IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why
IT Analyst at a government with 5,001-10,000 employees
Proven to improve our meantime to closure, and provides a much richer and broader scale of intelligence to each of the incidents and detections
  • "The threat intelligence of CrowdStrike Falcon is the most valuable feature."
  • "The solution could use an on-demand scan feature."

What is our primary use case?

We use CrowdStrike Falcon Complete as an endpoint detection and response solution. We have over 10,000 users of this product. It requires less than 10 staff to deploy and maintain CrowdStrike. We are looking at rolling out more features of the product.

How has it helped my organization?

CrowdStrike has improved our meantime to closure on incidents. By enabling us to have more contextual awareness for each of the detections, it provides a much richer and broader scale of intelligence to each of the incidents and detections.

What is most valuable?

The threat intelligence of CrowdStrike Falcon is the most valuable feature. I also  enjoy their contextual awareness, endpoint detection and response.

What needs improvement?

The solution could use an on-demand scan feature.
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about CrowdStrike Falcon Complete. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using CrowdStrike Falcon for 18 months.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is stable.

The solution is scalable. We did a proof of concept with CrowdStrike versus others. CrowdStrik lived up to these capabilities.

I have used their technical support, and they are good. I would rate them a four out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We were using a couple of other solutions before CrowdStrike and decided to move away from them as they weren't as good.

The initial setup of CrowdStrike is fairly straightforward. I would rate the initial setup a four out of five.

We used a professional service, an integrator, to implement the solution. Our organization is complex, so the roll-out took a couple of months.

What other advice do I have?

From what I understand from our network architect, CrowdStrike Falcon is good value for the money required. We receive good service and support. The training is excellent. They offer a number of free classes to train users and analysts. It is a very capable product. I would rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete an eight out of ten overall.

Hybrid Cloud
Sr Manager - Information Security & Researcher at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Can be used to dig deeper while doing an investigation
  • "Its IOCs alerting mechanism is good. I think it is AI based and categorizes behaviors which are unusual."
  • "Pricing is definitely a problem. It could be cheaper for licensing."

What is our primary use case?

It's an EDR group solution. We use it for behavioral-based analysis.

On our endpoints, we have signature-based and behavioral-based analyses, and we use CrowdStrike Falcon Complete for behavioral-based analyses.

What is most valuable?

I think it has very good features that help dig deeper while doing an investigation. Its IOCs alerting mechanism is good. I think it is AI based and categorizes behaviors which are unusual.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete has good instrumentation, and the user interface is good too.

What needs improvement?

Pricing is definitely a problem. It could be cheaper for licensing.

I've been using CrowdStrike Falcon Complete for 5 years.

It is stable.

It is scalable as well. It's a cloud-based solution, so I don't doubt the scalability. I think it's good.

We have 6,000 end users who are using it.

The technical support is good. You raise a complaint, and they respond immediately.

The installation was smooth and didn't take much time.

We did it by ourselves. We have two or three engineers who run it and perform the rolling, installation, and upgrades.

We have a yearly license, and it could be cheaper.

We evaluated Trend Micro and Sophos before choosing CrowdStrike Falcon Complete.

What other advice do I have?

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is great, and I would rate it at eight on a scale from one to ten.

If you go with this solution, I think that you should also obtain another service called Hybrid Analysis, the premium edition. I think with this, you'll get malware samples you can correlate, and it will be a good tool for the SOC team.

June 2022
608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Head Of Information Security (CISO) at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Strong security solution with user-friendly dashboard and great features
  • "There are many different modules with this solution where vulnerability and inventory management can be carried out. The solution has a good dashboard and offers a lot of insights into your systems."
  • "I would like to have the option to deploy on-premise."

What is our primary use case?

This is a security solution used for its antivirus, endpoint detection, and response capabilities.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like to have the option to deploy on-premise.

I have been using this solution for two and a half years.

This solution is very stable.

Since this is a SaaS, it is very scalable. Based on your requirements, you are able to scale on the fly whenever necessary. We currently have over five thousand users.

I had to contact support for some minor issues and they were able to help us out pretty well.

We previously had a signature-based AV prior to switching to CrowdStrike.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward but can vary based on the individual organization's requirements. You do need to push clients to the endpoints which can take time but the overall configuration does not take that much time.

We used a partner for installation.

We now have two administrators and one round-the-clock manager for maintenance of the platform.

There is an annual subscription.

What other advice do I have?

CrowdStrike is one of the top two EDRs on the market. Since the solution is lightweight, it is able to offer a lot of features and provide you with strong protection against different attacks.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Head IT at a consumer goods company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Scalable, useful artificial intelligence and remote execution tools
  • "The features I have found valuable are artificial intelligence, which protects us against malicious forces of any kind, and device control through the remote execution tool."
  • "The training provided could be better. There is a need to have more training to allow us to fine-tune our settings. Not that training is not comprehensive; they do provide training in hotels where we can go and see videos and other helpful information. However, they should be providing hands-on experience to the system administrators because this would be more useful. The training is normally for corporations and should be available for personal users as well."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for endpoint protection.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, there should be an IT help desk remote controller so that we do not need to go to a separate IT help desk. If there are any issues from the end-users, they should not need to use another tool to connect to the system, desktop, or anything else. If they would be able to facilitate this it would be easier for our engineers to raise a ticket and have the SLAs to support them.

