We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
IT Manager at Version 2 Limited
A reliable anti-malware and security suite for small, midsize, and large businesses
  • "It has a clean and clear interface."
  • "ESET Endpoint Security should offer more integration with multi-attack frameworks."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to protect our endpoints from malware, zero-day attack, etc.

What is most valuable?

It has a clean and clear interface. The performance on the endpoint, no matter the system, its resource usage is low. We have pretty good detection, at least I feel that we don't have any major infections — we love it.

We can use this solution to perform lots of tasks, like upgrading. We can integrate with Windows. Some of the patches don't update by default, by Microsoft. We can do some software installations, in-store — which is pretty easy. Whenever we upgrade, our lives become much easier.

What needs improvement?

ESET Endpoint Security should offer more integration with multi-attack frameworks. This is very important for large corporate businesses as it would provide protection against hackers, data breaches, etc.

I have been using this solution for roughly 12 years.

We experience some stability issues from time to time, but we can't confirm it's due to ESET. Some system tasks read past some script which makes it difficult for developing custom tasks. For normal installations, it's fine.

ESET Endpoint Security should be able to integrate with DLP better — that would be great. They already have EDR, but we don't use it. Some have more DLP functionality than others.

They have local support here, so they're pretty good. They seem to know what we need. Overall, I'd say their support is very good.

After we upgraded to version six, it's been pretty easy to continue upgrading. It's pretty straightforward to upgrade and install. 10 years ago, this wasn't the case. We had to install each upgrade one by one.

I think it's available for a pretty fair price. If you know how to use it, then it's a very fair price for what you get.

What other advice do I have?

They provide a free trial version. Install it and try it for yourself to see the performance and test the detection capabilities. Then you can see the result; that's what I remember the first time I tried ESET.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give ESET Endpoint Security a rating of nine.

Partner at a media company with 51-200 employees
Great stability with good tech support
  • "The stability is great."
  • "The solution could be more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to try to protect against bugs. I simply install it on all our computers, in its basic format, for the purpose of dealing with basic bugs. I do not have the capabilities to use the solution for more advanced purposes. Basically, we use it for protection.

What needs improvement?

I would like for the solution to be simpler to understand. While it satisfies our needs at the moment, it is really only understandable to those with a strong computer background. It could be more user-friendly.

The solution should provide a basic standard and give instructions on how one could go about doing more complex tasks. When it comes to basic capabilities, it is fine and straightforward, so I have no complaint in this regard.

The solution could be more cost-effective, but this is a blanket statement which can be made about anything.

We have been using ESET Endpoint Security for more than five years.

The stability is great. It is perfect and effortless, which is why I like the solution. There is no need to involve oneself with this.

I suppose the solution is scalable, although I have no personal knowledge of this. I have never attempted to scale it.

I have contacted technical support on a couple of occasions. I simply call Auckland and they instruct me how to proceed. I am satisfied with the support. It is good.

The initial setup was completely simple.

It took all of a few minutes.

I handled the installation independently.

The solution requires nearly no maintenance. There are only the regular updates, which it mostly handles on its own.

As is the general rule with anything, the solution could be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

We started using the solution based on the recommendations of several friends of mine who have much familiarity with computers and have simply continued to do so.

While I don't recall the exact figure, I believe there are seven or eight users making use of the solution. We use it on our server, as well.

I would definitely recommend the solution to others.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security as a ten out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about ESET Endpoint Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,599 professionals have used our research since 2012.
System Administrator at a engineering company with 11-50 employees
Beneficial central management, light on system resources, but detection speed could improve
  • "The solution is very lightweight and does not consume that much processor in terms of CPU utilization. The centralized management system is very good."
  • "The detection could be better in ESET Endpoint Security. Sometimes it takes time to detect threats and might be because it's not holding all the memory. There are some features that have to mature. More features might be available in the higher-end product."

What is our primary use case?

We use ESET Endpoint Security for system security.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very lightweight and does not consume that much processor in terms of CPU utilization. The centralized management system is very good.

What needs improvement?

The detection could be better in ESET Endpoint Security. Sometimes it takes time to detect threats and might be because it's not holding all the memory. There are some features that have to mature. More features might be available in the higher-end product.

