IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is #6 ranked solution in top Firewall Security Management tools. PeerSpot users give Fortinet FortiGate Cloud an average rating of 8 out of 10. Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is most commonly compared to Fortinet FortiManager: Fortinet FortiGate Cloud vs Fortinet FortiManager. Fortinet FortiGate Cloud is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 24% of all views.
Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Fortinet FortiGate Cloud?

FortiCloud can help with your wireless and security challenges in a number of ways. Our solution addresses common IT difficulties including time-consuming provisioning, high investment costs, complex management, vulnerability to advanced threats, and the need to easily scale with growth.

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud was previously known as FortiCloud, FortiGate Cloud .

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Customers

Black Gold Regional Schools, Amadeus Hospitality, Jefferson County, Chunghwa Telecom, City of Boroondara, Dimension Data

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Video

Archived Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Reviews (more than two years old)

Sevan Chandra - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Lead at Nubewell
Integrator
Easy to use, good load balancing, and offers the potential to scale
  • "The solution is quite stable. I haven't had issues with it crashing on me. I don't recall running into any bugs or glitches. It's very reliable so far."
  • "When it comes to technical support, the problem we have found is that if an issue comes, it takes a day to get everything resolved. It could be faster. They can be better at optimizing how they answer tickets in terms of response times. There must be ways to make the process more streamlined. It would make it easier for their clients."

What is most valuable?

The load balancing of the solution is excellent. The QoS (Quality of Service) provided is very impressive.

What needs improvement?

When it comes to the overall product, I don't see places for improvement. It's excellent. The cost of the solution is too high. It should be adjusted to be more affordable for companies. Right now, I feel like it's far too much.

I've been using the solution for about a year at this point.

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud
July 2022
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiGate Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
610,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is scalable. We have 150 people on it right now in our company, but if we needed to expand it, I have no doubt it would be relatively easy. In fact, we're beginning to expand a little bit now and plan to increase usage in the future as well.

When it comes to technical support, the problem we have found is that if an issue comes, it takes a day to get everything resolved. It could be faster. They can be better at optimizing how they answer tickets in terms of response times. There must be ways to make the process more streamlined. It would make it easier for their clients.

We didn't previously use other options before we chose Fortigate Cloud. It was the first one we chose.

The initial setup is straightforward. I don't find it to be complex at all. Once we went through the documentation and all of the other items, it might have taken a day or so to set everything up and deploy the solution.

The solution is quite expensive.

We had a look at Silver Peak and a few other products. However, we heard from the reviews and at other expos that FortiGate would be the right solution for what we required, so we chose to try them out instead.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a user of the solution; I don't have a relationship to Fortigate. I'm not a reseller or integrator. I don't really have specific advice for other companies considering trying it, however, I think they would enjoy using the product. In terms of stability and ease of use, it's great. It's not complex at all. It's an approachable product. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd give it a perfect ten out of ten if we could get more leverage in terms of automation and integration. We'd really like to leverage automation resources in the future.

Information Technology Assistant at a manufacturing company
Very stable, easy to set up, and easy to implement reporting
  • "It's easy to use and the fact that I can schedule the report to come to my inbox at set times is very convenient for me."
  • "The solution should allow users to keep the data for longer than the current periods. I can't get any historic data after more than a month. I would like to be able to, after a year, look for trends from the past 12 months. It would make things much easier."

What is our primary use case?

Fortinet is what we use for our firewall and we get reports from FortiCloud. We use those to see the state of our network. We generally use it for reporting purposes whereby we see what's happening on our network at the end of each day or week.

What is most valuable?

The solution is definitely stable, which is its most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The solution should allow users to keep the data for longer than the current periods. I can't get any historic data after more than a month. I would like to be able to, after a year, look for trends from the past 12 months. It would make things much easier.

I've been using the solution for about a year.

The solution is quite stable. I haven't run into any issues where there were unexpected crashes or glitches.

I've never attempted to scale the solution, so I'm not sure how easy or difficult it would be to expand if one needed to.

We only have five people using the solution currently. They're all admin and support level individuals.

So far, we've been satisfied with technical support.

We didn't previously use a different solution. This is the first time we've implemented a product like this.

The initial setup was straightforward. I didn't find there were any complexities.

Deployment only took a few minutes and then it was ready to use.

I handled the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

We use the latest version of the solution.

I'd recommend the solution. It's working really well for us and is completely meeting our expectations.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Fortinet FortiGate Cloud
July 2022
610,812 professionals have used our research since 2012.
GireeshRamamurthy - PeerSpot reviewer
Principal Consultant at Epitome Infotech Solutions (P) Ltd
Security is improved through sandbox features and the technical support is good
  • "The sandboxing feature is very important."
  • "I would like to see a SIEM bundled together with this because customers are looking into better reporting and more proactive security solutions."

What is our primary use case?

I am a consultant and this is one of the solutions that I provide to my customers.

I am familiar with Sandboxing services and some of the other features. This solution is mainly used for securing events.

What is most valuable?

The sandboxing feature is very important.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, it would benefit this solution to have more advanced monitoring capabilities such as predictive analysis and reporting.

I have been using FortiCloud for five or six years.

We have not come across any problems with stability.

With respect to scalability, we have had no problems whatsoever.

We have been in contact with the Fortinet technical support a couple of times, although it has been for hardware-related issues and had nothing to do with our configuration. One of our customers had hardware that was failing quite often.

The technical support is pretty good and so far, we have no complaints.

This initial setup is pretty straightforward. I don't think that it is complex.

The entire firewall implementation will take a couple of days, maximum. This is with everything, all together.

Some of our customers purchase yearly licenses, while others purchase subscriptions that are three years in length. The price is over $1,000 USD annually.

What other advice do I have?

FortiCloud helps to enhance the security posture of any organization, and I definitely recommend looking into it.

it_user1242723 - PeerSpot reviewer
Company Owner at BCMC
Reseller
Easy to use and stable with good technical support
  • "The solution is very easy to use."
  • "There are European and US clouds and sometimes we mix them up. The solution should make determining the clouds more clear, or make one cloud instead of having separate ones."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for configuration management and network management.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use.

The technical support is very good. You only need to have a good internet connection in order to use it.

What needs improvement?

When you login to Forticloud you get directed to the Global site, even if you are based in Europe and you have to switch manually to the European site which can be confusing when you are not familiar to Forticloud, especially in the beginning and when you want to setup your first device. This should be more like a question when you log in, are you based in the US or are you based in Europe?

Pretty straight forward

I've been using the solution for four years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is fairly scalable. You can add and remove products yourself. Right now we have four users on it. At this time, we don't plan to increase usage.

Technical support is good if you ask the right questions. If you are specific, you'll be able to go straight through to the correct level of support.

We did not previously use a different solution.  We've been very satisfied with this service and don't plan to change.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I handled the implementation myself.

What other advice do I have?

We use the solution fairly regularly, on a daily basis. We're partners and resellers of the solution.

I'd recommend the solution. It's very good.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Download our free Fortinet FortiGate Cloud Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: July 2022