We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Head IT at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Scalable, useful artificial intelligence and remote execution tools
  • "The features I have found valuable are artificial intelligence, which protects us against malicious forces of any kind, and device control through the remote execution tool."
  • "The training provided could be better. There is a need to have more training to allow us to fine-tune our settings. Not that training is not comprehensive; they do provide training in hotels where we can go and see videos and other helpful information. However, they should be providing hands-on experience to the system administrators because this would be more useful. The training is normally for corporations and should be available for personal users as well."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for endpoint protection.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, there should be an IT help desk remote controller so that we do not need to go to a separate IT help desk. If there are any issues from the end-users, they should not need to use another tool to connect to the system, desktop, or anything else. If they would be able to facilitate this it would be easier for our engineers to raise a ticket and have the SLAs to support them.

I have been using this solution for approximately two years.

The solution has been scalable in our experience.

The installation is straightforward. My engineers were trained by the partners on how to install the solution in all the areas, for example, the sensors. We did require the initial guidance but if you have prior experience with any other solutions, I do not think people should require special training or instruction. It is a simple and lightweight tool.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete an eight out of ten.

Information Technology Manager and ISMS Auditor at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Effective alerts, excellent technical support, and many install options
  • "If there is something wrong or not normal in the endpoint CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is very responsive."
  • "The solution needs to have human involvement, they could improve by having more automation where the solution can take the necessary action on time and more accurately."

What is our primary use case?

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is used to inform the IT or security analyst if there is something happening inside the endpoint. Additionally, the EDR can take an action by itself if there is something abnormal happening inside the endpoint.

What is most valuable?

If there is something wrong or not normal in the endpoint CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is very responsive. It will give an alert that is very useful and it takes action automatically. There at times needs to be some manual intervention but it is less often.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to have human involvement, they could improve by having more automation where the solution can take the necessary action on time and more accurately.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The solution is stable.

I have found the scalability very good.

We have approximately 1,000 users using this solution in my organization.

The technical support is excellent.

The installation is easy. We can install it through Windows Active Directory, send the files to the end-user to install it, or the IT department can install it remotely. The time it took for the full installation throughout our organization took 35 days.

We have four to five people that do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

The solution is priced fairly. For the features you receive, it is worth the money.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete ten out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about CrowdStrike Falcon Complete. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,643 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Cybersecurity Advisor at a security firm with 201-500 employees
A scalable end-point protection solution with a useful incident management feature
  • "I find the incident management feature valuable because it identifies new types of viruses and sends an alert to the console administrator to check the hardware."
  • "It would be better if they offered other language options. It's only in English, and in Latin America, we mostly speak Spanish."

What is most valuable?

I find the incident management feature valuable because it identifies new types of viruses and sends an alert to the console administrator to check the hardware.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete also shows the levels of the rights for both PCs and servers. It also checks the threats and all the attacks on the internet. I also like the console, the interface, the reports, and the dashboard. It's a good product.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if they offered other language options. It's only in English, and in Latin America, we mostly speak Spanish.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is scalable. It's good because you only pay for what you need. If I need 100 agents or if I want to scale to 500, I just have to pay for it because the solution is in the cloud. The companies pay for the users they need.

Technical support is good. The company also offered training for resellers.

The initial setup is easy because of the admin login on the platform. You just send the link to the end-user, click it, and set up the agent. It's that easy. It takes about five minutes to deploy this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users to uninstall other antivirus products before installing this solution. If you don't do it, it will affect its performance.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give CrowdStrike Falcon Complete a nine.

Private Cloud
Sr Telecom Analyst at a construction company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Real-time response features, in-depth data collection, and top level stability
  • "The real-time response features are valuable for us."
  • "The documentation that they had for the use of their API's was not very helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for AB protection and endpoint detection and response.

What is most valuable?

The real-time response features are valuable for us.  The depth of data that the agent collects is all very helpful, and on a forensic standpoint as well.

What needs improvement?

The documentation that they had for the use of their API's was not very helpful. It took us a lot of time to work through their API on how to do it programmatically. Aside from that, we really have not had very much trouble with Crowdstrike.

For an upcoming feature, adding more Linux support for real time response analytics would be helpful. This might be on their roadmap, or maybe even in a very pending release.

We have been using the solution for approximately four months.

Comparing the stability of the solution to other similar products it is at the top.

The scalability was good.

The technical support has been good the entire time. We had the one issue with the APIs but we already dealt with that. The technical support has been good on all of our issues.

The setup is simple and the deployment is straightforward for the agents.

What other advice do I have?

