IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Microsoft Teams OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft Teams is #2 ranked solution in top Enterprise Social Software. PeerSpot users give Microsoft Teams an average rating of 8 out of 10. Microsoft Teams is most commonly compared to Atlassian Confluence: Microsoft Teams vs Atlassian Confluence. Microsoft Teams is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.
Microsoft Teams Buyer's Guide

Download the Microsoft Teams Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Microsoft Teams?

At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our mission is grounded in both the world in which we live and the future we strive to create. Today, we live in a mobile-first, cloud-first world, and the transformation we are driving across our businesses is designed to enable Microsoft and our customers to thrive in this world.

We do business in 170 countries and are made up of 114,000 passionate employees dedicated to fulfilling our mission of helping you and your organization achieve more.

Microsoft Teams was previously known as MS Teams.

Microsoft Teams Customers
Honeywll, AIRFRANCE, AccuWeather, Lilly
Microsoft Teams Video

Archived Microsoft Teams Reviews (more than two years old)

Associate Vice President - Office of Strategic Management at Sakthi Finance Ltd,
Good voice clarity and easy to use but needs a better user interface
  • "Organizing a meeting is very simple to do."
  • "It's not as easy to augment your meetings as it is with competitors. For example, in Zoom, if I want to add attendees, I just grab the meeting link and post it to them. With Teams, how to do this is not as clear."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for team meetings. We're still in the process of evaluating the solution, however.

What is most valuable?

The solution provides very clear conferencing, even on mobile devices. The voice clarity is excellent. Organizing a meeting is very simple to do. The solution provides for comfortable use. New users are able to navigate it pretty easily.

What needs improvement?

The interface of the solution could use improvement. Right now, the gold standard in terms of team conferencing user interfaces seems to be Zoom. Microsoft Teams should see if they could make their interface and usability as simple as that. It's not as easy to augment your meetings as it is with competitors. For example, in Zoom, if I want to add attendees, I just grab the meeting link and post it to them. With Teams, how to do this is not as clear.

I'm pretty new to Teams. I've only been using it for the past two months or so.
Microsoft Teams
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Teams. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
610,045 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of the solution is good. The product is reliable in that sense. I haven't experienced crashes. There aren't bugs or glitches that disrupt the user experience.

It's quite easy to scale the solution if you need to. It's possible to add new people into meetings, for example. We haven't had any issues in that sense.

Our IT department is engaging with Microsoft locally. I haven't made contact with technical support personally. As we were offered one free month of service, we're doing some experiments ont he platform.

We are now on Chatter. The entire team is using and Chatter. We have 5,000 Chatter licenses. The entire organization is using it. We are also evaluating Microsoft 365 which includes Teams. Internally we are using Chatter across the company as of now. We will continue to use Chatter as it is part of our CRM and all the customer and customer service related communication will be through Chatter only. We are planning to use Microsoft Teams as a collaborative platform in the future. Currently, now the entire communication of the company is between Teams and the corporate office is appraising each solution. I've used Zoom in the past, as well as WebEx. With Teams, the clarity of the meeting is good, including when you are using it on a wireless device. Zoom, however, has the easiest interface. It's the most popular option currently on the market. Everyone is using Zoom.  WebEx I wouldn't recommend. It takes a lot of bandwidth and is more difficult to use.

The initial setup was a bit complex. I couldn't really follow it very well.

Microsoft offers new users one free month of service, so it's easy to try it out if you want to.

What other advice do I have?

Currently, we're just a customer of Microsoft. We aren't consultants or resellers. To be honest, everyone is using Zoom these days. The familiarity with that system is higher, and the recommendation for that system is higher.  When I set up Microsoft Teams, people were not very accustomed to how to use it. However, users have found that using it on the laptop is pretty good. Overall the system looks good. That said, when you try to use it on mobile, we've found the bandwidth is higher. Currently, as a new user, I would rate the solution seven out of ten. If the interface was just a bit better, and it was easier to organize a meeting, I would rate it higher. Generally, it just needs to be tweaked to make it more user friendly. Although we're not fully subscribed to the solution, I would recommend it to others.

KarthikViswanathan - PeerSpot reviewer
President at Convene, Inc.
Good collaboration functionality in online meetings, but web conferencing needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is as a collaboration platform. We use it extensively for online meetings, chat, creating specific team related sites, and sharing content between the team members.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to collaborate.

What needs improvement?

Web conferencing needs improvements.

The biggest issue is web content.

We would like to have a caller's telephone number easily available to the team members.

We have been using Microsoft Teams for three to four months.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Teams
June 2022
610,045 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Satish Badrinarayan - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate Director of Technology at Microland Limited
Facilitates collaboration through voice and video calls, document sharing, and knowledge management
  • "Microsoft Teams has helped us improve collaboration through the use of chats, as well as conferencing, voice calls, knowledge management, and maintaining a repository."
  • "Microsoft Teams is quite demanding on bandwidth, which has been a problem during the COVID situation because we don't get enterprise-class bandwidth at home."

What is our primary use case?

Primarily we are using Microsoft Teams to facilitate collaboration during events and meetings. All of our meetings are voice and video. We are also using it for document sharing.

We use a file folder structure for maintaining all of our documents. There are version controls for projects that are completed and help to maintain the documentation.

How has it helped my organization?

Microsoft Teams has helped us improve collaboration through the use of chats, as well as conferencing, voice calls, knowledge management, and maintaining a repository. At this time, we spend four or five hours a day communicating using Teams.

What is most valuable?

The main features that we use extensively are voice and video calling. They have improved these features and the improvements are happening continuously.

The other feature that we like is the repository, which is used for knowledge management. It integrates with SharePoint, where we can store and retrieve documents, maintain version control, and collaborate with each other.

I like these aspects of it, but this is a feature-rich product and I am probably not even aware of all the features that it has.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Teams is quite demanding on bandwidth, which has been a problem during the COVID situation because we don't get enterprise-class bandwidth at home. Currently, we use broadband, and even the little variations that happen can throw you out of a meeting. It seems that you get disconnected really fast.

It takes a long time to load, which is something that could be improved.

