Kaseya VSA OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Kaseya VSA is the #2 ranked solution in top Remote Monitoring and Management Software and #5 ranked solution in top Patch Management tools. PeerSpot users give Kaseya VSA an average rating of 7.4 out of 10. Kaseya VSA is most commonly compared to Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager: Kaseya VSA vs Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager. Kaseya VSA is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 44% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.
Kaseya VSA Buyer's Guide

Download the Kaseya VSA Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Kaseya VSA?

Kaseya is a provider of complete IT management solutions for Managed Service Providers and small to midsized businesses. Kaseya allows organizations to efficiently manage and secure IT in order to drive IT service and business success. Offered as both an industry-leading cloud solution and on-premise software, Kaseya solutions empower businesses to command all of IT centrally, manage remote and distributed environments with ease, and automate across IT management functions. Kaseya solutions currently manage over 10 million endpoints worldwide and are in use by customers in a wide variety of industries, including retail, manufacturing, healthcare, education, government, media, technology, finance, and more. Kaseya, headquartered in Dublin, Ireland is privately held with a presence in over 20 countries.

Kaseya VSA Customers

Sage UK, MSP, CodeBlue Ltd, Connect Work Place Solutions, All Covered, 501cTech, Chairo Christian School, Green Duck

Kaseya VSA Video

Archived Kaseya VSA Reviews (more than two years old)

Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Efficient patching and good alert system, but the interface needs updating and technical support needs improvement
  • "The patching is very efficient and we can rely on the alerts that we receive."
  • "The predefined reports are not up to the mark and you have to do a lot of customization."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Kaseya for managing all of the inventory, accessing the nodes remotely, and patching them. This includes the operating system and third-party applications. We also use it for the monitoring of services, such as vendor services.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is remote access to the machine.

The patching is very efficient and we can rely on the alerts that we receive.

What needs improvement?

The GUI is not user-friendly. You have to search and dig deep into the options to find things. The overall look of the solution is dull and boring.

Technical support needs to be improved because the process is too long.

The reporting is not well organized. The predefined reports are not up to the mark and you have to do a lot of customization. Along with that, the process of customization is not very user-friendly. You cannot just put things into the GUI and get what you are looking for.

We have been using Kaseya VSA for between three and four years.

Kaseya VSA
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Kaseya VSA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This solution is quite stable. As it is on a public cloud, you just need a good internet connection to access all of the features. You probably need an internet speed of about five megabits to test all of the features.

It is quite scalable and easily manageable.

The support is not one of the features that Kaseya would be proud of. Whenever anything happens and you need support, they have a long process where you have to create a ticket that begins at level one with an email response. It moves to level two and if things don't get resolved there then you have to go to the engineering team.

We do have a Kaseya account manager that we can contact directly, and they usually help us.

I have used SolarWinds and it has a very friendly user interface that is self-explanatory. By comparison, Kaseya is a little bit glitchy. SolarWinds is quite costly and you have to pay a lot to get features that Kaseya is offering at a much lower price.

The initial setup is easy and you don't have to worry about a lot of things. You will get a link and just have to log in using your credentials. It is multiply authenticated in a two-stage process and then you are in. You just have to add your nodes to see all of the features.

If you are a technical person and are new to Kaseya then you will find it a little bit difficult to configure because of the GUI. This is unlike SolarWinds. However, if you just give it some time then you will get used to it and things will become quite easy to do.

We implemented this solution ourselves. We are a managed service provider and onboard products for our clients from time to time. We are asked to create approximately 1,000 machines on a monthly basis.

We did have some help from Kaseya during the initial configuration, but after that, we worked on our own.

The pricing is quite good and we are satisfied with it. It compares favorably to products like NinjaRMM and SolarWinds.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution and we like the group of people at Kaseya. The product is quite affordable compared to other RMM solutions on the market and we only have a few complaints.

On-call support, for example, would make for a very big improvement. Whenever someone has an issue, we can just directly call the number and speak with a technical person who can help us at that very moment. They would be able to take over your system on that very call, for example. Ideally, the reporting will also be improved.

