We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Shantanu Chande
Lead Project Engineer at Peristent Systems
Takes good security measures and is user friendly
  • "Blue Prism takes good security measures and is user friendly."
  • "The domain in regards to cognitive abilities and the use of processing activity needs improvement. They have added this capability, but that's not really big in the public. It is more also available for gold partners. So they should improve the user activity for the public or even the regular customer."

What is most valuable?

Blue Prism takes good security measures and is user friendly.

What needs improvement?

The domain in regards to cognitive abilities and the use of processing activity needs improvement. They have added this capability, but that's not really big in the public. It is more also available for gold partners. So they should improve the user activity for the public or even the regular customer. It can add a good amount of scalability.

I have been using Blue Prism since 2014.

It is stable.

We have 300 resources that are using Blue Prism at different levels.

It can be maintained by three people and it can be done by our IT team as well. It is not hard to maintain

If you are a customer or a gold partner, you'll be aligned with a customer success manager who can escalate the case quickly and you'll receive a resolution in no time.

After I started using Blue Prism, I also started working with Automation Anywhere and Ui Path.

Blue Prism has its own market share. The large three or four organizations use Blue Prism's security and scalability features, which can be applied at an enterprise level. Some things need to be improved. These are things that are lacking in other tools as well, so it is a fair competition.

The initial setup was straightforward.

If everything is set up well like the restrictions that are on the PCs are up to mark, it will take 20 to 25 minutes for the complete installation.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that not all activities can be automated by using Blue Prism. There are certain levels of criteria that need to be calculated before choosing a particular RPA tool. There are things that need to be considered before choosing economically.

In the next release, I would like to see improvement in cognitive abilities, AI, and document processing.

I would rate Blue Prism an eight out of ten.

Senior Software Engineer at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Scales well and a community edition is available, but the stability should be improved
  • "This is a scalable product."
  • "The initial setup and deployment could be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Blue Prism to automate any of your manual tasks, that are related to desktop, or web-based, email, and Excel. Any kind of automation for that matter.

Also, for any two handled records that have been created with many items and have been automated, we would use Blue Prism to manage them.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup and deployment could be simplified.

The stability could be improved.

They could add more AI-related technology.

With their free version, they should provide some sort of community link where you can learn for free. It would be better.

I have been using Blue Prism for approximately one year.

We are not using the latest version, when we used it last, it was version 5.

It is stable, but we faced some issues while we were automating web applications.

This is a scalable product. We were a team of 10 or 11 who were using this solution.

We did require support, but we got it from the website.

If you compare it with UiPath and you require support, there is a lot of help available from the forum, but while I was using it, Blue Prism didn't have an updated forum.

I did receive a few answers but the forum needs to be updated.

I was not a part of the initial setup up, but I believe that the initial setup may be moderate, it's not that easy. It requires some SQL connection.

It only requires one team member to maintain this solution.

Blue Prism is quite costly.

The free version provides you with a free forum for a month, where UiPath provides you with a community edition with their free version.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Blue Prism. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,599 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Manager Finance at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Integrates well with SAP, easy to setup but it doesn't record transactions
  • "The integration has improved a lot in terms of SAP, and other screens."
  • "The recording of the transaction is missing in this solution."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for invoicing and some other allocations in our organization.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility is not that great, but it's a stable product.

The integration has improved a lot in terms of SAP, and other screens.

What needs improvement?

The recording of the transaction is missing in this solution.

The pricing could always be better.

We cannot record inactivity, we need an actual program or we need to design it.

In the next release, I would like it to be able to record the transaction instead of designing it. It would be very helpful and easier to roll-out the product.

The interface is okay as long as we can design it. The studio is fine.

I have been using Blue Prism for two years.

We have the license for the latest version.

It's a stable product. We have a very small team of three users who are support administrators.

We have three users in our organization who are using this solution.

We have a team of three people.

We have not contacted technical support. We haven't had the need to.

Previously, we did not use another solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. We didn't have any issues.

We were able to complete the deployment in one day.

The implementation was done through consultants.

The price is on par with other products in the market.

Pricing could be better but everyone is charging based on the number of users.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Francisco Javier Mateus Ramos
Technical and ROM Architect at PROA IA
Easy to use, stable, scalable, and has powerful exception handling
  • "One of the most powerful features in Blue Prism is exception handling. It's one of the features that really differentiates it from other platforms."
  • "Blue Prism needs to work in a web-based account. I think that the Blue Prism will need to have the main features be web-based so that you can control the box in a web-based environment and not in a client's environment."

What is most valuable?

It is really easy to use; it's user-friendly.

Also, you only have one database and can consolidate everything, database per environment. I think that helps to have more control, to trace all the data and all the loss, and scale in an easier way.

It is stable and easy to scale.

It is easy to set up as well.

What needs improvement?

Blue Prism needs to work in a web-based account. I think that Blue Prism will need to have the main features be web-based so that you can control the box in a web-based environment and not in a client's environment.

You need to enter the machine and study the client in that machine to see what happened in the box. In other platforms, you can do that in a web-based environment, which is easier to access.

The OTR can be more powerful.

They also need to have an easy way to have more sessions for Telco machines.

I started using it five years ago as a developer. It is deployed in cloud and hybrid environments.

The stability is really good.

It's really easy to scale.

If you have problems in production, they have technical support 24/7. They respond quickly and help you resolve the issue that you have.