Having a dial-in feature would be helpful because it would allow more people to be included in meetings.

I have been using Microsoft Teams for almost two years.

This is an extremely stable product and we use it on a daily basis. Since we have been on the cloud, I haven't seen any failures that have been the fault of the service. As long as our internet is up, it is working.

I don't see scalability as an issue. Initially, we had fewer licenses than we do now. As we expanded, we acquired more licenses and added more team members to the platform.

From what I recall, we started with about 500 licenses and we now have closer to 2,000. Two weeks ago, we had about 700 regular users. Adding users was seamless from our perspective, although you have to make sure that your network is configured properly, otherwise, there may be issues with performance.

I do not speak with Microsoft support directly. When I have a problem, I simply call my support staff.

I have used similar solutions and I wouldn't say that Teams has the best in terms of voice and video calling, although I have seen continuous improvement over time and I am happy with that. For example, we used to only see four people on a video call, and it has been increased to nine. These kinds of improvements are good.

On the other hand, when compared to other collaboration software, it is more bandwidth-intensive and takes longer to load. In general, it is heavier.

Prior to using Teams, we had been using Microsoft Exchange 2013. We migrated to Office 365 two years ago, which includes Teams as part of the package. While we were still using Exchange, we ordered Skype. From my perspective, Teams is much more stable than Skype. I found that if we used Skype in a very small network, for example with three routers, then it would work fine. Otherwise, we had issues with quality and stability.

The initial setup is easy, as most products from Microsoft are. It follows the same idea and is not difficult. We have the E3 subscription, so we are always using the latest version.

When we migrated from our Microsoft Exchange platform to Office 365, we had consultants come in to assist us with that. We also had some guidance from Microsoft.

The pricing for Teams is very competitive.

We did look at a couple of other products as well, including Zoom. Because of issues regarding security with Zoom, we only use it very rarely.

What other advice do I have?

Network performance does impact teams, but Microsoft does give recommendations as to how the internet and network should be set up. If you follow these instructions then there will be fewer problems to fix. Essentially, if you are implementing this product then you need to very clearly understand the network requirements. Tweaking things on the network side is very important.

Overall, this is a very good collaboration product and the only thing stopping me from giving it a perfect grade is the heavy bandwidth usage.

Microsoft Azure
Senior Solution Manager at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
User interface could be more flexible; the collaborating feature is helpful

What is our primary use case?

We're partners with Microsoft and I'm a senior solutions manager.

What is most valuable?

I think the collaborating feature is valuable.

What needs improvement?

The user interface could be improved, it's a bit tedious that you cannot move around within the solution without closing what you are in the middle of.

I've been using this solution for two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable, we have approximately 500 users.

We have our own support.

We used Skype prior to Teams and switched because support for Skype was terminated.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a four out of 10.

IT Manager at a construction company with 201-500 employees
A one-platform solution that is easy for collaboration and easy to use
  • "The most valuable features are that it is an all-in-one platform, making it very easy for collaboration with your core employees."
  • "The security needs improvement, as well as the ability to back up private chats."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for collaboration with your calendar and sharing information with SharePoint.

What is most valuable?

You can also create a private room for discussion, and It has a pure conference call.

It has more core features than other platforms like Zoom.

It's tied to your day-to-day common tools such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.

The interface is easy to use.

You can back up using your existing infrastructure just as you can in Veeam and Altaro, or any others that can back up the SaaS.

What needs improvement?

They should consider adding the feature to allow new users, without it being an additional fee.

When comparing features with other vendors, the only thing is that the bridge is not included unless you need it. For users that use the computer or apps, there is no need for a bridge.

The security needs improvement, as well as the ability to back up private chats. They have indicated that it is under development. They need to ensure that the private meetings are not visible to others because of the privacy law.

I am pretty new to using this solution after I migrated from Skype for Business. It's less than a year that I have been using it.

There are many levels of pricing.

If you have clients who do not have a computer and are joining with their phones it's an additional fee of $5.00 per user.

Bridging is a cost of $20 or $30.00 dollars, which is part of the subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I love this solution, even though it's not common because it's migrating all existing users from Skype for Business.

I think that they will discontinue Skype because the direction is moving to Teams.

There may be others who require more, but for us, it meets our requirements and needs.

IT Manager at a transportation company with 501-1,000 employees
Leaderboard
Greta integration with Microsoft products, good call quality, and perfect for large group meetings
  • "We like that you can get a lot of users on one call without the call actually failing or losing quality. Hosts can connect, if I recall correctly, up to 90,000 people. If you need a massive company-wide meeting, you can do it."
  • "The UI can be further improved upon. When I used to use Skype, Skype was a small window that opened on your desktop. With Teams, when you use it, it occupies your full screen just like if you were in Word or Excel. Skype worked more like an app, which I preferred. I liked being able to use it in a minimized screen. If Teams could emulate that a bit, it would be a better user experience."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for video conferencing and meetings.

What is most valuable?

There are a lot of applications being developed on Microsoft for Teams. They are building out a lot of Office 365 apps and the integration with everything is great.

The call quality has been very good, especially compared to Skype.

We like that you can get a lot of users on one call without the call actually failing or losing quality. Hosts can connect, if I recall correctly, up to 90,000 people. If you need a massive company-wide meeting, you can do it.

What needs improvement?

The UI can be further improved upon. When I used to use Skype, Skype was a small window that opened on your desktop. With Teams, when you use it, it occupies your full screen just like if you were in Word or Excel. Skype worked more like an app, which I preferred. I liked being able to use it in a minimized screen. If Teams could emulate that a bit, it would be a better user experience.

When we share the screen, we can't actually take control of the user's screen. When I'm trying to do some activity for another person or want to change something for them, it's not possible. In a technical way, I would like to take control of a system where I'm seeing the screen and I want to do some changes, while we are discussing things during meetings.

We've been using the solution for about six months now. It hasn't been that long.

There are occasional patches that are released and updates that need to happen. Occasionally services go down. However, for the most part, the solution is stable.