I did not give the solution a ten out of ten because there is always room for improvement.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete a nine out of ten.

Director Operaciones SOC at IQSEC SA
Good managed detection and response features, and easy to use, but the reporting needs to be improved
  • "The most valuable feature is the Managed Detection and Response."
  • "All of our customers complain about the reporting and say that it is very poor."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is one of the products that we offer to our customers. We have several different customers for which we provide this software as a service. In other cases, customers purchase licenses for it through us and we administrate it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the Managed Detection and Response.

What needs improvement?

All of our customers complain about the reporting and say that it is very poor.

Technical support in Latin America could be improved.

It is not difficult to use and it is fast to implement.

I would like to have a feature to collect logs and explore the information.

In the next release, I would like to have a simplified remote installation.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete

It is easy to scale this product. We have approximately 20,000 users.

Technical support in Latin America is delayed. Many times, the customers ask for something from support but they speak Spanish, and that delays the response.

The initial setup is straightforward and pretty easy to complete.

The implementation is fast.

The average price is approximately $500 per customer.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
KhushruMistry
Chief Information Officer and Senior Vice President at Eureka Forbes Ltd
Easy initial setup
  • "The initial setup was easy."
  • "An MDM, Mobile Device Manager, should be added in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for protecting the endpoints.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution simplified our structure.

What is most valuable?

The Falcon Spotlight is a most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

While the pricing does not bother us, it is a bit on the high side. It could be lower.

An MDM, Mobile Device Manager, should be added in the next release.

We just started implementing CrowdStrike Falcon Complete a couple of weeks ago.

We have only recently started to implement the solution, so I am not in a position to comment on its stability.

We have not had occasion to contact technical support.

We did not use a different solution in the past.

The initial setup was easy.

We handled the initial setup on our own. We make use of CrowdStrike's help.

The pricing could be lower. The solution is a bit expensive.

In addition to CrowdStrike Falcon Complete, we also looked at FireEye from Palo Alto and at other solutions from Symantec. We decided to go with CrowdStrike Falcon Complete.

What other advice do I have?

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete as an eight out of ten.

Director of Cloud Security at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Good reporting engine and dashboard, good endpoint controls, and effective for protection
  • "It is an endpoint protection product. It has a very good reporting engine and dashboard. It has a good set of endpoint controls. It provides an effective set of protections. When we throw malware and stuff like that at it, it is able to stop them."
  • "The downside that we see with CrowdStrike is that it is not part of a broader ecosystem. It is an endpoint product. They don't sell firewalls or a broader cybersecurity ecosystem. Some of the behavioral detections could be more robust. It does a good job of stopping common tools and techniques, but when it comes to using Windows utilities, such as PowerShell, etc, it doesn't stop them. These are some of the things where we have been able to get past it. An argument there can be that these are administrative tools, not malware, so maybe it is not its job to stop it, but we see some of the competitive products doing a very good job of detecting behaviors as opposed to malware."

What is most valuable?

It provides an effective set of protections. When we throw malware and stuff like that at it, it is able to stop them.

What needs improvement?

The downside that we see with CrowdStrike is that it is not part of a broader ecosystem. It is an endpoint product. They don't sell firewalls or a broader cybersecurity ecosystem.

Some of the behavioral detections could be more robust. It does a good job of stopping common tools and techniques, but when it comes to using Windows utilities, such as PowerShell, etc, it doesn't stop them. These are some of the things where we have been able to get past it. An argument there can be that these are administrative tools, not malware, so maybe it is not its job to stop it, but we see some of the competitive products doing a very good job of detecting behaviors as opposed to malware.

I have been using this solution for about a year.

It is stable.

It is scalable. We haven't run into any scalability issues

What other advice do I have?

I would rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete a nine out of ten.

Senior Solution Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Valuable AI technology, scalable, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for security.

What is most valuable?

I have found AI technology most valuable in the solution.

I have been using the solution for the last two months.

My customers have not had any issues with the stability.

We have a customer that has 8,000 users. The solution is suitable for large size companies, it scales well.

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for security.

What is most valuable?

I have found AI technology most valuable in the solution.

I have been using the solution for the last two months.

My customers have not had any issues with the stability.

The technical support is good. However, the technical support is outsourced to India which causes some language barriers. I am not sure if this is still an issue, they might have allotted more suitable representatives.

The installation can be complex depending on the type of environment the solution is installed in.

We do the implementation of the solution.

There is a license for this solution and everything is included. However, The price of the could be lower.

What other advice do I have?

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete an eight out of ten.

Download our free CrowdStrike Falcon Complete Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.