IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Oracle CRM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle CRM is #2 ranked solution in top Marketing Automation tools and #4 ranked solution in top CRM tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle CRM an average rating of 8 out of 10. Oracle CRM is most commonly compared to Siebel CRM: Oracle CRM vs Siebel CRM. Oracle CRM is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 68% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.

Download the CRM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Oracle CRM?

On demand CRM with contextual intelligence, adaptive business planning, and analytics. Supports cloud integration with Outlook and mobile devices, as well as sales and marketing applications. Multi-tenancy or single-tenancy options available.

Oracle CRM was previously known as Market2Lead.

Oracle CRM Customers

Turk Telekom, yoo Ltd , Mobilitec, Sanipex Group, ec4u expert consulting AG, Hover Automotive India Pvt. Ltd., Lawn Tennis Association, Geodis, Freedom Technology

Oracle CRM Video

Oracle CRM Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle CRM pricing:
  • "We were able to get a ten-year contract for a very good discount with our three platforms together with Oracle."
  • "The costing for this solution is very high. It targets top tier companies. This solution can be split up into multiple modules to cater to the low tier customers."
  • "Every year, we have new users, and we get new licenses. It depends on various things such as the number of users and expansion of our business lines."
  • "It is not cheap. It is more suitable for big companies."
  • "The pricing for licensing is pretty expensive. If you need one particular feature it becomes expensive to have to continue paying for it."
  • "We have annual licenses to use this solution that are quite expensive. For example, we have approximately four types of licenses and we have one annual contract for the number of licenses we use for Oracle CRM and the loyalty system."
  • Oracle CRM Reviews

CRM /CX Business Analyst, Solutions Consultant & PM
    Straightforward to set up with good modules and excellent support
    • "For the most part, the solution is straightforward."
    • "I'd like to see more feature enhancements."

What is our primary use case?

While using CRM I was a consultant making business analysis, high-level analysis making the implementation, and training the users on how to use the application. I was also doing testing and go-live with the production. I'd use it for requirement gathering from the customer and then map it to the application, implement it, fill the gaps, and make some workarounds. Sometimes we needed to use some development and then we tested it and put it live.

What is most valuable?

According to the business requirement itself, it must be valuable. It has good sales, marketing, and service aspects that we appreciate. We believe that Oracle is the most powerful service module over other products. It offers good customization.  For the most part, the solution is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

In service, especially in contracts and with Field Service with integration with the spare parts, installment, and so on, spare management, in the second level is in sales, it could be a bit better. I don't find much improvement in marketing. They moved the improvements to cloud deployment for marketing. I'd like to see more feature enhancements. For marketing, for example, I'd like to see integration with the general ledger enhancement. They already have the layout, however, they didn't put the functionality into it so far. For marketing, I want to have the marketing SMS campaign, and not have to customize all that from the beginning. I'd like to see everything integrated with social media. We'd like it to be easier to integrate any third-party app that we want - and not just Oracle apps. I'd like to see integration with Salesforce, Microsoft, SAP, etc.

I've dealt with the solution since 2007. I've used it in the last 12 months as a demo for clients.
    CRM
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Salesforce, SAP and others in CRM. Updated: June 2022.
    607,332 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's more stable in the application, especially when you are accessing it in your local network. If you have all your data and don't have these internet issues, it's stable. However, if you don't have an internet connection, no way you will be able to access the cloud. Unless there's a bug or something, it's reliable.

The solution is scalable. It varies from module to module. For example, it scales well for sales and service more than marketing.

Technical support is great, They are very friendly. We could not survive without them.  There are a lot of batches and technical issues. They must dig in each time we have an issue. At some point, they need to get involved. We're fine with that. They're helpful. No one can survive alone. We are like an integrated team.  In our experience, 90% of the cases were sorted successfully. 10% of cases were related to some future enhancement or bugs. I cannot rate the consultant directly. Mostly, if the case is applicable to be solved, it is solved. Sometimes maybe it would take a very short time. Sometimes it would take longer as it was very complex or something. Sometimes it may have even been the case that it was the first time they faced the issue.