We haven't had any scalability issues so far. With the COVID-19 situation, our usage really shot up on Teams. We didn't run into any problems scaling up. So many people who were not using Teams are on the platform now. Previously, the solution was used by 30-40% of the company, and now it's closer to 70-80%.

I've never been in touch with technical support.

We used to rely on Skype and have since moved over to Teams. It was pretty simple for us to decide on Teams because we were already using Microsoft products.

A lot of the products that we use are Microsoft, including Skype. However, Microsoft is slowly stopping support for Skype and they're moving towards Teams due to the fact that a lot of applications are getting developed now on Teams.

It took our company about two months to put everything in place. We had to do some integration with a few of our colleagues.

I'm not really too sure on the pricing. That is not something that I handle. That is something that our payment team handles.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We're not partners with Microsoft.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten. If the UI was better, where the system wouldn't take over the whole screen. I'd rate it higher. I'd also rate it higher if there was the capability not to just share screens, but to take over the screens of other people in a meeting, so discussions and changes could happen in real-time.

I'd definitely recommend Teams over both Skype and Zoom. In my opinion, it's far superior.

Hybrid Cloud
Responsible for recruitment at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good messaging and video calling features that help promote collaboration while working from home
  • "The most valuable features are the messaging and the video calling, especially where you can add a background."
  • "It's a bit slow, especially if you are downloading photos."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for video conferencing. We do calls for meetings. We use it for the calendar, the planner, scheduling events, messages for the events, and we can use it for poll voting for certain activities, as well as distributing tasks.

How has it helped my organization?

As a collaborative tool, it is very interesting.

We have improved on teamwork when we can assign projects to each other, and have to popups to tell us when the deadlines are.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the messaging and the video calling, especially where you can add a background. It is very useful during confinement, and working from home.

The video calling is as interesting as Skype, but with a lot more functions with better and easier communication.

It is very quick.

It's a complete solution with video calls, calendars, messaging, downloads, and you can publish things. It's connected and is compatible with other Microsoft products. We don't have a lot of conflicts.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to downloading several documents or sharing documents that are above 450 KB, it takes time. It's a bit slow, especially if you are downloading photos.

There could be more documentation when it comes to the setup when you have other software. It's an annex, it's additional support, not something that the software provides when it's not something that comes with other products that can be connected to it.

I have been working with Microsoft Teams for one year. We use it every day.

We are using the latest version.

The stability seems quite good. It's only been during confinement that we have had some issues, otherwise, it's quite good.

We have 300 users, on a daily basis. It's one of our major tools within the company.

We are using it to its maximum capacity on every aspect, functional and non-functional.

We have not contacted technical support directly. We have our IT who is fully trained with Microsoft. We have not had the need to.

Previously, we were using Skype for conference calling and we found that it was complicated.

The initial setup is quite straightforward. It didn't take much to understand. It is a bit complex to use when you have other software, as it is not very clear in the beginning or if you want to add a Wiki.

The deployment was quick. For the whole company, it took one or two weeks.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good mix of WhatsApp, Viber, and Skype.

The only area that we had concerns with was with messages and not knowing if the messages had been received or read. Now, they have added this feature and we know that it has been received and read.

This tool is very interesting if you have a team of more than 15 people. When you are a small team then you won't use all of its compacity.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using Teams has to do with time management. It has really highlighted how much time I spend in meetings. The tool gives you an analytical aspect, where it helps you to manage and balance your time.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Technical Project Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Handles meetings with multiple people with no visual or audio interruptions
  • "The most valuable features are visual and audio, as they are very clear with no interruptions."
  • "Microsoft Teams does not have any features that Zoom, Skype, or Webex don't already have."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for meetings, especially since everyone is working from home now.

What is most valuable?

It has a chatting feature, document sharing, and features that are required for online meetings.

What needs improvement?

I have only recently started using Microsoft Teams. It's been more than a month.

We are using the latest version.

This is a stable solution.

I have not contacted technical support, as I have not had any issues.

We were using Zoom but there were some issues, then we started using Microsoft Teams. We were also using previously using Webex as well as Skype. In total, there are many different products that I have used.

The initial setup is easy to work through.

What other advice do I have?

We use several Microsoft products.

It's a good product that can handle multiple people. My impression of Microsoft Teams is very good.

Lecturer at a university with 201-500 employees
Microsoft Teams for Scrum during the Pandemic
  • "The communication part has been excellent so far."
  • "On rare occasions, it freezes and some people will lose sound or they could lose video."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for communications.

How has it helped my organization?

In regards to COVID and the Pandemic, we would not be able to do our regular job without this mechanism in place.

We do our regular scrum meetings using Microsoft Teams.

We have meetings with the entire company every week. There are hundreds of people connected and it works perfectly in terms of linking people together, showing some content, and showing some slides.

What is most valuable?

I am not familiar with all of the features yet, but some of the features I find to be most valuable are the visual conference call. We all see our videos as well as audios.

The quality is much better than it is with Skype.

There is more clarity and everything is crisper.

We have not been using the collaboration part as much, as we are focusing on the communications rather than document sharing.

The communication part has been excellent so far.

What needs improvement?

While we are still familiarizing ourselves with the features, although I would say that there could be some improvements with some additional stability. For some who connect, and do not have a good connection from home or the internet is not as good, it needs a bit more stability.

On rare occasions, it freezes and some people will lose sound or they could lose video. It needs better handling.

It needs to be more robust in terms of stability.

It's still a fairly new product, so they may still improve this a little.

I have been using Microsoft Teams for a few days.

We are using the Teams business version, which is the one that is offered with the 365 premium package.

There are some issues with stability and it could be improved.

We are using Skype Enterprise but in two or three months, Skype is going to be decommissioned for us. The IT department has been using Microsoft Teams.

We have a local client installed. The software is installed on our desktop and updated to the most recent version whenever it's available.

The initial setup is simple, but if you are a government agency, you have to make it more secure and more robust.

There are additional purchases necessary to secure it in a government agency where you don't want to share a document or expose documents that may be private.

If you have content that requires more security and you want to use it in a more secure manner, with more protection, then it will come at a higher cost. You have to set your environment up with additional features, such as multifactor authentication and identity protection, which are not available in the basic plan. Instead, they can be purchased additionally from Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody interested in Microsoft Teams is that it's a good product and they should hire some consulting services that are specialists if they are serious about implementing it the correct way.