The cloud version of the solution could improve.

I have used ESET Endpoint Security within the last 12 months.

The stability of ESET Endpoint Security is above average but excellent.

The application updates are very good. They do not affect the performance of the PC. If the users have a medium-scale PC the solution operates very well. If the user's PCs have the latest processor and it is updated, they can use some other product. A faster PC does not get impacted by the software if it is heavier on resources.

We do not have plans to increase usage at this time. We are not using the solution extensively.

ESET Endpoint Security does not require any maintenance, it is done automatically.

We are always looking at new product technology innovation.

I have evaluated Sophos' solutions.

There is some antivirus software, such as McAfee when it is very difficult to install the software on some devices. When we patch or make some reports, it does not show them in the report. It's not communicating with the licensed software or a similar issue.

What other advice do I have?

Technology is growing and changing fast. People are working from home, and office, products should be capable of handling the office and the home environments. This is the challenge.

My advice to others wanting this type of solution is to check all the Endpoint Security solutions available. The threat signatures and sandbox features are good to have if there is an attack, they can detect them and give updates for their users. The faster the better. The cloud versions of threat detection solutions are very good and are really important.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security a six out of seven.

Heber Ramirez
Head of Infrastructure at Almo
Robust, user-friendly and offers good technical support
  • "Technical support has been very good. They are helpful and responsive."
  • "We would like to see more options in the help menu for users."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for managing the security of the endpoints.

What is most valuable?

The product is very user-friendly. It's easy to navigate and understand how to access its features is simple.

Overall, we've enjoyed using the product. It's been good.

The pricing is quite fair. It's not too expensive. We don't have any complaints.

We've found the customization to be very good.

It's not hard to integrate other products.

The stability has been very good. We haven't had any issues so far.

The initial setup is very easy. It's not a complex process.

Technical support has been very good. They are helpful and responsive.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see more options in the help menu for users. If they had more information there to help us troubleshoot or answer specific questions, that would be helpful.

I've been using the solution for four years or so.

The stability is very good. We haven't had any issues. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very robust.

I've never tried to scale the solution. We have never needed to scale the solution out and therefore never researched that aspect.

We have about 50 people on the solution currently.

Technical support has been very good. We find them to be knowledgeable and responsive. We're quite satisfied with their help we receive.

The initial setup is not difficult. It's very, very easy.

The deployment doesn't take very long. Normally, we take two or three months or so to handle the implementation from beginning to end.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and end-user. We are not a partner or reseller. We don't have a special relationship with the company.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using at this time.

I'd recommend this solution to other organizations.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate the solution at a nine. We've been quite happy with its capabilities.

Hybrid Cloud
Md.Jasim Uddin
Assistant Manager at Cosmopolitan Communications Limited
Good protection with reasonable pricing and good data encryption capabilities
  • "The pricing is good."
  • "While we see dangers within our security system, it would help if there were popups that could immediately alert us or the user of the endpoint that something was detected."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution primarily for endpoint security. In Bangladesh, I can choose the immediate endpoint security that I've installed for the channel. I went for online protection.

What is most valuable?

The protection on offer is good.

The solution allows for data encryption, which is helpful.

The pricing is good.

The solution is scalable.

The stability has been decent.

What needs improvement?

While we see dangers within our security system, it would help if there were popups that could immediately alert us or the user of the endpoint that something was detected. That way, you have an immediate warning and have to think about if you want to continue what you are doing or not. Right now, it's too slow to react, rather, allows us to react too slowly.

The performance could be better.

I've been working with the solution for the last couple of months. It hasn't been that long just yet.

Aside from not having immediate alerts to potential dangers, the solution is stable.

The solution can scale just fine.

Right now, the use is limited. We've only had it for a few months.

Currently, we're not using any technical support. Although we might in the future, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are right now. I've never contacted them.

The pricing of the product is fair. We don't find it to be overly expensive or unreasonable.

I've tried other endpoint security trials and have found ESET to be superior.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user. I don't have a business relationship with ESET.

At this time, I only have it on my workstation.

The product is good for most endpoints, including laptops and desktops and works well with iOS and Windows systems.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. I've been happy with the results I've gotten so far.

