We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
M.J
RPA Program Manager at Raksha Technologies Private Limited
Easy to use with a helpful drag-and-drop interface and recording capabilities
  • "The most valuable feature is recording in the Control Room, as it allows me to chose what I want to have recorded, ensuring that I get the right thing on time."
  • "Replacing the list of search options with voice commands for each item would be great."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use has been to automate a few mundane tasks in the organization, which really helped us in this COVID situation. As most of the people are WFH and we were not able to connect to each and every individual, it helped to ease everyone's tasks and ensure they were completed on time and without errors.

Because of this, our customers are happy and our vendors were able to help us in terms of meeting our customer satisfaction and not compromising on anything. This has become the new normal for us and we have started adapting to it.

How has it helped my organization?

Human hours are saved and are utilized in other tasks. Since we all are in a critical situation, our office was shut down temporarily and functioning over the cloud. Employees were facing several problems like network issues and we couldn't arrange things for them, so we ended up taking their tasks and start automating them.

This ensures that they were utilized in customer satisfaction roles and that the issues were not left unattended.

A few reports and emails were automated to communicate with customers because our US server was offline.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is recording in the Control Room, as it allows me to chose what I want to have recorded, ensuring that I get the right thing on time.

All of the options are available in the control room and with the search capability, even a person who is not from a computer background can easily create bots.

What needs improvement?

Certain areas of the user interface require improvement. Most of the time, it's pretty easy to drag and drop the required field but it would much better if we had voice commands so that I save time instead of using my mouse and keypad.

It would be better if it were digitally designed so that users can feel the live experience as if looking at the exact interface, rather than the logo.

I would like like to see changes made to the appearance of the control room. Although we all love the brownish dark mode, it would be better designed with white and orange instead of the dark brown colour on the left side of the panel.

We have been using Automation Anywhere for two years.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
reviewer1464540
Software Engineer at Capgemini
Reduces operational effort and cost, excellent support, and integrates well within our CICD environment
  • "Within less time than it used to take, we can automate a complete Apex task."
  • "I feel the tool has to provide deeper insights for debugging issues, considering both internal and external factors."

What is our primary use case?

We used Automation Anywhere to create and integrate a solution that is suitable for a dynamic application. We had a business challenge where things were dynamic in terms of the environment, and we need to integrate into a CICD system.

How has it helped my organization?

It reduced cost and effort significantly. Yearly, our organization saved $14,000. The company started to save more, and increased efficiency in the field of automation then started to pioneer.

What is most valuable?

Within less time than it used to take, we can automate a complete Apex task. Being able to do this is how we managed to win the work for our client. The client was amazed and suggested the solution throughout the organization.

Complex tasks can be automated easily and reliably.

What needs improvement?

I feel the tool has to provide deeper insights for debugging issues, considering both internal and external factors.

The image recognition functionality needs to improve so that we can work faster.

We have been using Automation Anywhere for one year and eight months.

We were highly attracted to this product due to its scalability. This is because we started to work within a CICD environment.

The technical support is excellent.

Previously, we used the UFT solution provided by Micro Focus. It did well with us for a couple of years but as the application keeps on growing and becoming more complex, UFT has shifted from pros to cons. That's where we shifted to Automation Anywhere.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We implemented through a vendor team and their level of expertise was excellent.

Our advice is that anybody interested in this product should negotiate product bundles in order to reduce the cost of installation and setup. This product will ultimately help you to innovate and excel, and we recommend it.

We evaluated other options like UiPath, but we got what we needed that was specific to our requirements, so we onboarded AA.

What other advice do I have?

I believe Automation Anywhere bundles everything for generic needs and in my case, everything was covered in these generic bundles.

Other
Learn what your peers think about Automation Anywhere (AA). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,997 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1466973
Application Support Associate at Accenture
Easy to use, the IQ Bot greatly assists in processing data, and the Bot Store has many helpful bots to choose from
  • "I like all of the product features, but I mostly like to work with IQ Bots because they have cognitive automation capabilities."
  • "I would like to see a global error handler introduced, which will explicitly handle errors over the entire project."