At this time, Microsoft Team fulfills everything we need.

Chief Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Excellent integration features, particularly document sharing

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of Teams is for meetings, but we also use it for document management and chatting, things like that.

What is most valuable?

I would consider document management a valuable feature. It's really the integration, being able to create groups to share documents that I think is the best. In other words, I can set up a meeting and associate documents to that meeting and everybody can see it.

What needs improvement?

I think the solution would be improved by giving people the ability to call into meetings. I don't think we have that ability yet.

I've been using this solution for nine months. We're partners with Microsoft and I'm the chief architect in our company.

This is a solid and stable solution.

The scalability of this solution is good. We have almost 140,000 users in this company and Teams is used extensively.

The technical support is good.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend spending the time to learn the product, there is a learning curve.

Private Cloud
Niclas Junsved - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at Zington
Good integration of all features; video conferencing could be improved
  • "Integration with document management capabilities and video conferencing."
  • "Lacking in more complex hierarchies for files and teams."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use Microsoft Teams for our project teams, and of course also for remote virtual meetings. We mainly use it internally but also for external communication when we have remote meetings. We're customers and I'm the CEO of our company.

What is most valuable?

The feature I find to be the most valuable is the integration with document management capabilities and video conferencing, screen sharing, etc. It's a powerful tool for when you need to work in teams and to communicate with storing files and meetings. I like Teams very much.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see some improvement in the file hierarchy and team hierarchy. Right now it's not as powerful as when using SharePoint for files. They could develop more complex hierarchies for files and teams. I think there could also be improvement at the authorization level, who can see what and things like that. It's not that easy to work with.

I think the idea of authorization could be included as an additional feature. In addition the video conferencing is not as good as Zoom, which is a more powerful solution. Zoom provides the ability to see many people on the same screen and to break out into different virtual rooms. Those are a couple of features that Teams could implement.

I've been using this solution for two and a half years.

This is an extremely stable solution. I think I restarted only a couple of times over the past  two and a half years. And in the last couple of months, of course, we've been using it all day and it's very stable.

The solution scales automatically for our needs. We add users and it scales accordingly.

We've never had to contact technical support.

The initial setup is extremely straightforward. It's all Office 365 right so it's quite simple. We have two people in our company of 400 that can assist if we need anything. They deal with anything Microsoft related but they do other things as well, it's not a full-time job.

What other advice do I have?

Potential users of the solution should be aware that it's very good at what it does as long as you don't try to stretch the usage to something that it isn't meant to do. It's mainly for internal communication and internal projects. It's not Slack and it's not Microsoft Yammer which is for larger organizations. This is really for small teams of up to 30 people. After that, it becomes clumsy and a bit rigid.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Delivery Practice Director at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
MSP
Great for project collaborations, and for companies with data retention compliancy requirements
  • "Message and chat retention is a valuable feature."
  • "Technical support could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We're a tech services company and have numerous use cases for this solution, whether it be for meetings and chat, for collaborations, sharing files, document libraries, collaborating on Word documents and Excel. We use the solution every day, almost as much as we use email. We're partners with Microsoft and I'm the company delivery practice director.

How has it helped my organization?

It's improved our organization by enabling us to create a channel where we collaborate on all the projects and communicate instantly. You can set up a meeting for that channel which links to your personal calendar, it's very good.

What is most valuable?

I believe the chat messaging is a very valuable feature. It's not like Skype or Google Hangouts where you chat and once you're done you'll never find it again. This solution sticks with the chat until it's deleted and it also enables the application of backend retention policies so it can be saved longer. If you need to adhere to any regulation or compliancy regarding data retention you can set policies for that. Within a Teams meeting, you can put in all your meeting notes, whiteboards, all sorts of communication tools that you use. It's a very simple, intuitive platform. The learning curve for clients is minimal.

What needs improvement?

If you're using this product in a big corporation with a lot of data to manage, finding something specific can become very complex and the solution can become a little bit quirky. If I'm searching for a file in Teams, I might not find the relevant information right away. I think the search feature could be improved in that regard although any platform might have issues when dealing with masses of data. It's a management challenge when you're dealing with that amount of data.

I'd like to see better ways of managing data, perhaps create a life cycle, possibilities for deletion or archiving. So, at this point we don't have, there is a way to do that, but it's it's really complex to do. There's a way to do it now but it's very complex.

I've been using the solution for four years.

It's a very stable solution. Once in a while we may have some issues when users complain that things are moving slowly, but I've never experienced outages.

It lives in the cloud, so it's scalable. We're a relatively small company and have approximately 300 users but some of our client companies are huge and can have somewhere between 10,000-30,000 users. We don't have dedicated deployment staff but we have an internal IT department that takes care of things.

The quality of technical support really depends on the tier of support a company has. We don't have any issues because we have a lot of Microsoft and former Microsoft employees, but if we were a client without premier support, then we'd want to see some improvement in the technical support.

We used Skype before moving over to Teams. Some of our clients also use Slack so we use it too. Teams is unique because the other solutions are more for chat or video but lack the collaboration of Teams.

The initial setup is straightforward. Because the software as a service is part of Office 365, it only requires a user a license, and then you can download the product or push it with whatever tools you have, whether it's configuration manager or Intune, you push it to the endpoints. The other way it can be set up is using an SAAS application, where you don't have to worry about infrastructure in the backend, and you just need a good internet connection.

From what I know the licensing comes in a bundle. There is an enterprise license that comes with email, Office Suite like Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and a second possible option without the added features. I believe that the fees are charged based on the number of users.

What other advice do I have?

The transition to this solution is very quick so don't hesitate to give it a go, particularly for anyone already using Microsoft products. If they're using Google or Slack, it depends how they want to consolidate it. The adaptation to this solution is very quick, clients love it and can easily see the power of it. It's a cloud collaboration piece and integrates with products.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Tanseer K - PeerSpot reviewer
CIO & General Manager at Almarai Company Limited
Helped us work from home by providing collaboration, meetings, and video calls

What is our primary use case?