It is easy to set up. In a position setup, at most it can take eight hours. In a box environment, it can be set up in 10 minutes.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend Blue Prism and rate it at nine on a scale from one to ten.

Manager, Information Technology Automation Delivery at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
A stable, scalable, and easy-to-deploy solution with good integrations and features
  • "We've started to use some of the new features such as translation, cognitive, and we are finding them useful. We are also finding API integrations very useful."
  • "We would like to have something, not particularly within the tool, that gives flexibility to the end-users to schedule the bots themselves. There should be some kind of control room flexibility so that they can go in. We don't have to always keep that centralized with us. We would also like to have inbuilt scheduling and resource pooling to distribute the bots on servers from within the platform. I should be able to distribute or orchestrate them internally so that if one bot takes a little longer than planned, it automatically shifts to another server. We would also like its price to be lower."

What is most valuable?

We've started to use some of the new features such as translation, cognitive, and we are finding them useful. We are also finding API integrations very useful.

What needs improvement?

We would like to have something, not particularly within the tool, that gives flexibility to the end-users to schedule the bots themselves. There should be some kind of control room flexibility so that they can go in. We don't have to always keep that centralized with us.

We would also like to have inbuilt scheduling and resource pooling to distribute the bots on servers from within the platform. I should be able to distribute or orchestrate them internally so that if one bot takes a little longer than planned, it automatically shifts to another server.

We would also like its price to be lower.

I have been using this solution for about one and a half years.

It is stable.

It is absolutely scalable. We have close to 200 automations written in Blue Prism. We have five to six people who work on this solution.

They're good. We didn't find any issues.

This was our first platform for automation. We have used other tools such as K2, but Blue Prism is the only full-fledged RPA platform that we've used.

The initial setup was easy.

Its price should be lower.

What other advice do I have?

I have heard that UiPath is catching up in a big way and offers a lot of flexibility. You can also evaluate UiPath.

I would rate Blue Prism an eight out of ten.

MehakTalwar
Project Manager at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Good for structured data and easy to implement and understand
  • "It is good for transactions that are very straightforward. It works very nicely with the structured data. It is user-friendly. It is easy to implement and easy to understand."
  • "We didn't find it much useful for unstructured data. It is not easy to do the automation with Blue Prism if you have unstructured data. It should have better automation processes or connectors for unstructured data such as PDFs or pictures. It has a connector for different applications, such as SAP, but we use a few other applications for which it doesn't have a connector. It should have a more comprehensive dashboard that we can use to see the processes that are running and control the parameters."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to automate various backend processes in our company, such as PO processes and finance processes. We are using the latest version. It is deployed on the cloud as well as on-premises.

What is most valuable?

It is good for transactions that are very straightforward. It works very nicely with the structured data.

It is user-friendly. It is easy to implement and easy to understand.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Blue Prism for almost two years.

There are some issues with its stability. On a scale of five, I would give it a four.

There is a partner who is doing the automation for us, and they contact the technical support. We don't have any visibility on that.

I wasn't there when we did the initial setup at the company, but from what I know, it was not that painful. We were able to set it up quickly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate Blue Prism an eight out of ten.

Giovana Reis
Senior Planning and Control Analyst at a translation and localization position with 1,001-5,000 employees
Useful base features and helpful implementation support
  • "I use the basic features that are very useful."
  • "There are some new tools on the market that work better than Blue Prism. When Blue Prism receives information I have found other RPA solutions refresh the application better. At this moment it's not the best application."

What is our primary use case?

We were using Blue Prism mainly for simple RPA processing.

I work with advisors, and we have a lot of clients that have a lot of processes. We use the solution for the cost and management processes. When we need to organize some information we join the information into a report.

What is most valuable?

I use the basic features that are very useful.

What needs improvement?

Blue Prism could improve the integration with the development of applications. For example, a type of automation where we can build applications and integrate them with the RPA. This is something that we would use a lot and is not available in Blue Prism.

I have been using Blue Prism for approximately two years.

The support is great for Blue Prism when you are implementing the solution. However, since it is a new solution there is not a lot of information on the forums.

The installation difficulty level depends on what processes are going to be being used.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others wanting to implement this solution is to make sure they evaluate their requirements and it is important to have good integration with their systems. I would recommend using templates for their data because if they do not it can create problems.

I rate Blue Prism an eight out of ten.

Director, Km & Bpo Innovation at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
User-friendly interface, easy to use, and you can automate tasks without coding
  • "The web-based designer is very user-friendly and easy to use."
  • "I would like to see machine learning functionality integrated with the automation."

What is our primary use case?

We have a lot of use cases for automation, including testing our website.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that you can create automations without coding.

The web-based designer is very user-friendly and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Blue Prism for about three years.

At this point, it is hard to say how scalable it is. We have more than 200 employees using it.

This product is very easy to maintain, so we haven't had to contact technical support.

Prior to using Blue Prism, we gained experience using UiPath. We have now started using Automation Anywhere, as well. Each of these RPA products has different features and we choose the one that best meets the needs of the project.

For example, UiPath is very good at text file automation, whereas Automation Anywhere is better at web-based or cloud-based automation.

The initial setup is not complex. I would say that it is really easy.

We had assistance implementing Blue Prism from SAP.

Blue Prism is less expensive than some of the other RPA solutions. The licensing fees depend on the number of users that you have.

What other advice do I have?

Download our free Blue Prism Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.