What is our primary use case?

We have automated desktop applications, web applications, SAP applications, invoice processing through IQ Bot, as well as other projects. We have been achieving high accuracy with a maximum success rate.

How has it helped my organization?

The product is simple to use and provides a good base of functionality out of the box to cover most automation scenarios. It is also very extensible in that additional functionality can be added through the use of class libraries and APIs.

What is most valuable?

I like all of the product features, but I mostly like to work with IQ Bots because they have cognitive automation capabilities. We simply train the Bot by uploading sample files, and it then begins classifying, processing, and extracting the data within a short span of time. We can easily train the bot to extract the required fields, and we are processing tons of invoices using IQ Bot in a fraction of the time. This has saved our company lots in terms of both costs and manpower.

Working with Automation Anywhere is very easy in my environment. The automation is built with easy workflows and commands, which are user-friendly, even for people without a programming background.

The biggest advantage that Automation Anywhere provides is the Bot Store, where we search the existing bots and download relevant ones for our own use. These are very helpful in our automation because they are done very fast and deploy in a short time.

What needs improvement?

They bring out new or enhanced functionality on a very short cycle, which is great, although a criticism would be sometimes new features are released so quickly they can sometimes be a little buggy.

We have been faced with inconsistent error handling during the bot development stage, which is something that should be improved. The error handling is generally good, but the problem arises when developing multiple tasks within the same project. Specifically, I want to handle the error that occurs in a sub-task, as we have to ensure that all of the relevant tasks are completed properly in order to continue the process.

I would like to see a global error handler introduced, which will explicitly handle errors over the entire project.

I would like to have a Project Sharing Hub, similar to that of GitHub, but inside the tool. This would help with consolidating all of the project files at the end of the deployment.

We have been using Automation Anywhere for one year.

reviewer1455387
Technical Architect at MindTree
Impressive capabilities using Metabot and good support help us with goal of reducing FTEs
  • "The tool feature I found the most valuable is Metabot, as we can include the DLLs that are proprietary written code in .NET or other technologies."
  • "It would be great if they provide installation documents that are easier to understand, place more focus on capturing the fields, and most importantly, concentrate more on the OCR capability."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is to minimize the manual, repeated work done across the organizations and putting Bots in place for more accuracy, fastened process timings, and employee satisfaction.

Our major reason for implementing the solution is to reduce the FTE count and allow them to realize the benefits over a period of time. The primary use of this tool is automating areas like HR and admin.

It is easy to implement and most of the shared service areas are getting relieved by implementing Bots as part of the process.

How has it helped my organization?

From the organizational level, Automation Anywhere helped us in getting more business. Each client comes with their own standards, wherein it helps us in understanding their business altogether.

We can provide them the solutions in various ways, helping them with implementing the Bots, which requires us to enter into their core businesses and provide solutions to different areas.

What is most valuable?

The tool feature I found the most valuable is Metabot, as we can include the DLLs that are proprietary written code in .NET or other technologies.

Apart from the functionality, their working model and support are good.

Most of the tool's capabilities and features are very good in terms of architecture. It is easily understandable and very well structured. It is the most promising tool in the market, so it is helpful in attracting customers by demoing the already implemented Bots.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if they provide installation documents that are easier to understand, place more focus on capturing the fields, and most importantly, concentrate more on the OCR capability. Lots of customers come with scanned PDFs, wherein we find that area is more challenging. If a constant solution can be provided to read the non-editable documents, then that would be the highest milestone of the Automation Anywhere.

Lots of companies do not follow the LEAN method, so most of the processes are still with the old models. AA can focus on those areas and introduce some techniques to address those issues within the processes.

They can conduct more regular sessions with partners about their ability and new developments, which will help us in bringing new businesses.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for six years.

Their support in case of any tickets raised is more helpful for us in resolving the issues at the earliest.