• Collaboration
  • Meetings
  • Voice, video calls, and chats

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed for collaboration during the COVID-19 situation (work from home).

What is most valuable?

• Calling
  • Setting up teams
  • Meetings
  • File transfer

What needs improvement?

Whiteboard should be standard rather than an app.

Six months.

Jimmy O'Rourke - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr. Product Manager - AccuRev at Micro Focus
Easy to share and collaborate while being fully integrated with our teams, culture, and behaviors
  • "It is easy to share and collaborate, including built-in, edit-in-place, autosave features, without having to download, edit, save, or upload."
  • "If I could completely eliminate Outlook and only use Teams, that would help me immensely. Productivity would increase drastically and many of our team members would be more efficient in our day-to-day, as we would be living primarily in a single tool."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for all communication between product development, product management, technical support, field teams, and other stakeholders. It is our primary vehicle for all communications. We have used it extensively to share content, such as spreadsheets, docs, PowerPoints, and other product related materials, for R&D and internal teams (e.g., the technical and field teams) as well as customer-facing documentation. With the recent COVID-19 forcing all our team members to work remotely, this solution has been an invaluable resource where we can easily set up virtual meetings (with or without video conferencing).

What is most valuable?

We utilize the chat (with and without video calling) quite a bit as well as the ability to create content and store it. It is easy to share and collaborate, including built-in, edit-in-place, autosave features, without having to download, edit, save, or upload. We take advantage of the Wiki pages to schedule meetings through the calendar, which all but eliminates the need to use Outlook calendar. Teams is fully integrated with our teams, culture, and behaviors. It works as we work and is fairly flexible when configuring things that are team/program specific.

What needs improvement?

If I could completely eliminate Outlook and only use Teams, that would help me immensely. Productivity would increase drastically and many of our team members would be more efficient in our day-to-day, as we would be living primarily in a single tool. I'm not a developer, but if Teams could be integrated with VS or Eclipse to easily share information in a chat panel, such as a task you are working on, roadblocks you may have run into, or if you need approval for something.

This is not critical. It would be a nice feature to be able to have your own background, use a collage (if desired) when doing video calls, or use an animated emoji in place of your video during live chats (as a way to add more personal flavor to your personality).

More than one year.

It is very stable when compared to Fuze and Skype for Business.

So far, it scales well.

Not applicable at this stage.

Yes, we have previously use Fuze as well as Rocket.Chat and Skype for Business. Fuze was unreliable. Skype for Business and Rocket.Chat lacked too many features.

As a large organization, we have used our fair share of tools, such as Skype for Business (S4B), Rocket.Chat, and most recently Fuze. Rocket.Chat is limited to chat only. Although you can share/attach docs, screenshots, and such, there isn't an easy way to organize the collection of data. If your team likes the ability to use a Wiki tool, there is nothing inherently built into Rocket.Chat for this. S4B is limited to video, chatting, and screen shares, lIke Rocket.Chat, for what it does, though it does it fairly well. However, as a tool for collaboration and communication with a team (large and small), S4B is too limited. Fuze, by far, is the worst tool. It was far too unreliable with calls (with or without video). Teams is a blend of Rocket.Chat, S4B, and a "working" version of Fuze.

Straightforward.

Vendor team.

Someone else handles it. I would estimate it has saved an average of at least one hour per day (for myself) as Fuze crashed too often, then I ended up reverting back to Skype for Business or GoToMeeting.

Only Teams.

What other advice do I have?

Mostly, how to use it and best practices (real world compared to what we are using today).

Private Cloud

Other
YannickEberle - PeerSpot reviewer
Sharepoint Application Specialist at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good document management, easily scalable and very stable
  • "The conversation capabilities and document management are the solution's most valuable features."
  • "The solution should offer a way for people to virtually raise their hands in a meeting so that everyone can speak. There's a user voice for this already, but it would help if there was some sort of visual cue as well."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for projects in our company.

What is most valuable?

The conversation capabilities and document management are the solution's most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The solution could use better calling functionality.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is stable. We haven't had any serious technical problems.

The solution is quite scalable; you can easily add other programs to it.

I've never contacted technical support; I'm not even sure if it exists.

I have some experience on SharePoint, and all the products of the Office 365 lineup. Microsoft Teams combines most of the Office 365 products in one very convenient product. And you can combine every Office 365 app in Teams.

At the time, the initial setup was not really easy, but now it's pretty good. Deployment takes a while. For us, it's ongoing. It's a HI project that's continuous. You don't need anyone for maintenance because it's a cloud product. In terms of the adoption, all of the users assisted with deployment, and we have about 10 users.

We handled the implementation by ourselves with the team user adoption.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is only available as a cloud deployment model; there's no on-premises version.

I use Teams every day for my daily workflow. My company is also rolling out some training on Teams. It's heavily used in our organization.

I'd advise others considering implementation to contact experts. They'll be able to show what you can do with Teams and you'll be able to develop new workflows. It offers a great way to collaborate together.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

HelenTalbot - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Analyst at a financial services firm with 1-10 employees
Helpful instant messaging capability, but the interface needs to be improved
  • "The most valuable feature for us was instant messaging."
  • "I didn't know that Teams is part of Office 365, so I think that it should be better advertised with its features and capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

Our company is small, with only six people. I work out of my home, and one of my colleagues does as well. The two of us used this solution for instant messaging and bits and pieces like that. We didn't actually use the full service because we're not a big company. We don't have an instant messaging infrastructure, so we use Teams instead. My other colleagues did not use it because they are mobile and do not sit at a desk during the day.

We stopped using it because my coworker is on maternity leave and will be off for another year. However, when she returns, we will probably go back to using Teams.

How has it helped my organization?

Microsoft Teams gave our small group the ability to chat via instant messenger.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us was instant messaging. I did like the fact that you could start various teams so that if you wanted to instant message certain individuals, you could have the group chats going on in the background. But again, we were such a small company, we didn't actually use it. I think if it was a large company, fantastic because you've got large multiple groups feeding in. For a small company, no.

