We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Remote data access from anywhere, stable, and scalable
  • "The best feature in Microsoft Azure is that I don't have to change computers. I don't have to upgrade or if something breaks or a hard drive crashes. The lack of a physical aspect is the major feature for me."

What is our primary use case?

I generally, use Microsoft Azure for storage and to have applications running, such as the Microsoft Suite without having to have a physical desktop or hardware. I could use it wherever I want. I could use it from a tablet, instead of having all that files on a tablet, you can have it stored, saved, everything right there in Azure.

What is most valuable?

The best feature in Microsoft Azure is that I don't have to change computers. I don't have to upgrade or if something breaks or a hard drive crashes. The lack of a physical aspect is the major feature for me.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for approximately two years.

Microsoft Azure is stable.

I do not have to worry about scalability because I do not have users other than myself. However, it is scalable.

I have not had the need to contact the support, I have not any issues.

The installation was easy.

By using Microsoft Azure you can save money from not having to purchase or maintain infrastructure.

The price of the solution could be reduced. There should be a loyalty cost reduction model. If customers have been using the service year after year they should receive a discount.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise those thinking about using Microsoft Azure to try it out, especially for businesses. If you know that your office might be moving, instead of having all the cost of physical hardware to either get rid of or repurchase, the cost of the subscription is going to be a lot less than moving all your physical servers, storage devices, and computers. You won't have any maintenance, the need to worry about hardware breaking, hardware crashing, or people breaking any of the hardware. The workstations and connectivity are all they would need to worry about if they decided to move from one spot to the other.

I rate Microsoft Azure an eight out of ten.

Director of Analytics and Cognitive Computing at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
    Straightforward setup, helpful support, but better dashboards needed
    • "The solution has enabled us to provide advanced indicators and analytics to the client on their data."
    • "There are always new features to add in terms of additional indicators, improving the looks of the dashboard and stuff. There are some dashboards that are not attractive, we are looking to make them fancier and nice-looking."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Azure to store our data and build analytical tools on the platform. Our Trade Insight Dashboards allow users to explore trade and investment data for more than 150 countries. Users can discover the most traded products of each country, where they are sent to, where do opportunities lie, and which industry has the most potential.

How has it helped my organization?

Our data is kept in a secure, reliable, scalable platform. Data is easily available to our consultants and customers from anywhere around the world. We no more have on-premise servers. Azure has helped our digitalisation process and was key to our latest success.

What is most valuable?

The ability to scale up and down the azure services when needed. We could better manage our costs.

What needs improvement?

We work mostly with the data services and the SQL database features. We like the optimisation recommendations we get such as creation of indexes etc. What I would like to see further is  some basic data profiling stats or charts representing data stored to be integrated in the SQL database services instead of using other services such as the Azure Data Catalog.

I have been using Microsoft Azure for approximately two years.

Microsoft Azure has been stable for us, we have not faced any issues.

We have found Microsoft Azure to be scalable. Our business has not been growing very fast on the solution but it has the capability of expanding.

We can keep track of how many people are downloading the applications and there are approximately 2,000 people using the solution.

We have been in touch with technical support several times. The assistance and support provided was very good. 4 to 5 stars on average.

The initial setup is not complicated.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others before implementing this solution is to be well-documented in your needs and to have support from a solution provider. Additionally, be aware of exactly what support you might require before starting.

I rate Microsoft Azure a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Azure. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
    564,599 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    M A Nakib
    Asst. Manager, Cloud Solutions at Corporate Projukti Limited
    Easy to maintain with a simple initial setup but the pricing is a bit high
    • "The focus on security is excellent. We really appreciate that about the solution."
    • "The pricing in our region can be a bit high."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily have the solution working as an infrastructure as a service.

What is most valuable?

The maintenance of the solution is very good.

The migration capabilities are great.

The implementation is easy.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be a bit more intuitive and easier to use.

The documentation could be a bit better. It could be more clear and accessible. It would be good to know if the person answering the questions was a Microsoft employee or just another user.

The pricing in our region can be a bit high.

I've been using the solution for as long as three years at this point.

The solution is very stable. There's never any downtime. We don't deal with crashes or freezing. There aren't bugs or glitches. It works well.