Information Security Engineer at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Quality signature-based detection, priced well, but EPP and EDR should be combined
  • "This solution has a traditional antivirus, I believe that signature-based detection is most valuable."
  • "We are looking to move towards an EDR solution rather than EPP. EDR is a solution that can dynamically detect threats based on the process behavior. It would be better if this solution was an EDR and an EPP solution, this would increase security protection."

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for the detection and mitigation of threats.

What is most valuable?

This solution has a traditional antivirus, I believe that signature-based detection is most valuable.

What needs improvement?

We are looking to move towards an EDR solution rather than EPP. EDR is a solution that can dynamically detect threats based on the process behavior. It would be better if this solution was an EDR and an EPP solution, this would increase security protection.

The solution is on-premise and many of our agents if they are out of the network, can hardly communicate.

I have been using the solution for three years.

The stability depends on the use case. Based on our organization, it is not that reliable. We do require some more advanced endpoint security solution such as the EDR capability.

The scalability is very good. If you need to increase the number of systems then it is flexible and able to be scaled. We have approximately 500 users using the solution in my organization.

I have experienced great customer support from the solution, they were responsive.

The installation was complicated.

The solution was implemented by our IT infrastructure team. I am not aware of what challenges they had faced, but they had faced a number of challenges.

The license is annually, and the price is low compared to competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution only if they can add additional features. ESET have an EDR capable solution. However, they should combine the EPP and EDR together. When they can be simultaneously used I think it will be better and more towards perfection.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security a six out of ten.

Founder/President at Chameleon Technology S.A.
Fast virus detection, powerful firewall, and stability exceptional
  • "I would say that this solution has the best support team in this kind of Endpoint protection product."
  • "In the future, a cloud version of the solution would be great."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution as an antivirus, a local firewall, and anti-malware protection.

What is most valuable?

The best features of this solution are the fast anti-malware and antivirus detection, and the powerful local firewall.

What needs improvement?

In the future, a cloud version of the solution would be great. The interface is too complicated, our clients contact us because they are not able to do some tasks such as updating. In addition, updating the toolkit and detection feature would be advantageous.

I have been using the solution for three years.

The stability is the best.

A lot of our customers are small businesses but we did not have issues with scalability with the solution.

I would say that this solution has the best support team in this kind of Endpoint protection product.

The setup is complicated, there are too many elements to configure.

One of our customers who was scheduled to renew 120 licenses in March, is evaluating other solutions because they must have one that is fully in the cloud. ESET is AWS implementation, it is not a true cloud solution.

We have some other customers that are evaluating other solutions such as Broadcom, Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, and Microsoft. Additionally, some of our larger business customers with more users are evaluating F-Secure.

If I was to compare ESET and Symantec, one of the enormous differences is Symantec provides a cloud version.

What other advice do I have?

We have had a reduction of customers for this product do to the pandemic slowing down operations.

I rate ESET Endpoint Security an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
ILAN SCHWARTZ
CIO at Getter group LTD
Very good endpoint feature, simple to use, and a reasonable price
  • "The solution has a very good endpoint feature."
  • "The feature is somewhat lacking in security protection."

What is our primary use case?

We are customers and resellers of ESET.

What is most valuable?

We use all the features that ESET offers, and I particularly like the endpoint feature.

What needs improvement?

We are constantly facing new threats and if ESET could incorporate an implementable feature that wouldn't require us to buy an additional product to protect the endpoint, that would be very good.

I've been using this solution for almost four years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable, we've implemented it in every workstation in the company. We have close to 350 licenses. We have just one person dealing with maintenance, the solution updates every day from the internet. Any new upgrades self-implement.

Our administrator is usually the one that has contact with technical support. We can email them when necessary and we have a good relationship with them. It's very good for us.

We previously used a different endpoint solution but I don't remember the name. We switched for two reasons. Firstly, in the previous solution, the implementation of the different versions to the endpoint was a little complicated. And secondly, the price. ESET is a more reasonably priced solution for us.

I know that Cisco also has good endpoint products and it's something we would evaluate and consider. We'd like to see if it can be implemented in our company.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to read all the documentation as it will make implementation easier.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Download our free ESET Endpoint Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.