I liked the idea of being able to share, but we used Dropbox, so we found that we didn't need to share documents. It would have provided another layer, but our team is not large enough to warrant a group of individuals, multiple locations, all feeding into one document at different times. We didn't actually have a need for that.

What needs improvement?

I didn't know that Teams is part of Office 365, so I think that it should be better advertised with its features and capabilities. It would be helpful for it to be more visible and what the benefits of it are. Documentation on its capabilities and guidelines on its use would also be helpful.

This solution would be improved with more functionality built into the interface. If you compare Teams to Lync, Lync is just a little box in the corner and it pops up and alerts you if someone is trying to contact you. With teams, you have to physically go in and look to see what is going on. The interface could be improved so that we don't have to manually check for things such as who is online.

I used Microsoft Teams for about four months, but I no longer use it.

This is a stable solution.

There were only two of us in the company who were using this solution. As such, we never need to scale it.

In this company, we did not use another solution prior to Teams. This was a quick and easy solution for instant messaging that was part of Office 365.

In my previous company, which was larger, there was an instant messenger called Lync that we used constantly.

Once I knew to look for it, I searched for it and started it. The deployment took a couple of seconds.

I set it up on my own.

As an instant messenger, Teams is not as good as Lync. However, it was built into Office 365 so we used it. We were only using it as an instant messenger, essentially trying to fill a hole rather than use it to its full capacity,

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody researching this solution is to look on YouTube to get an idea of what it can do, and use it to its fullest capacity. That is what I did because it wasn't really clear what we could do with the product or how I could use it.

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

EmreMACUN - PeerSpot reviewer
Microsoft Solutions Specialist at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
It is easy to install and the support is very good
  • "The initial setup was really straightforward and easy."
  • "I would like to see Outlook options added to this solution."

What is most valuable?

What I like most about Microsoft Teams, is that we can pin applications on the top of the group. So I don't need to go to the browser to search for something or I don't need to go to an application on my desktop if I use cloud applications.

What needs improvement?

We have had some problems uploading documents because of the GDPR status. So we must disable it to upload documents in Teams easily from users. If Microsoft Teams could do that, it would be great. There's a third part solution for this, but it can be too expensive for customers. So I would like to see an admin center added to this solution, so that I can block to upload the document for some users or for some groups.

I have been using Microsoft Teams for two years now.

The solution is very scalable - we have more than 500 users at this stage.

I don't use support from Microsoft Teams, but I bought Microsoft Solution from my other Microsoft Support Team and I like the support Microsoft gives. It is very good.

The initial setup was really straightforward and easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would like to see Outlook options added to this solution. But I recently saw some of the updates, and it seems that there is a way to get Outlook emails on Microsoft Teams. But I haven't experienced it yet. But more Outlook options would be nice. On a scale from one to ten, I will rate this solution an eight.

Information Technology Infrastructure Manager at a non-tech company with 501-1,000 employees
Easily scalable, good Skype features and excellent stability
  • "There is a new Skype feature in Teams that is excellent."
  • "The mobile application needs improvement. There are a lot of features on the web and desktop versions that aren't implemented yet on mobile."

What is our primary use case?

We are training an education company, so we primarily use the solution for this. We use it as a business communication tool among team members.

What is most valuable?

In terms of administrating through Office 365, I like the administration panel. The configuration is easy and powerful. Its integration within Microsoft is very good.

There is a new Skype feature in Teams that is excellent.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if more education features were added in future releases.

I've been using the solution for about a year or so.

The solution is very stable; we haven't had any issues.

The solution is very easy to scale.

We have never contacted technical support.

We previously used Microsoft's Yammer, but we've since switched to Teams.

The initial setup was straightforward. We simply enabled it and downloaded the software, then sent the link to everyone, so deployment was very quick. Since we have 6,000 people in the company, we deploy it in batches to teams. The deployment isn't finished quite yet.

We are handling the implementation ourselves.

We use the solution for free since we are an education company. If we need to deploy the solution to our conference rooms we would need to pay, but we don't need to do that right now.

What other advice do I have?

We use the mobile, desktop and web versions of the solution and we use the cloud deployment model. We're partners with Microsoft.

In terms of advice, I'd recommend others carefully plan the project before implementing the solution. Figure out how you can test it and make other people comfortable with using the product before they receive it. Microsoft actually provides very good guides that can help.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

AVP at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good group chat capabilities, and no problems with stability
  • "The group chat is very good."
  • "In the next release, I would like to have the interface modernized and brought more up to date."

What is most valuable?

The features in this solution are better than Skype for Business.

The group chat is very good.

What needs improvement?

We have been using this solution for a few months.

This is a stable solution.

Scalability and adding licenses is a straightforward process. We have had no issues at all.

We have a hundred or more people using this solution. They are all end-users.

We have an enterprise agreement with premium support for this solution. We haven't had an issue but we're covered in case we do. I would not be able to judge the quality of support for a normal user.

We were using Skype for Business, but Microsoft has stopped supporting it. In 2020, they will only provide new features for Teams, and not Skype for Business, which is why we switched.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward.

The helpdesk configured this solution for the users.

We are satisfied with the price of this solution. We have an enterprise agreement.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that I recommend. Neither myself nor the end-users have had issues since we began using this solution.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

System Architect at Silvery LLC
Improved communication between teams and within teams
  • "You can add teams to a conversation. You can create reports, project plans, or many other things based on Microsoft solutions. It has improved communication between teams and within each team."
  • "I think they can improve the all those segments for channel bulking. Also, some functionalities which migrated from Skype for Business to Teams, is not supported by Teams. We had used them in Skype for Business."

What is our primary use case?

We use Teams for onboarding. It helps with worker coordination.

How has it helped my organization?

You can add Teams to a conversation. You can create reports, project plans, or many other things based on Microsoft solutions. It has improved communication between teams and within each team.

What is most valuable?

There are many functionalities we can work with.

What needs improvement?

I think they can improve all those segments for channel bulking. Also, some functionalities which migrated from Skype for Business to Teams, is not supported by Teams. We had used them in Skype for Business.

I think it would be better if we had some improved planning on Teams.