The suitability of this solution depends on the need. For example, if you want to monitor your Linux environment and Linux services then the configuration is more difficult. That said, if you are using the PRTG Network Monitor or NinjaRMM then you cannot monitor Linux services. Ultimately, it depends on the use case.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Emmanuel Okojesu - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Analyst at FMDQ
Good training and support, but the patch deployment capability needs improvement
  • "The training that we received was quite good."
  • "I have been looking for a way to deploy patches via the internet to selected equipment from Kaseya VSA, but it seems impossible."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for remote management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is remote management. It is quite robust.

The training that we received was quite good.

What needs improvement?

I am having an issue with patch deployment. With a lot of people working remotely right now, it is difficult to deploy patches because most of my clients are not on the office network. I have been looking for a way to deploy patches via the internet to selected equipment from Kaseya VSA, but it seems impossible. This is something that I would like to have support for in a future release.

Kaseya seems to download Windows patches, although I have not found a way to select those patches that I want to roll out, as it is done in the System Center. In SCCM, you can select the specific patches that you want to roll out. The only option I have seen is to approve or deny all of the patches that are available.

The workflow is not quite straightforward.

I have been working with Kaseya VSA for between seven and eight months.

I would say that because it does the job, it is stable. I don't use it every day, but so far, I haven't had any problems.

We have about 200 users that are a combination of administrators, developers, and end-users. They do not work on it directly, but we capture the information from the endpoints on the developer's system.

We had two training sessions with the support staff and they were good. The sessions were recorded and I quite enjoyed them. Personally, I don't like to contact technical support and would rather research the problem myself. If I hit an obstacle then I will contact support.

Overall, the support is good and I am happy with it.

I have experience with Microsoft System Center and there are some things that are easier to do with it.

I was not present for the initial setup, as it was in place before I joined the organization.

What other advice do I have?

I have not tried automating any of the processes, although I have watched some videos and it seems to be straightforward.

My advice for anybody who is considering Kaseya VSA is to run a proof of concept first so that they have a fair idea of what they're going into.

Overall, I think that it is a good product and I may just have to better find my way around it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Kaseya VSA
November 2022
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Owner at Mencar Global Consulting SL
A solution that offers good remote management with easy scalability and stability
  • "The remote management is quite good. Also, the patch management and service desk are great features of the solution."
  • "Some configurations and abilities from the system are not of use. The solution should offer webinars or some sort of training offerings to help users learn what the system can do and how it can be done."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for remote management and remote control.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Although the service desk is good, it's not obvious. It's not easy to know exactly how the system is working and there's the possibility that we are not using some features as we should.

The management of patches also needs improvement. There are two ways to do that in the solution now, but one, the oldest one, as far as we have found, is working better than the newest one and this has created some problems. You should be able to handle the management of patches not only from Microsoft but also from other vendors.

Some configurations and abilities from the system are not of use. The solution should offer webinars or some sort of training offerings to help users learn what the system can do and how it can be done.

It would be useful, in the future, if there was a way to maintain another device's firewalls for simple switches.

I've been using the solution for three to four years.

In general, the stability has been good.

On the cloud deployment model, scalability is very easy. We currently have four to five techs on our solution.

Technical support is good. It can always be improved.

The initial setup is not complex if you use the cloud deployment model. There are some configurations that are not easy to find. You may also not know what the impact on the system will be if you change configurations. In general, the basic items are easy, but if you want anything beyond the standard setup, it's a little bit complex.

The time it takes to deploy the solution depends on the organization. In our case, we did a migration, but if you just start from zero, probably it's easier. For us, with the migration, deployment took about three or four weeks.

You need two people for deployment.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We used to use the on-premises deployment model, but we have since moved to the cloud.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

Owner at Mencar Global Consulting SL
The helpdesk is valuable but needs to be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

IT outsourcing.

How has it helped my organization?

IT services for our customers.

What is most valuable?

• Administration
  • Maintenance
  • Patching
  • Monitoring
  • Helpdesk.

What needs improvement?

Making the helpdesk more user-friendly.

Download our free Kaseya VSA Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022