The product is scalable. If a company needs to expand, it can do so easily.

Currently, we have 20 people that use the solution within our organization. We also have three or four admins.

Basically, the solution offers regional support and I'm okay with that. I don't need to worry about not getting the services I need. I've called and got support right away.  I'm quite satisfied with the level of service that is being provided to us.

The initial setup is not complex at all. It's straightforward as the product is basically focusing on a pay as you go model.

For our region, Bangladesh, the pricing of the product is too much.

What other advice do I have?

We're a gold partner with Microsoft in Bangladesh.

We're always using the latest version of the solution as Azure constantly updates itself.

I'd recommend the product to other organizations.

Overall, I would rate the solution at a seven out of ten. Mostly we've been happy with it, however, we do find the pricing  to be a bit high.

Senior Architect at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
    Good monitoring features and technical support, but the dashboards need to be improved
    • "The monitoring features are very good."

What is most valuable?

The monitoring features are very good.

What needs improvement?

Some of the dashboard features can be improved.

Some of the backup solutions for SAP are not compatible. For example, we have a Sybase database running, and Azure does not have an agent tool for connecting with it. This means that we have to use a third-party tool to properly backup our SAP Sybase system.

We have been using Microsoft Azure for between two and three years.

Azure is a stable product.

This is a scalable solution and we have been 200 and 300 people who use it.

The technical support is really good.

We have not used another public cloud.

We have an in-house team, and between 10 and 20 people maintain it.

The pricing model can be improved because we find that Azure pricing is a bit high.

We are planning to migrate our SAP system to the cloud, so we have been looking at and comparing different cloud solutions. We are analyzing and comparing Google Cloud Platform, Amazon, and the IBM Cloud. After we compare them all we will make a decision.

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of this product depends on the customer's requirements and needs. AWS is stable and nice, the Google Cloud Platform is really improving a lot, and IBM Cloud is also available. The decision for which to use will be based on what kind of solutions you are deploying and how you want to integrate them. Ultimately, it is best to choose the provider that is most suitable for your existing workload.

Overall, this is a good solution but there are certainly features that need to be improved, as well as the pricing.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
      Associate Manager at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
      Straightforward documentation, flexible, and helpful technical support
      • "I have found the solution to be flexible, easy to use, and the documents are straightforward to understand."
      • "When we are doing transfers of records in large amounts, for example, petabytes of data or few long datasets, the performance should not degrade as it does."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for executing the ADF pipelines through the database port. We provide the scripts in the database, we run it, and it goes through the ADF pipeline. Afterward, through the database command, the ADF pipeline will run and push the data into Azure SQL.

What is most valuable?

I have found the solution to be flexible, easy to use, and the documents are straightforward to understand. For example, it is flexible, we have a single pipeline that has three phases, within approximately 15 minutes the records get transferred into this solution efficiently.

Additionally, the solution is well integrated with other solutions such as Power BI.

What needs improvement?

When we are doing transfers of records in large amounts, for example, petabytes of data or few long datasets, the performance should not degrade as it does. I am working on big data platforms like Informatica and others and even though there are terabytes of data being transferred it does it immediately. However, in this solution, I would like the performance to be there when building a large dataset to integrate the data.

I have been using the solution for the past three years.

The solution is stable.

I have found the solution to be scalable. We use Teradata for large data and we are building the pipelines for it, so far it has operated well. We have approximately 25 individuals using the solution in my organization.

The technical support is very good, if you have an issue they will be able to help.

I have used Informatica in the past and it has some performance advantages compared to this solution.

The solution does require a license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others and we are going to continue using it in the future. We have numerous clients switching to this solution.

I rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

Team Manager - Public Cloud & Operations at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
      Scales well, reliable, has good support and you pay for what you use
      • "The most valuable feature of this solution is the integration between all of the components in Azure."
      • "I would like to see better policy-based management and everything related to security management could have been better integrated."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Azure for PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS solutions. It is used in a broad spectrum of business applications for general use.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

There are always areas for improvement. The integration is good but it can always be better.

The openness and the security policies can be better. It is missing a bit in everything related to the policies.