We've been using this solution for around two years.

I think it's quite stable.

The product is scalable, but the organizations that I helped are around 1,000 users. Some organizations that are supported by our company have 1,000 or more people.

One administrator helped us with our experience of Office 365 and administered this solution. I think three would be enough to manage the solution.

Microsoft's support is okay.

There are no products that I can say have all of Teams' possibilities. There are separate products to maintain for all the functions I need, which I can now do in one product.

The initial set up is really easy. You can download a file setup from their portal as long as you are authorized to use it. One user took around five minutes to set up.

It is the standard license which is part of many Office packets.

What other advice do I have?

Just set up and enjoy. It is no problem to use this product.

I would rate this product as eight out of ten.

Project Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Excellent chat functionality with good stability but there are issues with synchronization

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for communication within our function teams. We use it for project organization, etc.

What is most valuable?

The chat functionality is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

We occasionally have issues with synchronization between different dates. This aspect of stability needs improvement.

The solution could be better integrated with SharePoint and have better workflows especially for writing drafts for review and release.

I've been using the solution for one month.

The solution is largely stable, but we do face issues around synchronization between different devices.

The scalability is good. It's not a problem to put more users onto the solution. We do plan to increase usage, but we'll take some time before doing so.

We previously used Skype occasionally for team communication.

The initial setup was easy. The company-wide deployment took several months.

We had an internal team handle the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend the solution.

I'd rate the solution 7.5 out of ten.

Head of Software department & Head of Security department at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Enables us to track the status of all the different tasks we have created but it is not a complete solution
  • "The product is continually growing to add new features and functionality."
  • "The product is immature and lacks some of the features and functionality you would expect in a collaboration tool."

What is our primary use case?

We are primarily using the product for collaboration and planning. We create tasks in the Planner, we can track the status of all the different tasks we have created and we can share the progress we achieve on these tasks between coworkers. It helps us measure progress and to collaborate.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is the Teams Planner module. This is a module where we enter projects and tasks that we want to track. We also use the Chats module and find that useful as well to work in conjunction with this tool.

What needs improvement?

One of the places where this product can improve is in file sharing. Using the Planner, it should be easier to link to external files. As the product is set up now, you are obliged to use links to files that will be stored in SharePoint. You cannot integrate files in a node. One of the reasons why we prefer using Trello at this point is because you can add links to the files on each card (project) as you want. It is more open and less limited.

The possibility to attach any kind of content to any card created in Planner is the reason why we didn't stop using Trello completely. With Teams, the constraint regarding the files means we have to separately log on SharePoint and to upload files on to OneDrive to share them. The added complexity means we are losing time over something that should be easier. If this feature could be enhanced so file attachment is easy, I think I would prefer to use Teams instead of Trello.

One functionality that could add value to the product would be better logging of histories. For example, when you've got a conference call and you're using Teams, it would be useful to have a record of the participants in the call. If you have a conference call where there are five participants, the product should be able to record this information as a history of the project without having to ask separately for introductions. Currently, the product is not able to track this information and it doesn't seem that Teams offers the possibility to track the history of the calls that have been completed.

Another feature that would be useful is the ability to create a VCF (Virtual Contact File) directly from an appointment, through the calendar, or through a phone call. It could be great if you just could right-click on the name of the contact and create a VCF file. Later, you will be able to import the contact into Outlook, for example. It could be a very useful time-saver.

We have been using Microsoft Teams for about one year.

I have never noticed any stability issues with Teams, so I think it's good. I don't think there is any need for improvement in that way except to maintain the level of stability as the product develops.

To be honest, we have never explored the possibilities for further expanding the capabilities of the program. I'm quite sure we can explore the addition of features and functionality that do a lot of interesting things. But because it is a bit clumsy to use the file attachments, which is really a basic task I try to avoid using it and I favor the use of Trello instead of Teams. Because we do not currently use it more, we don't do much exploration into scaling it. I don't think there is any real problem with scaling the number of users. But again, we have not been pushing the limitations or the product to scale its use.

We use Teams in the same way that we are using Trello but we lean toward using Trello because of the ability to attach files. So Trello is what we were using before and it is really still what we are using now. We have not migrated to Teams fully although we are using it for some projects and exploring the possibilities.

The product is still developing and may integrate better with Office 365 applications, but there is still a little bit missing in the functionality besides just the file attachments. I think it is possible to improve the interface. A lot of things I would expect to be able to do are currently impossible. I would like to be able to interact with objects better. For example, if you go in the call component and you look at your contacts, you don't have the capability to do much to interact with the contact object. You can launch a conversation and you can make a phone call but you cannot manage the contact object and I wish able to.

For example, you cannot right-click in order to copy the contact to collect the basic information. To be able to create a VCF file would be perfect. But even without going so far, there is a lot of little interaction that would be interesting to be able to do that we cannot. Currently, the product limitations are keeping us from migrating to expanding its use.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Teams as a seven as of now. But the quality of the product is rising from month-to-month. There is a lot of improvement. Microsoft is still developing it in a smart way. But at the moment it is not a complete solution.

Global Internal Communications Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Enhances workplace communications and adds new features almost daily
  • "It is an excellent all-around communications tool that works well for business purposes."
  • "It may be a little daunting to learn and is still a tool in development."

What is our primary use case?

I think we're use Microsoft Teams for almost everything when it comes to communications. When I call my colleagues, I no longer using the phone. Because I use Teams so much, I picked up the phone the other day and it was strange — It was like it was the first time I picked up the phone. I use Teams as a phone. Even on my smartphone, I call people using Teams.

We're using Teams to call people to set meetings, record meetings, share documents — all communication now goes through Teams. We create groups to share our documents and update them live. It is really very practical and collaborative.

How has it helped my organization?

It is improving our means of communication and I think in the future will encourage users to communicate better because it is fun to use and powerful.

What is most valuable?

The features that I like the most are the features we have now. I like every aspect of it. It is easy to use. It's on your phone, so it is mobile. You can respond without answering if you have a call or message. You can send emoticons so people know you have gotten their message. This type of response is very quick and doesn't leave the other party waiting. Those features are just like what you might do in WhatsApp or Messenger on Facebook. It is very familiar to anyone using those products.

