IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
Amit Behere - PeerSpot reviewer
Software Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy connectivity which allows for fast integration; lacking some connectors
  • "Easy connectivity and easy integration."
  • "Lacking some connectors that could be included."

What is our primary use case?

I used the free trial account to test the product, it allows 10 days free trial.

I'm a software engineer and a user of Mule ESB

What is most valuable?

The best feature for me was the easy connectivity and easy integration. In comparison, if you go through code license for APN, it will require more configuration or more code but if you're going to Anypoint Studio and using Mule ESB, you just drag and drop the connectors, configure the credentials and complete your process as per your requirements. The product helps me a lot to integrate quickly.

What needs improvement?

I think there are some connectors that are not available that should be included. Supports like Salesforce Connector that are available in APN could be included. It's possible that this requires more configuration in our system. I've also found that running Mule Anypoint Studio ESB can slow things down.

They have good documentation but it's better to have a video explanation for some of the demos, something basic that runs for 10 minutes or so. If you have that and combine it with the documentation, it would simplify the learning process.

I have used the solution for one year. Really helpful tool for integration with multiple system.

This is a stable solution.

The solution is scalable.

I haven't used technical support, I tend to check the documentation when there are problems. It's actually quite good. There is a video which explains integration in only three minutes, and that helped me understand the documents.

I used some of the notes and YouTube tutorials that explain the setup. They've simplified the process with the latest version which is a good thing.

Mahdy Zia Uzzaman - PeerSpot reviewer
System Integration Engineer at ILCS
A lightweight Java-based enterprise service bus with fast and good technical support
  • "I like that Mule ESB provides fast and good technical support."
  • "Mule ESB could be more user-friendly. I think users must learn about the architecture before they start coding. The price could be better. In the next release, I would like to see an EDIFACT integration."

What is our primary use case?

I use ESB to do integrations for a company called Pelindo. Pelindo is a company that's a terminal operator. They are involved in logistics, have many partners, and require transaction detection and a payment gateway.

What is most valuable?

I like that Mule ESB provides fast and good technical support.

What needs improvement?

Mule ESB could be more user-friendly. I think users must learn about the architecture before they start coding. The price could be better. In the next release, I would like to see an EDIFACT integration.

I have been using Mule ESB since 2013, so nine years.

Mule ESB is stable, but sometimes the traffic is unstable because the transaction rate increases and the server is obsolete.

Technical support is fast and good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

I think the initial setup was straightforward.

I have experience installing this solution for my company. I can also maintain  Mule ESB by myself.

I think the price is very high. If you use TIBCO BW, the license is for the CPU usage, then the IPS, and support. I also think the license for the product is a one-time expense.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Mule ESB an eight.

Mule ESB
May 2022
Learn what your peers think about Mule ESB. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2022.
597,415 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Manager- Integration Services & BPM at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Lightweight and everything runs in Java, but I have had issues with instability
  • "Everything runs in Java, which is a useful feature."
  • "There are some issues with both stability and scalability."

What is our primary use case?

Mule ESB acts as an intermediary that assists with integration between multiple layers.

What is most valuable?

Mule ESB is quite lightweight.

Everything runs in Java, which is a useful feature.

What needs improvement?

There are some issues with both stability and scalability.

I have experienced some issues with clustering.

We have been using Mule ESB for probably three years.

The stability of this product can be improved.

I have had a couple of issues with scalability. Our use case has traffic that depends a lot on the SDK, so there are a lot of users.

The LAN team has been in contact with technical support.

Prior to Mule ESB, we were using an IBM solution that was pretty good. Mule ESB is cheaper but I would choose the IBM product instead.

The installation and setup had been completed before I joined the company.

This product is cheaper than some offered by other vendors, although there is a problem because you have to pay for some third-party adapters.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Programmer-friendly solution that offers good value for money

What is our primary use case?

My primary uses are asset maintenance and data management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it's programmer-friendly, so it's very easy to develop APIs.

What needs improvement?

In order to meet the new trend of active metadata management, we need intelligent APIs that can retrieve new data designs and trigger actions over new findings without human intervention.

I've been using this solution for almost three years.

It's very stable and reliable.

This solution is scalable.

The technical support is reliable and quick to resolve any block we have.

The initial setup is straightforward and only takes a day, but it looks at many data sources, so you have to be specific about what you need.

This product is expensive, but it does offer value for money.

What other advice do I have?

I would give this product a rating of ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
VenkatRaj - PeerSpot reviewer
Tech Lead at V-Soft
MSP
Exceptional cloud features, good exception handling, and stable
  • "The cloud and integration abilities are most useful allowing us to use applications such as Salesforce and DataWeave."
  • "In an upcoming release, I would like to see more additional concept for exception handling, batch processing, and increased integration with other application."

What is our primary use case?

We normally use the API-led connectivity approach. We get the architecture and follow the basic rules and principles that Mule has.

How has it helped my organization?

We have had our research analysis team do six months of work looking into if this solution was going to benefit our organization and they determined it fit perfectly into our business.

What is most valuable?

The cloud and integration abilities are most useful allowing us to use applications such as Salesforce and DataWeave. Additionally, the exception handling is good. We have experienced zero downtime since moving to this solution.

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution for the past five years.

The solution is very stable we have not had any issues

The scalability is good. We have a banking application running worldwide through the solution which attracts many users.

The installation is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Mule ESB a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Hashim Sharif - PeerSpot reviewer
Co Founder - Data Engineering Head at Sadeeem Knowledge
Great increased our development and improves our time to market

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for payment integration. We are customers of Mule ESC and I'm a co-founder and the data engineer head.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has helped us to develop more quickly and improve our time to market.

What is most valuable?

I like the graphical interface and the number of connectors. The solution is easy to maintain.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see more attention given to the community editions.

I've been using this solution for 10 years.

The solution is scalable and stable.

The initial setup wasn't that complex, we did it ourselves.

We're using the open-source version.

What other advice do I have?

I rate the solution nine out of 10.

Download our free Mule ESB Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: May 2022