I have been working with Microsoft Azure for six years, and in my current company for more than two years.

We are using the latest version. It is a SaaS solution it is always updated

Microsoft Azure is stable and it's a reliable solution.

It is absolutely scalable. It is one of the major reasons we adopted public clouds, to have that scalability.

We have approximately 10,000 users who use at least some of the features of this solution.

We have contacted technical support. Overall we are pretty happy, but sometimes they are responsive and other times they are less responsive.

The initial setup is complex but it is more to do with the nature of what we want to achieve and less to do with the nature of the product.

To a certain extent, it is complex, but on the other hand, once you know what you are doing, nothing is complex.

Licensing is on a monthly basis. It is paid on a per-use basis.

I am quite happy with the pricing. You pay for what you get.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others who are interested in this solution.

I would rate Microsoft Azure an eight out of ten.

Nelson Boavida
      IT Unit Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
      Kubernetes service and API management are the most valuable, and it has very good stability and scalability
      • "Kubernetes service and API management are the most valuable."
      • "It should have a better hybrid-cloud central analysis. Their support service also needs to be improved. Our main concern is support calls. Our issue is basically related to the technical functionality of the services that we use. It doesn't behave as expected, and support often fails to solve the problem."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to extend our own data centers and banking scenarios for banking solutions.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides us with access to technology that's not available in any other form. It only exists in the cloud. In order to keep our solutions modern, we have to do it through the public cloud.

What is most valuable?

Kubernetes service and API management are the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

It should have a better hybrid-cloud central analysis. Their support service also needs to be improved. Our main concern is support calls. Our issue is basically related to the technical functionality of the services that we use. It doesn't behave as expected, and support often fails to solve the problem.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is pretty stable. It has very good stability.

It is scalable. There are no issues with scalability.

We have a maximum of 200 users. They include internal developers and other types of profiles.

Their support service needs to be improved.

It is complex because the solutions are complex. It depends on how you want to do the setup. For our business scenario, it is complex because there are a lot of security rules that are involved in it.

It is competitive with other public cloud providers, and its price is very close to different cloud providers. There is not a noticeable difference between different cloud providers. Otherwise, it would be a risk for them to have services that were much more expensive than their competition. They're pretty much neck to neck on pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to go for the closest possible platform as a service. Do not go for infrastructure as a service; go for platform as a service.

I would rate Microsoft Azure a nine out of ten.

Independent consultant
      The license is reasonable, and the packages are competitive
      • "Azure services like EDM and Batch are all famous, but one of the most popular services for development is Azure Functions, especially the PaaS option. Depending on a customer's environment, they can go for the PaaS."
      • "The management portal can be confusing sometimes. We have difficulty navigating the menus because the terminology is unclear, especially when referring to the content or actionable items."

What is our primary use case?

Most workloads can be migrated to Azure. For example, say a small business wants to have a website or even do development.

What is most valuable?

Azure services like EDM and Batch are all famous, but one of the most popular services for development is Azure Functions, especially the PaaS option. Depending on a customer's environment, they can go for the PaaS.

What needs improvement?

The management portal can be confusing sometimes. We have difficulty navigating the menus because the terminology is unclear, especially when referring to the content or actionable items.

I've been working as an Azure trainer for about a year and a half. In my last job, I was working with on-premises solutions, but the whole industry is transitioning to the cloud, so Azure, AWS, Google, and many other cloud providers are trying to get a market share now.

I don't have any issues with scalability or stability. We moved migrated from our physical infrastructure earlier, and we haven't seen any problems. It's more about the organization getting comfortable with the solution. That's the only thing.

Azure setup is straightforward. There is no comparison to on-premises deployment because it's all automated. It's very fast, but I can't compare the speed to other vendors because I've never deployed AWS or Google.

AWS is good, but Azure's license is reasonably priced, and Microsoft is gaining market share with a competitive package overall. Moreover, Microsoft is well ahead of AWS in terms of ease of use and billing, so I think I still love Microsoft. Obviously, both have a market, but customers working on development projects or using Microsoft products often go for Azure because of the license benefits and product support.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Microsoft Azure eight out of 10.

Microsoft Azure
      Download our free Microsoft Azure Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.