IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Micro Focus Network Automation OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Micro Focus Network Automation is #10 ranked solution in top Network Automation tools. PeerSpot users give Micro Focus Network Automation an average rating of 8 out of 10. Micro Focus Network Automation is most commonly compared to BMC TrueSight Network Automation: Micro Focus Network Automation vs BMC TrueSight Network Automation. Micro Focus Network Automation is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 34% of all views.

Download the Network Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Micro Focus Network Automation?

Micro Focus Network Automation helps IT organizations drive efficiencies by automating time-consuming manual compliance and network configuration tasks for the complete operational lifecycle of network devices from provisioning to policy-based network configuration management, compliance policy enforcement and reporting, and security administration. Micro Focus Network Automation also helps increase network stability and uptime by preventing inconsistencies and misconfigurations often created by manual processes.  When combined with Micro Focus Network Node Manager i, it delivers a unique integrated solution that delivers network fault, availability, and performance integrated with change, network configuration, compliance, and automated diagnostics that operates from a shared network topology database.

Micro Focus Network Automation was previously known as HPE Network Automation.

Micro Focus Network Automation Customers

Tech Mahindra, Avea, China Merchants Bank, NNIT, Distinctive Software Solutions, Virgin Media, NEC Australia, Osiatis, Hostworks, Retegal, Allianz Shared Infrastructure Services SE (ASIC), State of Kansas Division of Information Services and Communications (DISC)

Micro Focus Network Automation Video

Archived Micro Focus Network Automation Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user935673 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior at Bank of America
User
Helps the configuration backup be validated before and after any change in the network infrastructure

What is our primary use case?

To back up the configuration of all network devices in our environment on a regular basis so we have the most recent configuration of the device.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps the configuration backup be validated before and after any change in the network infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

Pushing the network configuration to bulk devices. This saves a considerable amount of time that the engineer spends in pushing the network configuration.

What needs improvement?

Compatibility of the devices needs to be enhanced, as it seems to be limited.  The discovery of the modules needs to be well-defined.
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, BMC, SolarWinds and others in Network Automation. Updated: June 2022.
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Three to five years.
it_user671313 - PeerSpot reviewer
Systems Network Engineer
It's great because you have a one-unit solution to aggregate network data. Technical support is not very good.

What is most valuable?

It's great because you have a one-unit solution to aggregate network data. So it's one entry point for getting all the configuration into the same dashboard or same application.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps to schedule tasks. We are really thinking about doing a lot of scheduled tasks to ensure that when when an engineer actually runs a script, that the script and the configuration that results after the script runs should be checked. We want all this automated for us.

What needs improvement?

I spoke with some other HPE customers who are using the same solution. They complain about the same thing. That the technical support is not very good. You have to always explain several times the same explanation just to be sure they understand. And every time we ask for an elevation of the case just because it's not getting where we want.

I have been using this solution for more than six years.

We just spoke with some of the product managers. We are getting some serious performance issues that have some serious repercussions for support. They may be working on it, but it takes time. Right now we have some serious performance issues.

It should be scalable. But right now we have some thresholds. We have older devices we are managing and we have some serious performance issues. So it's not that scalable. But the product manager says it should be okay. They have some customers who have many more devices. The application is working, so we are really are hoping that the support will find some clues.

The support is not very good.

When looking for a vendor, I look for reliability. A name is something, but if we have a solution that on every Monday morning the users are complaining because it's not working as it should, you can't count on it. It is difficult to support a solution that's not reliable.

Setup is quite easy right now. From what I saw in a recent presentation, it will be easier in the future because they will use some containerization. It should be even easier in the future. So installation is not quite an issue.

June 2022
608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user370173 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature is the auto-archiving of the contributions of network devices, including software updates. Another important feature is the policies and being able to see whether devices are compliant or not with those policies.

Improvements to My Organization

We're able to set security policies and configure devices exactly how we want them. We can do this quickly and securely.

Room for Improvement

An additional feature would be an FTP server which can can also be used remotely outside the confines of our physical infrastructure.

We've had no problems deploying it.

We've found some problems that may or may not have to do with our infrastructure. There are also some software defects that we've found. Apparently, we're not alone because other companies have they same issues.

It's relatively new for us and the amount of devices hasn't changed much. I think, though, that it will scale for us.

Technical support has been helpful.

The initial installation is simple, but afterwards you have to customize it and that part is complex.

Download our free Network Automation Report and find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, BMC, SolarWinds, and more!
Updated: June 2022