Positive

There are lots of other CRMs. We chose this one due to the fact that it hadold-school stability and we were able to have our data locally. It was also more flexible and made testing easier.

For the most part, the solution is straightforward. For example, in 70% of the areas, it's straightforward to implement. However, there is about 30% of the implementation process is not straightforward at all. The length of time the deployment takes depends on the project, for example, how many business units, the project business volume itself, how much customization, et cetera. It will never be less than, in the easiest deployment, three or four months.

I don't handle any aspects of the licensing.

What other advice do I have?

I installed the demo six months ago. I was using some variance of version 12. Eighter 12.0.8, 0.2, 0.8 or 0.9. I recommend solutions according to the client's business needs. If they need something that is more flexible and giving them all that they need on-premise, I will advise them to get it. If they are needing a lot of functionality that's related to other products, or clouds, I will recommend other options that aren't Oracle. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Cesar Quiroz - PeerSpot reviewer
    CIO at Grupo Kasto
    Effortless predictive analytics, stable, scalable with 24 hour support
    • "We are able to take back control of our client sales information and analyze it for the future to improve."
    • "In the planning area in order to calculate commissions the function could be improved. Currently, we are not using that functionality because it is very basic."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to approach potential customer from the prospection to the sale.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use. Before we used this solution all of our customer data was stored on the vendor's database but now we have the data for all the customer in our corporate database. We have information about credit, sales, potential sales, and sending location information because some of them had more than one locations. The product has a lot of predictive analytics that are not a lot of effort. There is a lot to analyze regarding customer information and we can get detailed reports.

What needs improvement?

In the planning area in order to calculate commissions the function could be improved. Currently, we are not using that functionality because it is very basic. For example, in some cases, you need to develop your own formulas which are not easy to do. Another future addition that would help us is for this solution to have the ability to add more locations as ERP allows.

I have been using the solution for a year and a half.

The solution is stable and we are currently using it with 50 employees. Some of the roles of the employees using the solution are from the management, analytics, marketing, and research teams.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support for this solution and for all the solutions from Oracle is more or less the same. They have a very robust platform where you can put your questions, your needs, the issues that you have and they will respond. The SLA are very. They support agents from around the world that can help, we have had agents from Mexico, U.S., Europe and from India. It is a 24 hour, seven days a week service.

The setup was easy but it could have been better with integration with ERP.

Oracle CRM Cloud in our experience, the integration is not simply, that being said, it could have been harder too. It took us three to six months to implement and to do the full ERP implementation it took around 9 to 10 months. We used a vendor to do the deployment.

We were able to get a ten-year contract for a very good discount with our three platforms together with Oracle. If you have many Oracle products, you can get a cheaper rate perhaps as we did. The cost was around $400 a year. There also was implementation costs that are an addition to the solution price.

We saw some information from Gartner and Nucleus Research, they have a good evaluation for Oracle CX. That is why we understood while we have Oracle ERP, we need to install Oracle CX. That is the reason what we choose Oracle CX, Oracle CRM. We wanted a solution that would work well together.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend the product, but only if you are planning to have a longterm contract.  I understand that there are other solutions on the market and they might be cheaper but if you like to have a long-term contract and you like to integrate Oracle is the best option.
    Furthermore, If you don't have the intention to integrate with any ERP, then this is one of the best options, together with Salesforce. In our case, we prefer to have the product for the same vendor. That's why we didn't choose Salesforce, even though Salesforce might have a better recommendation or a better ranking. Both of them, Salesforce and CX are on the top five worldwide and in the Cloud.

We are planning to put CX in another plant during this next year, 2021. And we are very happy with the product.

I rate Oracle CRM a nine out of ten.

CRM
    June 2022
    607,332 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Kishore C - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director at Winspire Tech Private Limited
    Custom CRM that offers a wide variety of features and functionality to suit any business
    • "Oracle CRM is a versatile solution with many features and functionalities that makes it a suitable solution for many different business use cases."
    • "This solution is only available on-premises. It could be improved by offering a cloud/SaaS option which is more scalable."