Celestine
Director intelligent automation at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Enables time and cost-saving but the OCR capability needs improvement
  • "The features that help us satisfy the needs of the customer to overcome mundane activities using task bots and meta bots are the most valuable along with the rich controls in the control room. The developer team is able to capture all the necessary steps without much hassle with the visual designer and the ability to test each step of automation has helped in delivering error-free automation to our customer."
  • "The OCR component should allow integration with 3rd party OCR. This way we can use the best of breed solution along with AA or allow better control over OCR packages to be customized."

What is our primary use case?

We are an SI vendor. We have been implementing customer-facing solutions for processes like reports generation, bank reconciliation, payroll processing, etc.

There were different bank statements generated for reconciliations. With some standardization, we were able to automate a process that took more than 4 hours in under 15 mins. In one of our customer implementations, the environment was to use simple RPA functionalities without any complexities. We achieved it with the basic pack of AA license.

How has it helped my organization?

The organizations where we have implemented AA have seen tremendous benefits achieved in terms of time and cost-saving with the highest quality of deliverables. Since this is about how it has helped our organization, I would explain it from the context of a system integration vendor. We are able to build a steady pipeline when we position AA as a solution and enhance our resource skills by certifications of AA.  This has certainly improved or relevance in the RPA market space with a growing team of Automation Engineers.

What is most valuable?

The features that help us satisfy the needs of the customer to overcome mundane activities using task bots and meta bots are the most valuable along with the rich controls in the control room. The developer team is able to capture all the necessary steps without much hassle with the visual designer and the ability to test each step of automation has helped in delivering error-free automation to our customer. With the new version of AA, we have more control over the implementation and we are able to quickly deploy the solutions to the customer.

What needs improvement?

OCR - OCR capability needs to become better. For the handwritten documents, we had a struggle to extract with accuracy while some other market tools were able to achieve it without any issues.

The OCR component should allow integration with 3rd party OCR. This way we can use the best of breed solution along with AA or allow better control over OCR packages to be customized. As of now, it acts like a black box where there is very little control over the outcome of the OCR. We had great struggles with a customer who had handwritten data extraction. Finally, the customer was not able to see the value and the exploration went on hold post COVID.

We partner with multiple tools. We find AA to be much superior in support.

Private Cloud
reviewer1465482
Senior RPA consultant at RPATech
Integrates DLL files with meta bot, enabling developers to use DLL files to connect to applications
  • "Automation Anywhere offers the capability of integrating the DLL files with meta bot and hence the developer can use DLL files to connect to applications likes outlook, SAP, etc"
  • "Automation Anywhere can include database commands like insert row, bold row, etc commands in 11.x"

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of this tool is to automate the business process end to end for different finance towers. We have automated the following processes end to end with the help of Automation Anywhere:

R2R: In the R2R tower we have automated the process of uploading the backup files in SAP.

Manually it took around 7 working days to upload 10k documents to SAP.

With the help of Automation Anywhere, we are able to upload 10k documents in 1 4 working hours which is a great achievement for us.

We managed to save 5 FTE by automating this business process.

How has it helped my organization?

• Automation Anywhere has helped my organization to automate the complex process which usually takes 7-8 FTE and lots of human effort in repetitive tasks/processes.
  • We have developed a bot that would automate the process of calculating the KPI of a P2P finance tower which would usually take 8 hours for each FTE to present the KPI.
  • The bot takes usually 2-3 hours to represent the KPI across all regions for the P2P tower.
  • The benefits are so great that the organization is saving the effort of 7 FTE from this project.

What is most valuable?

The following features are best in the Automation Anywhere tool:

Automation Anywhere offers the capability of integrating the DLL files with meta bot and hence the developer can use DLL files to connect to applications likes Outlook, SAP, etc.

Automation Anywhere offers the best tool in the market for extracting information from PDF and is called IQ bot. IQ bot is built on machine learning and natural language processing. It helps users to create layouts for the pdf and then process the similar format pdf in one go.

What needs improvement?

Automation Anywhere is the best automating tool on the market and it's very difficult for me to think to suggest something to improve the tool.

Here are my few suggestions:

They can also include features like API integration features in the command panel.

They should create a standard framework like re framework in Ui Path.

