Truist, Academy of Art University, Northern Air Cargo, Repsol
PingID Video

Archived PingID Reviews (more than two years old)

CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Offers good support for multi-factor authentication
  • "The solution is stable. We haven't experienced any bugs or glitches."
  • "The solution should allow for better integration with other platforms and the UBT."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for access to cloud applications.

What is most valuable?

The support for multi-factor authentication from different sources is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to offer stronger support for the password-less authentication.

I've been using the solution for less than a year.

September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Ping Identity, RSA, Microsoft and others in Authentication Systems. Updated: September 2022.
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable. We haven't experienced any bugs or glitches.

The scalability is good. It's been able to provide us with enough scalability for our needs. We have about 100 users on the solution currently.

We've been in touch with technical support and have been satisfied with their services so far.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Our team handled the deployment internally.

We pay a licensing fee to Ping on a yearly basis. We don't have to pay an extra fee for technical support.

Before choosing Ping, we evaluated Okta.

What other advice do I have?

We use a hybrid deployment model and are using the latest version of Ping.

It's being used quite extensively in our organization, although I'm unsure as to if we have plans to increase usage.

If someone is looking for a solution that works both for on-prem or hybrid, I strongly recommend opting for the cloud. It's a simple implementation and the solution is quite interesting. There are a lot of integrations. The on-prem is not very easy to implement in comparison to the cloud but it's very good, and, for organizations with on-premise requirements, it's bound to be one of the top choices.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Service Delivery Manager at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
A very sound product that's stable and offers good technical support
  • "The soundness of the solution is its most valuable feature. For example, if you are in our corporate network, you can log on without any traffic interfering."
  • "If the solution is going to compete with Microsoft, they need to offer more unique functionality to keep their current user base."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as software for some of the applications.

How has it helped my organization?

The main reason why we use this product is to make sure that we can use our corporate account to log on to applications in the cloud. From that perspective, it helps us in our account life-cycle management. If somebody is leaving the company, for example, that account will be automatically deleted, which saves time.

What is most valuable?

The soundness of the solution is its most valuable feature. For example, if you are in our corporate network, you can log on without any traffic interfering.

What needs improvement?

The administrative aspects of the solution could be more granular.

I've been using the solution since 2015.

The solution is stable. The main thing we had in the past was data center issues before we migrated to MES, but the product itself is very stable.

The scalability of the product could be improved, especially in terms of configuration. We have about 140,000 users on the solution. Everyone in the company is currently using it.

Technical support is good. There has been no negative feedback from my team.

We previously used a solution called Sidewinder. We switched because we felt this solution was technically better.

The solution's initial setup has a moderate level of difficulty. Coming from another solution, we had a bit of a challenge making applications compatible. Full deployment took one year as we had to migrate our many applications.

We managed the setup ourselves, with the assistance of a system integrator. They were very helpful and did a good job.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

I'd warn that a company integrating the solution should keep in mind that if they have a lot of applications, the implementation will get complex.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

September 2022
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user786186 - PeerSpot reviewer
Project Manager at Raiffeisen Bank Aval
Enables me to securely connect to my enterprises or mobile device from anywhere
  • "It gets a mobility portal in place in conjunction with Office 365. It provides very good possibilities and it's much better than other technology that we have used before which was unstable and slower."
  • "They could use some bio-certification. It's just more user-friendly and more convenient than entering the one time passes. That would be an improvement."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for mobile one-time passwords and identity solution. Multi-factor authentification.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

Multi-factor authentification is the feature that is the most valuable because it allows me to securely connect to my enterprises or mobile device from anywhere.

What needs improvement?

They should promote more buyer's authentification, like a fingerprint or face recognition, something that's more convenient.

Less than one year.

It is stable.

It is scalable because now there are several thousand users already using it in our company. We have around 5,000 users using this solution.

We switched to Ping because it's more stable. It supports many platforms and devices for example, three devices are included in the license. In one instance I can use the laptop for example, mobile, and the iPad.

The initial setup was very easy. It took five minutes including downloading from the Google App store. You link it with your code and that's it.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise focussing on one solution because we do not use other solutions. This solution has functionalities that are enough so I would recommend to focus on one, and not try to integrate other solutions because it increases cost.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

Courtney Chenault - PeerSpot reviewer
Courtney ChenaultUser at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees

Hey there Roman, thanks for writing this review! Just wanted to let you know that you absolutely can use fingerprint/FaceID instead of OTP for MFA - just talk with your company's administrator and ask them to turn on that factor :) PingID is also FIDO2 compliant so you could leverage any FIDO2 device if desired. Thanks and take care!

Ankur Sharma - PeerSpot reviewer
Specialist at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
The auto-discovery feature is helpful, but the legacy applications remain an issue

What is most valuable?

The auto-discovery feature the most valuable. It helps us automate a lot of things using a single password across applications.

What needs improvement?

The legacy applications remain an issue. There also is a tendency for downtime and network issues. Also, it has a long way to go until it is a cloud-based solution.

It is a straightforward setup, but we did have some debugging issues.

Download our free Authentication Systems Report and find out what your peers are saying about Ping Identity, RSA, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: September 2022