IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Alibaba Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Alibaba Cloud is #12 ranked solution in top Infrastructure as a Service Clouds. PeerSpot users give Alibaba Cloud an average rating of 6 out of 10. Alibaba Cloud is most commonly compared to Microsoft Azure: Alibaba Cloud vs Microsoft Azure. Alibaba Cloud is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 27% of all views.

Download the Infrastructure as a Service Clouds (IaaS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Alibaba Cloud?

Alibaba Cloud offers a comprehensive suite of cloud computing services to support growing enterprises worldwide, including data storage, relational databases, big-data processing, and content delivery networks.

Alibaba Cloud Customers

Schneider Electric, BorderX Lab, Royal Philips, Catchpoint, Conversant, Blogmint

Alibaba Cloud Video

Archived Alibaba Cloud Reviews (more than two years old)

System Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good pricing and security, but lacks decent performance
  • "The cost of hosting the solution is very reasonable. It's quite inexpensive."
  • "From a performance point of view, Huawei and Azure are faster. Alibaba isn't as good."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the access it provides. Users can access it from anywhere, including their homes if they need to.

What is most valuable?

The cost of hosting the solution is very reasonable. It's quite inexpensive. The solution is very secure.

What needs improvement?

We use Azure and Huawei as well, and, from an ease of use perspective, those two are much better. Alibaba should work to make the solution simpler like them. The interface could be more user-friendly. From a performance point of view, Huawei and Azure are faster. Alibaba isn't as good.

I've been using the solution for one year.
Infrastructure as a Service Clouds (IaaS)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Alibaba, Microsoft, Google and others in Infrastructure as a Service Clouds (IaaS). Updated: June 2022.
610,045 professionals have used our research since 2012.

From what I have seen and how I have used the solution, I find it to be quite stable.

The solution has been scalable for us. However, I haven't personally tried to scale it too much, so I can't gauge exactly how scalable it could be.

We've never contacted technical support directly. Typically, if I run into issues, I go to Google and see what I can find online.

We currently also use Huawei and Azure. We use each of these interchangeably.

The initial setup isn't too difficult if you are a technical person. However, Azure, for example, is much easier to set up. There's a bit of complexity with Alibaba. We have issues with translation from English to Chinese, for example.

The price of the solution is quite good and is one of the main reasons we still use it.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a relationship or affiliation with Alibaba. I wouldn't recommend Alibaba. I think other companies should just use Azure instead, as it's a much simpler solution. I'd rate it six out of ten.

Download our free Infrastructure as a Service Clouds (IaaS) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Alibaba, Microsoft, Google, and more!
Updated: June 2022