What is our primary use case?

This use this solution for automatic tooling.

What needs improvement?

We have used this solution for 16 years.

This is a stable solution.

The support for this solution is not great. I would rate a three out of five. Our queries have taken a long time to be resolved so we no longer rely on Oracle support.

Neutral

The initial setup is straightforward. The deployment is much simpler compared to previous versions. It depends on the application and the type of industry that you have deployed in and the level of customization made to your existing application. An application with 5% to 10% customization, may need one or two resources to support 24/7.

We implemented this solution in-house.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for a solution to be deployed on-premise and need a scalable solution for a Silicon Valley, telecon or banking company, I would recommend Oracle. This is because Oracle offers stability, plug and play functionality and integration to billing systems.

If you are looking for solution for a medium-size e-commerce company or OEM, I would recommend Salesforce or SAP. Before deciding on the right solution, it is important to map out all of your requirements and the level of customization needed.

Mohammed Ghonaim - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Oracle Application Consultants at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
    Proficient, comprehensive, and scalable
    • "It is one of the most proficient CRM tools out there. It is comprehensive and scalable. It covers most of the CRM activities, business lines, and business requirements."
    • "Their support could be faster. Like any other solution provider, in some cases, it takes time to get their response, and sometimes, they do not fix the issue in the first round. Therefore, we have to go through another round."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Oracle CRM for connecting to our customers and handling customer profiles and customer service.

We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is one of the most proficient CRM tools out there. It is comprehensive and scalable. It covers most of the CRM activities, business lines, and business requirements.

What needs improvement?

Their support could be faster. Like any other solution provider, in some cases, it takes time to get their response, and sometimes, they do not fix the issue in the first round. Therefore, we have to go through another round.

I have been using this solution for a long time. It has been around 10 or 15 years.

It is a stable solution.

It is scalable enough. We have around 1,000 users, and we continue to expand it to different business lines.

Their support could be faster. Like any other solution provider, it sometimes takes time to get their response, and things don't get resolved in the first round.

You need specific skills and a technical team to install, configure, and implement it. Its installation is not a big deal, but its implementation is a big deal. Every day, we have a new requirement for implementation, and we are still implementing it.

In terms of the number of weeks to go live, it can take six months, but even after going live, you keep implementing new features, updates, and enhancements.

Every year, we have new users, and we get new licenses. It depends on various things such as the number of users and expansion of our business lines.

What other advice do I have?

It is one of the top CRM applications of all time. It covers most of the CRM activities. When you implement Oracle CRM, you will get good benefits.

I would rate it a nine out of 10.

Consultor de sistemas de negocios at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Stable, customizable, and it provides us with all of the information that we need

What is our primary use case?

I was responsible for the Oracle financial department.

We use Oracle to keep all of the providers in their perspective sites. We have all of the financial aspects with Oracle, the payments, the bills and we manage the accounting with the ERP.

I was in charge of looking for the providers who were the best suited for one school.

We requested the DRSP to send to the providers and to analyze it with the team in order to select the current one and hire them.

I was with the project from the start to the implementation process and the post-implementation process also, to be able to stabilize the system.

What is most valuable?

What we like is that we have all of the information that we need. It is very simple.

It's quite good and it's very stable.

What needs improvement?

It's a good product but the are some performance issues. The performance can be improved.

The initial setup is complex, it could be improved to be more simplified.

I have used Oracle CRM in the last 12 months.

We are using version 12.

It's a stable solution. This is one of the features we like.

We have approximately 50 to 60 people in our organization who are using this solution.

The initial setup was quite complex in the beginning, and once it was done, it was quite difficult to manage.

When we migrated from version 11 to 12 it took us a year and a half, it was quite complex.

In the beginning, it was quite harsh. Once we got to know it, it was quite simple.

We needed the help of an integrator. With the enterprise version, there is a lot of customization. We needed a special group for this project.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Oracle CRM an eight out of ten.