One thing that we are looking to deploy — and we are testing it now — is to send and track kudos. We want to implement this new feature on a worldwide basis to thank team members for being good participants.

What needs improvement?

We work directly with Microsoft to provide feedback on the product and what we would like to see as improvements. I discover a new feature every day, so they're really working to develop it very quickly.

I would like also to have a feature where we create a worldwide group to act as a social media hub. The difference between that and groups is that it would be separate from all the other groups. I don't want it included in my Teams because I will use it in a different way. I can see the activity of other teams or individuals who are not on my teams. Because I'm using the product extensively and have many teams, I think it is an important addition to be able to organize groups in different ways — and I have put in that request with IS.

We have been using this solution for a couple of years exclusively.

I've heard some people complain and say, "Oh it's not working with me," but I never had any issue with Teams. I use it all the time and it is stable. It opens immediately when I open my computer, it's on my phone and it sends me notifications.

I have calls with people on it. Sometimes I even record video calls. The only time I have had any issues is when the network is not working well — maybe in high load times — but this happens with every means of communication like WhatsApp or other solutions that depend on the network. It isn't a problem with the package it is a problem with the network.

Our company has about 14,000 employees, but we are not all using the intranet. We are an industrial company and we have people working in manufacturing and they don't have access to computers all the time.

As far as scalability, we would like to have the ability to use the product off-site. That is, we want to be able to have remote people use Teams with us internally. This is the only thing I've heard that's posing a problem with scaling.

I have not directly had any experience with the Microsoft technical support team for Teams because we have an IS (Internet Services) group. If we open a ticket, the IS department is the group who will contact support.

Before we tried using Teams, we were using Skype. Now we are only using Teams because it is a more complete and business-oriented tool.

I was not directly involved in the deployment.

Our implementation was done by our own IS team.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to people who are considering this solution is that you have to be patient at the beginning. People might think it is too complicated or that it looks too complicated at the beginning. As a first time user, I remember feeling like I didn't understand anything. You have to be patient and play around with it until you become familiar with the different features. For example, there are channels within a group. If you are added to several groups and you start getting alerts, you may not know which channel it is or which group. It is a lot for a first time user to digest. It is not as straightforward as WhatsApp when it comes to groups.

What we have seen is that when we communicate our requests to Microsoft, we are getting back responses with the features we have asked for. There are many features that we request and we discover they are available in just a few days. Either many companies are making the same requests or Microsoft is answering our request, but the product is evolving quickly.

On a scale from one to ten, when one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Microsoft Teams as an eight. While I like the product a lot and I use it all the time, there is room for improvement.

Strategic Program Management at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Enables us to communicate in real-time and share documents in real-time
  • "I think what the team likes most is the improvements when it comes to communication."
  • "I would say that Microsoft Team invitations from the calendar within the solution could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this solution for project collaboration. It could be, for example, when we are developing a new product or taking a new product to market. We use it for designing, publishing and marketing assets, so basically team collaboration where we are working on a project. It helps with communication in the team and it allows us to share different documents or content with each other.

How has it helped my organization?

We used Skype for business in the past and we had a reasonable audio and visual experience when communicating with teams, if you have a scheduled meeting, for example. But now, with Microsoft Teams, we are able to communicate in real-time and share documents in real-time. And that is a really big improvement for us. The solution has a lot of capabilities in one application. Whereas in the past we had to use multiple applications. That, I would say, would be the biggest benefit that we've experienced, in that we have only one application that we can use to collaborate and speak with each other.

What is most valuable?

I think what the team likes most is the improvements when it comes to communication. We've been using Skype for business in the past but the audio and visual communication is really good with Microsoft Teams. I also really like the speed of the product and the way that the channels can be leveraged.

What needs improvement?

There is nothing that annoys me at the moment but perhaps the layout can be improved. In my experience working with Microsoft tools, they continuously work on usability. There are a few minor issues when scheduling meetings, and that is that some of the descriptions are really long. And there seems to be very little control over what a user could control in terms of the texts that appear. An invitation, for example, can look very complicated. So I would say that Microsoft Team invitations from the calendar within the solution could be improved.

I have been using Microsoft Teams for about six months now.

The solution is stable, I've never experienced it being unavailable or behaving in a peculiar way.

We are only 30 people using this program, but what I have not noticed any issues when more colleagues participate in Microsoft Teams. When usage increases, the program still offers a seamless, consistent experience. We may even add more users, so I believe the program is very scalable.

I haven't used the technical support yet, because I contact our administrator directly. But I know that he was working with Microsoft's technical team from time to time, as well as a third party that delivers hosting services.

We used Skype for Business before but Microsoft Teams came along with the Microsoft Office subscription that we had. We had subscriptions to Office. And then we moved from On Premise Exchange to Exchange Online. It was the natural choice to make. We do use other services from other providers, but I would say that Microsoft Teams is the most stable one.

From an end-user perspective, the initial setup was really straightforward. We started to use Microsoft Teams when we deployed Microsoft Exchange Online earlier this year, and as part of that, we adopted the use of Teams and Yammer. I have been using Microsoft Teams in the past, but it wasn't really until we as an organization had deployed it and exchanged online that we were all able to enjoy the benefits. Testing the application before was very fragmented.

Deployment took a couple of days. When we started to go from using Microsoft Outlook for mail, we started to integrate Yammer and Teams.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be that, if they're working with a similar product, they should have a change management program in place. They should also give themselves a few days at least to deliver some training for the users. I think the training is really important to enhance the user adoption experience. It doesn't have to be a lot, but at least give them an introduction and a guided tour through the program's features.

The biggest lesson I've learned is actually using a single application that can deliver all of the services that are required. Since I've only been using the solution for six months, I haven't even used all the features yet. I think that Microsoft Teams may replace Microsoft Outlook in the future.

On a scale from one to 10, I will rate this solution a seven. I think there's always room for improvement, even if it's not obvious what those improvements can be. I guess I could be tempted to say eight but not higher than that. I am very satisfied with Microsoft Teams.