NetCrunch OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

NetCrunch is the #21 ranked solution in top Server Monitoring tools and #58 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give NetCrunch an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. NetCrunch is most commonly compared to PRTG Network Monitor: NetCrunch vs PRTG Network Monitor. NetCrunch is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 56% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is NetCrunch?

NetCrunch is the complete network monitoring solution for monitoring traffic, topology, devices, systems, logs, and services. It's policy, and template-based configuration makes managing thousands of nodes a breeze. It automatically generates layer-2 maps and manages monitoring dependencies. NetCrunch supports major operating systems, virtualization platforms, and the Cloud. Complete SNMP support with 8,700+ MIBs included and a built-in MIB compiler.

NetCrunch Customers

AER Kooperation, AON Corpration, Advance Financial services, Airbus SAS, Bauer Net consult, Banco Soal, Bertelsmann, Burke County public, COF training services

NetCrunch Video

Archived NetCrunch Reviews (more than two years old)

IT Admin at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
The setup is very intuitive and quick - it all just took a few minutes we were done.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

I have been using since version 6. The Dashboard make easy to manage all the different device throughout our network location.

What needs improvement?

Our network is made up of a lot of Cisco devices, and it needs improvements.

We had no issues with deployment.

Network Monitoring Software
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about AdRem Software, Paessler AG, SolarWinds and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: November 2022.
657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We had no issues with stability.

We had no issues with scalability.

The initial setup was very straightforward and simple.

We implemented it with our own in-house team.

Director of IT with 51-200 employees
Netcrunch 7 is a great piece of software

Netcrunch 7 is a great piece of software for any network. I have been using the software for close to 7 years now. At first I would use the software to just let me know when network equipment has gone off-line, but now I used the software to get in-depth reports on hard drive activity, to watching Exchange, to watching my databases and even individual ports on switches. This software has become the first thing I look at in the morning and the last things in the evenings.

I run the software on a VM with Windows Server 2008R2. From the main dashboard I can see at a quick glance all of the networks running and if there are major or minor issues happening. It lists out the servers, networking equipment, printers, and other devices. Then I see a timeline of the past 24 hours and listed out are any alerts that may have come up during each hour, then I can drill down to see what was happening at that moment.

As I look at each IP network it will give me the rundown of the network. I can then explore each network and see each node based on many different layouts. I can see a node that is having issues from it being colored red and others that may colored yellow to tell me that there have been issues, but things are working. If I drill down to a node then I can see all of the individual parts of the system and what is being monitored. With a Windows server you can even see the Windows Services running. If you want to watch a new service you can add almost anything you want to see or create a new one based on your needs.

The great thing about this software is that you can know what is going on from just about anywhere you are at. From just getting E-mails, to text messages and now it also can be accessed through an Internet Browser from any device. Another great feature is its ability to always be watching if a new machine has been added to the network, so that you don’t have to go out and add it to the system, but you can if you want to. Once a new node has been added it will start checking it all out and verify all of the components and what it needs to be monitoring.

For me being a one man shop this software has been invaluable as I can tell when things happen usually before anyone else notices. Netcrunch has earned its spot to stay on my network for a long time and I look forward to each new release as they are always improving the software to meet the needs of today’s networks.

it_user223263 - PeerSpot reviewer
it_user223263Technical Support Engineer at a tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees

NetCrunch can monitor network devices, logs, NetFlow, network services
and applications with realtime mapping and network performance status views. It automatically notify network administrator about ongoing problems and even can fix them on it's own. I use this software from the version 2.x.
Let me share here my experience in Qatar. In this paper I describe all the monitors I have configured using NetCrunch for controlling the Time Server installed at the NDIA airport in Doha.