Sebastian Aiani - PeerSpot reviewer
    Junior Consultant at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
    Valuable insights and dashboards, good reports, and impressive stability
    • "Everything related to insights and dashboards is valuable. It is great for tracking all the effort and generating reports."
    • "The interface could be more user friendly. It is currently not intuitive, and it can be better. The onboarding process for the end users of this solution could be easier, and there should be a few more things for user knowledge and training. It takes a lot of technical knowledge to get used to it."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use it for the units related to marketing and lead management. We are using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The interface could be more user friendly. It is currently not intuitive, and it can be better.

The onboarding process for the end users of this solution could be easier, and there should be a few more things for user knowledge and training. It takes a lot of technical knowledge to get used to it.

I have been working with this solution for a little bit over a year.

I am pretty impressed with its stability. It is more powerful than I expected it to be. It is really interesting in terms of its capability to handle complex actions.

It is pretty good, but I really haven't given much thought to it.

They are a little bit slow.

It is not cheap. It is more suitable for big companies.

What other advice do I have?

I don't know if we plan to keep using this solution. I know our company likes the product and wants to use it.

I would recommend this solution. It is a really solid and useful product, but to really take full advantage of this solution, you should be a really big sized company. It is an excellent product for big companies that manage so much data. It is not a cheap solution, so be sure that your company size is aligned with this kind of product.

I would rate Oracle CRM a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
    Anteneh Asnake - PeerSpot reviewer
    Modern Data Center and Cloud Engineer II at IE Network Solutions PLC
    MSP
    An easy-to-use solution that is easy to set up and offers smooth customer support
    • "The solution is smooth, easy to use, easy to customize and it has many features. Plus, there are regular updates."
    • "The one thing that I hate about it is when you pay for services for a certain amount of time, the service ends just before it should be over. For example, I may pay for a month of service, but it will tell me the service is over before the month ends."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to host customer links to the production environment. We also use it for a lot of levels. The solution is smooth, easy to use, easy to customize and it has many features. Plus, there are regular updates.

What needs improvement?

The one thing that I hate about it is when you pay for services for a certain amount of time, the service ends just before it should be over. For example, I may pay for a month of service, but it will tell me the service is over before the month ends.

In the next release, I would like to see more dashboard optimization. If possible, features like future planning and capacity calculation would be great to see included.

I have been using the solution for two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

Their support team is very smooth, and even the support page portal offers great service if you are a customer.

Positive

It was very easy to set up. I think it took about one hour. The team needed for deployment depends on the customer requirements. If it's a larger deployment, you may need about three or four people, but if it's small, the deployment can be done by one individual.

The pricing for licensing is pretty expensive. If you need one particular feature it becomes expensive to have to continue paying for it. If the solution could improve the pricing plans, it would be better.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Head of Operations & Technology at LATAM Pass at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
    Overall excellent functionality, good customization, and effective support services
    • "It is difficult to highlight the most valuable features because the system as a whole works very well for our loyal program. It is a very good system and I believe that they are the oldest loyalty system on the market. The service is very good, with many customizable options, and has a strong database to help us build our rules and point systems for the loyal program."
    • "Our infrastructure is set up for an on-premises deployment of this solution and I am concerned that the online deployment that we are moving to will not perform as well as our current on-premises storage systems. It could cause some problems, such as latency delays."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for a customer loyalty program in an airline company.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Our infrastructure is set up for an on-premises deployment of this solution and I am concerned that the online deployment that we are moving to will not perform as well as our current on-premises storage systems. It could cause some problems, such as latency delays.

I have been using Oracle CRM for approximately four years.

We have support contracts and the support is good.

We have a contract for the vendor to help with deployments.

My experience with Oracle when it comes to price negotiation was very bad. They have a very poor approach to negotiation.

There are additional fees and contracts that are available. We have another contract that gives us support for deployment and improvements to our platforms and one other contract to receive support from our IT provider that has experience with Oracle CRM.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle CRM an eight out of ten.

Download our free CRM Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Salesforce, SAP, and more!
    Updated: June 2022