As it enhances the capability of the developer to create an automation project.

I have been using the Automation Anywhere tool for more than 2.5 years.

Private Cloud

Other
Akshay Pandey
Associate Systems Analyst at NSEiT Limited
Speeds manual data processing tasks and supports both scheduled and trigger-based process execution
  • "One of the most valuable features is the error handler, as this command has helped me design bots that can handle multiple errors and exceptions."
  • "Most of the Excel commands such as filtering and removing duplicates are not available."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use cases consist of the following:

1. Filtering and manipulating multiple Excel, CSV, XLS files to gather relevant data as per the business requirements.
  2. Extracting text from searchable and non-searchable PDF files and uploading the data to separate output files or web-based forms.
  3. Scheduling tasks to run on a daily basis or implementing trigger-based process execution.
  4. Implementing email automation in various modules.
  5. Working with external macros and JScript files, depending on the given business logic.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere has by far, provided one of the best and easiest solutions to implement RPA. It has helped increase our productivity in the following ways:

1. The scheduling and trigger-based solutions provided by Automation Anywhere have saved the effort of manually checking the conditions and executing tasks.
  2. The OCR commands have made document processing efficient to a certain extent.
  3. Working with external scripts has been very useful; I have used JScript and VBScripts in my processes.

What is most valuable?

The features I found most valuable are:

1. PDF Integration Commands: It is easy to extract text from PDF files in two ways, plain text and structured text. Automated password protected files, as well.
  2. FTP Commands: I found it very easy to automate processes where I have to extract, upload, and rename files on the SFTP server for my process.
  3. Error Handler: One of the most valuable features is the error handler, as this command has helped me design bots that can handle multiple errors and exceptions.
  4. Object Cloning Features: This is one of the most reliable features provided by Automation Anywhere.

What needs improvement?

The product is amazing, nevertheless, it would be really great to see the following points being implemented:

1. Better OCR Extraction: The OCR extraction is good to some extent, but I have seen some cases where it has failed to extract text from a few documents, and this was quite unexpected.
  2. More Excel Commands: The set of Excel commands I am currently using in Automation Anywhere V11.3 are limited. Most of the Excel commands such as filtering and removing duplicates are not available.
  3. Options to edit Document and PPT files: The scope of projects could be expanded if we have such commands.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for more than a year.

Jane Adams
Information Technology Specialist at RBC
Easy to deploy and use, increases productivity and helped us to scale
  • "It has helped us relieve the workload on our human workforce and thus ensures that they remain productive and motivated at all times thus work efficiently."
  • "The vendor should increase the training and other engagements with users before they acquire the platform, as this will simplify its usage further and ensure that there no hindrances in using the platform."

What is our primary use case?

We are a company operating in the banking industry and we use the platform in deploying robotic process automation for executing various functions from customer service management.

The automated processes include ticketing, data extraction and analysis, and business intelligence, among others. It helps us automate our functions and this has brought a positive effect into our workflow and we have been able to grow our productivity.

The platform is versatile and users across the spectrum and in various industries are able to acquire it and use it intuitively.

How has it helped my organization?

The platform is easy to deploy and use in every organization and when we acquired it, it brought instant impact and our employees were able to productively integrate it into our workflows.

What is most valuable?

Brings business process automation and this helps in scaling our operations and ensuring that we are able to work 24/7, thus improving our productivity.

It has brought artificial intelligence and this allows us to improve our planning and decision-making process, ultimately growing our company and the way we execute our workflow.

What needs improvement?

The starting price, which is a one-off fee is a bit high and this may deter mid and small-sized companies from acquiring and decide to shun the platform. It ought to be broken down into monthly installments, where the billing of using the platform is done monthly. This will increase its absorption in the market.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for the past four years.

Customer support is available and this ensures that any user experiencing any challenge in using the platform is helped and becomes able to use the platform in a reliable manner.

It's affordable and this accords all users a chance to use the platform and grow their portfolio and withstand competition in their respective industries and markets over their rivals.

Download our free Automation Anywhere (AA) Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.