I have been using this solution for approximately two years.

The solution has been scalable in our experience.

The installation is straightforward. My engineers were trained by the partners on how to install the solution in all the areas, for example, the sensors. We did require the initial guidance but if you have prior experience with any other solutions, I do not think people should require special training or instruction. It is a simple and lightweight tool.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete an eight out of ten.

Information Technology Manager and ISMS Auditor at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Effective alerts, excellent technical support, and many install options
  • "If there is something wrong or not normal in the endpoint CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is very responsive."
  • "The solution needs to have human involvement, they could improve by having more automation where the solution can take the necessary action on time and more accurately."

What is our primary use case?

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is used to inform the IT or security analyst if there is something happening inside the endpoint. Additionally, the EDR can take an action by itself if there is something abnormal happening inside the endpoint.

What is most valuable?

If there is something wrong or not normal in the endpoint CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is very responsive. It will give an alert that is very useful and it takes action automatically. There at times needs to be some manual intervention but it is less often.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to have human involvement, they could improve by having more automation where the solution can take the necessary action on time and more accurately.

I have been using this solution for approximately one year.

The solution is stable.

I have found the scalability very good.

We have approximately 1,000 users using this solution in my organization.

The technical support is excellent.

The installation is easy. We can install it through Windows Active Directory, send the files to the end-user to install it, or the IT department can install it remotely. The time it took for the full installation throughout our organization took 35 days.

We have four to five people that do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

The solution is priced fairly. For the features you receive, it is worth the money.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete ten out of ten.

Cybersecurity Advisor at a security firm with 201-500 employees
A scalable end-point protection solution with a useful incident management feature
  • "I find the incident management feature valuable because it identifies new types of viruses and sends an alert to the console administrator to check the hardware."
  • "It would be better if they offered other language options. It's only in English, and in Latin America, we mostly speak Spanish."

What is most valuable?

I find the incident management feature valuable because it identifies new types of viruses and sends an alert to the console administrator to check the hardware.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete also shows the levels of the rights for both PCs and servers. It also checks the threats and all the attacks on the internet. I also like the console, the interface, the reports, and the dashboard. It's a good product.

What needs improvement?

It would be better if they offered other language options. It's only in English, and in Latin America, we mostly speak Spanish.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is scalable. It's good because you only pay for what you need. If I need 100 agents or if I want to scale to 500, I just have to pay for it because the solution is in the cloud. The companies pay for the users they need.

Technical support is good. The company also offered training for resellers.

The initial setup is easy because of the admin login on the platform. You just send the link to the end-user, click it, and set up the agent. It's that easy. It takes about five minutes to deploy this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users to uninstall other antivirus products before installing this solution. If you don't do it, it will affect its performance.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give CrowdStrike Falcon Complete a nine.

Private Cloud
Sr Telecom Analyst at a construction company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Real-time response features, in-depth data collection, and top level stability
  • "The real-time response features are valuable for us."
  • "The documentation that they had for the use of their API's was not very helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for AB protection and endpoint detection and response.

What is most valuable?

The real-time response features are valuable for us.  The depth of data that the agent collects is all very helpful, and on a forensic standpoint as well.

What needs improvement?

The documentation that they had for the use of their API's was not very helpful. It took us a lot of time to work through their API on how to do it programmatically. Aside from that, we really have not had very much trouble with Crowdstrike.

For an upcoming feature, adding more Linux support for real time response analytics would be helpful. This might be on their roadmap, or maybe even in a very pending release.

We have been using the solution for approximately four months.

Comparing the stability of the solution to other similar products it is at the top.

The scalability was good.

The technical support has been good the entire time. We had the one issue with the APIs but we already dealt with that. The technical support has been good on all of our issues.

The setup is simple and the deployment is straightforward for the agents.

What other advice do I have?

I did not give the solution a ten out of ten because there is always room for improvement.

I rate CrowdStrike Falcon Complete a nine out of ten.

Director Operaciones SOC at IQSEC SA
Good managed detection and response features, and easy to use, but the reporting needs to be improved
  • "The most valuable feature is the Managed Detection and Response."
  • "All of our customers complain about the reporting and say that it is very poor."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and CrowdStrike Falcon Complete is one of the products that we offer to our customers. We have several different customers for which we provide this software as a service. In other cases, customers purchase licenses for it through us and we administrate it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the Managed Detection and Response.

What needs improvement?

All of our customers complain about the reporting and say that it is very poor.

Technical support in Latin America could be improved.

It is not difficult to use and it is fast to implement.

I would like to have a feature to collect logs and explore the information.

In the next release, I would like to have a simplified remote installation.

CrowdStrike Falcon Complete

It is easy to scale this product. We have approximately 20,000 users.

Technical support in Latin America is delayed. Many times, the customers ask for something from support but they speak Spanish, and that delays the response.

The initial setup is straightforward and pretty easy to complete.

The implementation is fast.

The average price is approximately $500 per customer.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free CrowdStrike Falcon Complete Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: June 2022